Is it the end of an era? Adele (65M) and Taylor Swift (70M) are "fighting" to surpass Britney Spears (80M) as the best-selling female artist (pure album sales) since Mariah Carey

I’m gonna need some receipts because according to Wikipedia Adele’s 21 (her biggest selling album) has sold just over 12 million in the US so….

And the Taylor maths isn’t adding up either. Despite the fact she has released 15 studio albums (including the upcoming and 4 re-releases). It is likely she will surpass at some point though at the rate she is releasing/re-releasing 

• Like 4

She could honestly come back and do something about that. Also, we don't really know her sales, because they don't bothering updating them as often as they should.

Ntm Taylor is releasing an album every single year, and re-releasing + doing several different versions of her albums. So it's bound to happen some time.

• Like 4

I would not refer to Chartmasters. They are always off when it comes to their estimates, for every artist. Their favoritism on the one hand and slow updates for certain artists on the other also make the whole page inaccurate. Only the streaming numbers are useful, but also not complete. While Spotify is the leading platform, there is so much missing. The global lead in subscriber consumption for Spotify is about 30%, not 90%.

Edited by Dama Etro
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, PlatinumB said:

She's held on for that title for so long and she'll continue to be the youngest ever to have it so it's been a very long era... pass it over to whomever.

Exactly and Britney did that with less albums (compared to Taylor) and didn’t have boomers and other generations mass buying her music (Adele.) Britney was mostly carried by younger generations. Even Taylor has boomers salivating over her because of their kids and grandkids. Still baffles me seeing kids like 9 or 10 go feral for Taylor in 2024. That’s like me going feral for Cyndi Lauper at 9 or 10. Didn’t ******* happen :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Exactly and Britney did that with less albums (compared to Taylor) and didn’t have boomers and other generations mass buying her music (Adele.) Britney was mostly carried by younger generations. Even Taylor has boomers salivating over her because of their kids and grandkids. Still baffles me seeing kids like 9 or 10 go feral for Taylor in 2024. That’s like me going feral for Cyndi Lauper at 9 or 10. Didn’t ******* happen :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish:

YOU BETTA PREACH! I really do not understand the Taylor hype... like at all. Call me a hater! I don't care. It's just baffling and beyond tragic... xD I have young  14 teen year old cousins who are obsessed with her music and i'm like... You know Taylor came out when I was your age lmao and no one was really checking for Taylor's music like that back then.. She's re-released her way to relevancy :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: 

Adele and the boomers....

giphy.gif

she saw a gap in the market and went for it lmao I'm not mad at her though lol good for her! 

• Haha 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, PlatinumB said:

YOU BETTA PREACH! I really do not understand the Taylor hype... like at all. Call me a hater! I don't care. It's just baffling and beyond tragic... xD I have young  14 teen year old cousins who are obsessed with her music and i'm like... You know Taylor came out when I was your age lmao and no one was really checking for Taylor's music like that back then.. She's re-released her way to relevancy :billiebarf_ew_gross_disgusting_throw_up_vomit_green_eilish: 

Adele and the boomers....

giphy.gif

she saw a gap in the market and went for it lmao I'm not mad at her though lol good for her! 

Exactly and don’t get me wrong I don’t hate Taylor the person but the Swifties piss me the F off how cringe they are 

• Love 2
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, 3Pney said:

tbh, i feel bad for taylor. she is releasing tons of different versions of the same album + re-releases, and yet she is still struggling with Adele who released only like 4 albums?

lol. sad.

Do you feel bad for THE music industry? really? :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay:

She will become the most successful music act in history in a couple of years.. don't feel bad for her. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block