Does ´´Mmm Papi´´ leave a bad taste for anybody else too?

40 minutes ago, trip to my touch said:

she was not free doin Circus.

its a song tainted with the "Circus"era and I also don't like "Mmm papi" because it sounds like a lost song from Lou Bega's "Mambo number 5" album. It's like a distant relative of the songs "Tricky,Tricky" and "1+1=2" from that album.

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
51 minutes ago, canwesynchronize said:

I wish it would have been a single, I've always loved this song.  Hate that "papi" was used in mainstream music after this bop.  Jlo's I Love You Papi was released 6 years after...

Come on now. Papi is a mainstay in the Spanish community. It was used way before Britney used it. Please don't say J-Lo stole it from Britney, that's silly.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, CaramelCrooner said:

Come on now. Papi is a mainstay in the Spanish community. It was used way before Britney used it. Please don't say J-Lo stole it from Britney, that's silly.

I know this, I'm Latino and have heard Papi in many Spanish songs growing up.  Lorna's Papi Chulo...Te Trago El Mmm for example came out in the 2003.   I was referencing American mainstream music. :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, HisNameisChase said:

The political aspect of the song is polarizing.

During 2008, immigration was an intense state in the U.S. and Godney Spears made a bilingual song to bring everything together.

Shortly after people knew of the song, "papi" was used more than "hottie" and it brought people together and sparked interest in Spanish and opened minds.

This. Nosotros los latinos tenemos mucho que agradecer a Godney 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

it's not about her dad thats really weird to think it is, do you know the lyrics? 

it's one of the more creative/experimental songs of hers post blackout, it was one of my favs when circus first came out. i don't listen to it much now tho

Edited by Kevney
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block