...Baby One More Time music video turns 25

Most recent sources claim November 26 was the day the ...Baby One More Time music video premiered back in 1998, but the old Britney Spears website and other older sources claimed it was on the 24th. Either way, the video has turned 25 this year and of course I feel old af

I was in kindergarten when this video came out, and thanks to my older cousins I would always watch it on TV all the time and that's how I fell in love with Britney.

Directed by Nigel ****, it is currently her most watched solo video on YouTube with more than 885M views.

On December that year, Britney went to TRL to present the video

• Love 7
  • Super Mods
7 hours ago, setlimitations said:

timeless song and video.  Can't wait for it to pass 1 billion views.  does anyone know which songs older than it are at 1 billion+ views?  I'd assume a couple of MJ vids and some older rock hits.

I Will Always Love You from Whitney Houston has 1.5 billion views as of right now.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ElectricPlatypusLove said:

I've always been really curious if November 24th was the true release date because that's my birthday and I can't help find some significance in my all time favorite artist debuting her first smash iconic video on that day. 

It might’ve been MTV’s premiere date, but I’m nearly 100% sure it was playing on “The Box” in at least October of 1998.  Maybe even very late September 1998. The Box’s Wikipedia page even mentions Baby one more time being on The Box before MTV, but gives no actual dates.

I was in 9th grade. It was after school and I had the TV on, I was also on the dialup internet and I was instant messaging an online friend that asked what I was doing, and I looked out the window at the tree leaves that were changing colors, and typed. “I’m watching Britney Spears’ music video”. He didn’t know who she was yet and the topic of conversation moved on.

And I couldn’t figure out why the radio and MTV weren’t playing this banger of a song at all.

I still remember the channel numbers on my cable system at the time.

Channel 21 - VH1

Channel 22 - The Box

Channel 23 - MTV

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block