Is Tate McRae the new Britney Spears?

11 hours ago, Jack Spears said:

No. Britney Spears is Britney Spears. Tate... whatever her name is is who she is. Stop this comparsion. You're no better than misyognists who compared Xtina to Britney in the early 2000s. Let them be there own INDIVIDUAL ENTITIES and grow up. 

Hmm I disagree. Within every generation or so, there will always be a new “Britney” in the sense of an up and coming icon that encapsulates many of Britney’s qualities that got her to where she is today. Britney herself was an opening act in the beginning. She wasn’t instant super star. She did take off relatively fast though. Then again… the pop landscape wasn’t as immensely saturated as it is today due in large part to modern radio, social media platforms and the modern net. 

Tate has a single with Tiesto. You can’t be a nobody to have a hit song with Tiesto. That collaboration doesn’t happen to just anybody. 

And I would refrain from telling people to “grow up” because they have a different view of you. It kinda makes you appear like the childish one. Cheers.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, x.rox said:

Hmm I disagree. Within every generation or so, there will always be a new “Britney” in the sense of an up and coming icon that encapsulates many of Britney’s qualities that got her to where she is today. Britney herself was an opening act in the beginning. She wasn’t instant super star. She did take off relatively fast though. Then again… the pop landscape wasn’t as immensely saturated as it is today due in large part to modern radio, social media platforms and the modern net. 

Tate has a single with Tiesto. You can’t be a nobody to have a hit song with Tiesto. That collaboration doesn’t happen to just anybody. 

And I would refrain from telling people to “grow up” because they have a different view of you. It kinda makes you appear like the childish one. Cheers.

Agree with this, btw love your new pic :straddle_britney_pink_yoga_meditation_bounce_legs_spread_gym:

• Love 1

Tate Mcrae IS THE NEW BRITNEY! Very unpopular opinion, bit it's true.

I have never been obessed more with someone than Britney, but after Tate's Billboard performance I'm realising just how obsessed I became with Tate. She may not have this ''princess beauty'' look, but she has:

- amazing live vocals, really really good

- dance skills of a goddess

- body of a goddess

- she writes those amazing lyrics by herself

- she IS THE NEW BRITNEY - in case she will continue like she started now. :setfire_girl_meme_explosion_burning:

4 hours ago, x.rox said:

I agree to your first point, I understand that.

To your second point, I think you should watch BJ investigates channel. You don't need to be "big" to have collabs or be connected, this is an extremely naive (understandbly not everyone knows) view on the music industry. I'm quite familar with the industry and especially, specifically law ( I won't go into detail). The reason Britney was the opening act for NSync was because they all shared similar managers, handlers, same record company, lawyers, connections in general.

The music industry is all about connections so as much as we would like to think "omg they are just so talented (which yes Tate is and many others are) it doesn't just happen because of that. A lot of money is involved, negiotations, brand deals, behind the scenes stuff. I don't want to burst your bubble or ruin it for you but a lot of what you see is fake. That's how collabs work, you kinda feed off each other. that's why Madonna with every new era she has done has collabed with the newest or most popular artists (2003-04.. was Britney, need i Say more), then it was Nicki Minaj, Justin Bieber and now she's exploting drag queens because rupauls drag race is the most popular reality TV show globally. 

My point is, the music industry is quite frankly incestuious. I think there are many similarities to Tate and Britney, sure. But I don't see Britney in Tate when she performs. She doesn't have the same type of energy or charisma and maybe that's due to the change in how performaces/industry is in 2023 and stuff but yeah. 

Let me finish saying this, you never, or rarely seen male artists being compared to one another, even if it's a "compliment" so why women? Again, I stand by my fundamental point, let them be two different entities. Beyonce is Beyonce, Britney is Britney. They worked for their legendary status and to compare it to some new artist who still needs to prove herself is, in some ways disrespectful. 

Every artist that comes out with the clear intention of doing a copycat version of someone before them, ends up crashing sooner or later. It is pathetic and it only speaks of the lack of confidence these people have in themselves. The teuw artist is only him or herself, one who can only by what they already are. This girl is trying hard, and I have heard sooo many times the whole "the new Michael Jackson, the new Madonna, the new blah blah". There nevet is a new nothing. 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure RCA has some spies in this forum, so PLEASE RCA they both are on your rooster, convince them to do a duet:

BRITNEY SPEARS X TATE MCRAE  produced by Max Martin

music video directed by Joseph Kahn

We would dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

:blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom::blast_explosion_skeleton_skull_fire_flames_boom:

Edited by work
  • Like 3

Really like this Tate from a lot. She’s uber talented. Shes not the next Britney, though. The only way some pop star is going to be the next Britney is if they have the same type of debut Britney had. THEN and only then will I agree that there’s a “next” Britney. Britney’s smash debut is something you won’t be able to replicate in this era, but I’m down for someone to try. So let’s stop trying to make every baby voiced dancer the next Britney. It’s probably never going to happen 👋😘

On 12/14/2023 at 11:31 AM, Jup1ter said:

What's your fav songs so far from THINK LATER?

I'm still addicted to greedy and exes to go explore more

14 hours ago, Loosenupthosebuttons said:

My favorite is Run for the Hills!!! 

'Hurt My Feelings' is the one I like the most.

I realized 'Exes' sound way better when listened withing the whole album. :bop_beyonce_dancing_yes_Yas_cheer_party_glasses:

21 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

Mean Girls Yes GIF

:billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh::ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block