Did you ever watch Zoey 101?

• Super Mods

Hey you guys,

Since the Zoey 101 movie came out this year, which was horrendous btw,

I wanted to make a thread about if you guys actually used to watch the show when it was on.

Like before JL betrayed Britney and took advantage of her conservatorship,

were you a fan of the show?

I was 11 when it came out and around 14/15 when it ended.

So I think I was in the target demographic at the time and that was back when I used to watch Nickelodeon.

Back then, I actually liked JL but obviously this was before everything I found out about her now.

I think its one of the best shows that aired on Nickelodeon in the 2000s and one thing that made it stand out was that there was no laugh track/audience.

Alot of the iconic and classic Nick shows have that and this was probably one of the very few shows that didn't rely on one.

Despite how I dont like JL anymore,

I do think that this show did age well ironically more than the recent movie ever will.

I just don't like how she thought it was a clever idea to destroy the reputation of the show and PCA with what they said in the movie.

It just ruined it for me tbh.

Proves money matters more to her than quality and that this was a cash grab.

But yeah anyways

honestly did you guys ever watch Zoey 101 back in the day or not?

Please let me know.

I watched a bit of season one, watched more of season two and watched episodes here and there of season three. I never fully got into the show.

I believe her pregnancy was announced a few weeks before the season four premiere and I remember reading it was a record high for the network. Controversy really worked to sell a project back in those times. 

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Az4Angela said:

Yes, I liked it when I was younger + had a crush on the tan dude who was always wearing tank tops :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

Alexa just put out an episode of her podcast talking about him. I caught some of it but I guess he was sticking up for Dan Schneider and discrediting girls encounters with Dan. I like that Alexa speaks out for justice but she just talks in circles about the same thing, so I couldn’t watch the full episode. 

• Love 1

I used to. Like back in 2010, I guess. My sister and I used to watch it together. I used to think she was so beautiful with that tan skin. I enjoyed a little, actually.

And what happened to Victoria Justice?

And remember Zoey's little brother Dustin (Paul Butcher) that randomly showed up at For The Record? lol 

1-D123-DB2-C5-BD-4-A0-B-A898-C4-A6973966

britney-y-paul-2.jpg?w=645

paul-y-brett.jpg?w=645

• Like 1
3 hours ago, MikeHunt said:

I watched a bit of season one, watched more of season two and watched episodes here and there of season three. I never fully got into the show.

I believe her pregnancy was announced a few weeks before the season four premiere and I remember reading it was a record high for the network. Controversy really worked to sell a project back in those times. 

The thing that bothers me is that people think her pregnancy was the reason the show got cancelled. Except the show finished production in the summer of 2007 before Jamie Lynn found out she was pregnant. I think season 4 was always intended to be the last one. However, Jamie Lynn’s pregnancy announcement did coincide with the premiere of season 4. 

Edited by Isla
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Isla said:

The thing that bothers me is that people think her pregnancy was the reason the show got cancelled. Except the show finished production in the summer of 2007 before Jamie Lynn found out she was pregnant. I think season 4 was always intended to be the last one. However, Jamie Lynn’s pregnancy announcement did coincide with the premiere of season 4. 

Yeah, I hate reading comments saying Maddie ruined their fave childhood show. Like you said, it’s not true. It was meant to end after four season. I believe it’s standard for most kid shows to have 3-4 seasons. Also that’s messed up to say about a child in general. Also I remember JL was trying to grow out of the “kid” image, and she shot an episode of Miss Guided where I believe she plays a promiscuous teen? I don’t fully recall. So that must have been shot after Zoey ended and she was moving on to new projects.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 2
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, Isla said:

Me and my sister watched it! I think my sister liked it more than me. Despite Jamie Lynn being a terrible person I’d be curious to watch it again. I liked Quinn and Lola and Zoey and Chase’s relationship was cute. I’ve heard the Zoey 102 film is terrible though. 

Yeah this show was my fave when I was in middle school.

I used to wish that I could go to PCA cause of how BEAUTIFUL the campus was!

To this day, its still one of the most gorgeous schools I have EVER seen in my life! 

I think the movie will age worse than the actual show did because of its cringey acting, too much references to 2010/2020s stereotypes like social media and being addicted to phones and I don't like how they talked about PCA in it.

Of course I wont tell u what they said in case u haven't seen it but the movie was obviously a cash grab.

It's not worth watching tbh.

I watched it out of curiosity and nostalgia and well it sucked :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
55 minutes ago, MikeHunt said:

Yeah, I hate reading comments saying Maddie ruined their fave childhood show. Like you said, it’s not true. It was meant to end after four season. I believe it’s standard for most kid shows to have 3-4 seasons. Also that’s messed up to say about a child in general. Also I remember JL was trying to grow out of the “kid” image, and she shot an episode of Miss Guided where I believe she plays a promiscuous teen? I don’t fully recall. So that must have been shot after Zoey ended and she was moving on to new projects.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Man she was GORGEOUS back then!
WTF happened?! :ohnoney_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_sunglasses_surprised_shocked_what:

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block