Is Tate McRae the new Britney Spears?

1 hour ago, Y2Gay jordeezy said:

Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. 

She sounds like Camilla Cabello. She's a great dancer but her vocals and music just aren't there. 

I’d never heard of her before so I YouTubed her and I came here to say this too. She sounds just like Camila. 

I also don’t think Britney fans can judge anyone for vocals at all. That feels ironic to me lol

• Haha 3

I noticed Tate is signed on by RCA, the label that apparently has resigned or gave up on promoting Britney's catalog or at least on doing anniversaries editions (ITZ 20 years when?) or something, anything. Then I see some of you are starting to ask and compare this woman who's also signed on by RCA to miss Britney. By doing this you are begging for Britney. Obviously because there's not much going on for Britney Nerds to talk about these days. But when you claim for a new Britney you are treating Britney like she is discartable. Old Britney. New Britney. Sorry, to this day there hasn't been a new Madonna or new Michael Jackson and there will ever be another? Tate McRae's songs are actually kind of sound like other pop singer songs. I'm honestly listening to her songs as I'm writing this and it's actually listenable, there's some good ones to bop in the shower. She's talented - why would you tell she's not? - and I am not discrediting her at all. She's got good dance moves too. And who knows what she could bring in the future? But there is no Britney in Tate's repertory. Actually she is probably influenced by Britney and Madonna and all the other generations of brave, talented, powerful singers. Like the other female artists also are walking because some others have ran before them.

Edited by Fita
48 minutes ago, Derrick said:

I’d never heard of her before so I YouTubed her and I came here to say this too. She sounds just like Camila. 

I also don’t think Britney fans can judge anyone for vocals at all. That feels ironic to me lol

But Britney has a SOUND. Her voice is never mistaken. She did that since single #1. Who gives a dammmm about classical vocal technique anyways? Vocalists don't top the charts. When yall start putting Celine, Susan Boyle, Halle Bailey in the top 10 again maybe THEN yall can argue about Britney's vocal technique. Tate relies on autotune to a fault. 

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

lol 

Did she ...

Release BOMT

Consecutive brain hemorrhage inducing worthy tours back to back

Transcend pop culture with Oops

Destroy the VMAs and American Music Awards with unforgettable performances

Held a snake that caused the audience to convulse

Make out with Madonna

Destroy our eardrums with an album called Blackout

Effed our virtual anuses with Toxic 

Go on for the next 10 years under a conservatorship to release some of the best pop songs of all time 

Dance with knives 

Continue to release killer content 

Make a music video with Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

• Love 1

Number one hits? No. Iconic memorable performances? No. Stage presence? No. Sold out world tours? No. Timeless music videos? No. Need I go on?

Shes definitely not Britney. She sounds like every other young pop singer. Nothing sets her apart. She will be old news in a month. Come at me 😜

Edited by stronger1992
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Y2Gay jordeezy said:

But Britney has a SOUND. Her voice is never mistaken. She did that since single #1. Who gives a dammmm about classical vocal technique anyways? Vocalists don't top the charts. When yall start putting Celine, Susan Boyle, Halle Bailey in the top 10 again maybe THEN yall can argue about Britney's vocal technique. Tate relies on autotune to a fault. 

Oh shiyt, what a scolding :shocked_red_keyboard_type_computer:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block