Why Britney Didn't Talk about Myah

If this is a duplicate thread, sorry but I don't believe I've seen one on this topic since the Book's release.

Also obviously this is just theories, not stating anything is fact.

So Britney didn't touch on the "theory" that Myah Marie did most the vocals on Britney Jean (I put Air quotes cuz...we pretty much know for sure she wasn't just a backing vocalist)

Here are some of my thoughts as to  possibly why:

1. Britney doesn't even know herself. Many artists don't listen to their own music and I'm certain she probably definitely wouldn't during the cship when she has like no control. So she might've not even listened to the album, and even with "Work B" might not have noticed.

2. She wanted to, but was legally not allowed to. We have heard rumors that several pages of her book had to be removed In fear she would be sued. Maybe her label or even Team Con or Myah would be upset? I'm not sure exactly though, this is probably the theory I think is least likely but who knows.

3. She knows...but honestly doesn't care. Which she said herself she had no passion for music during this time because of how awful her team was, so there was a possibility she purposefully half-asssed recording so much they just got Myah to do most the album and Britney was so worn-down and done she just let them and went full IDGAF mode. Which, I honestly think could be the case, it's so sad if it's true. That these monsters broke her spirit so much she lost passion for an art form she truly loved :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears:

Thankfully Glory gave her that spark back, even if it was brief!

What are your guys' thoughts? 

• Love 4

Honestly she probably felt the same way about the music as she did when she talks about not moving her hair while she performed. She probably would give it her best shot very rarely and other times just half *** it. So they had to bring Myah in to cover and complete the project. I think they branded jt as her most personal album as a way to humiliate her and create buzz for the album. But I’m willing to bet she doesn’t even know the full extent of how much they used Myah’s vocals…she was shut out of almost everything. I also think talking about it in the book would have been a big no no towards the label and the music industry. Notice how  she hasn’t really called out individuals in the music industry  or her label really at all. Speaking on that would be very bad for many reasons…both sinister and legal reasons. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

I was wondering the same. I thought that maybe Britney isn't even aware of that, if true. Or doesn't even listen to her songs from Britney Jean. The last alternative you wrote above seems more plausible for me.

In that interview with Ryan Sea rest and will she seemed so disconnected from the making of it all... Idk. It might be the case that she's not even aware of the other vocals and the team made the rest... just for the sake of the label's contract, you know.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Andreuph said:

Honestly she probably felt the same way about the music as she did when she talks about not moving her hair while she performed. She probably would give it her best shot very rarely and other times just half *** it. So they had to bring Myah in to cover and complete the project. I think they branded jt as her most personal album as a way to humiliate her and create buzz for the album. But I’m willing to bet she doesn’t even know the full extent of how much they used Myah’s vocals…she was shut out of almost everything. I also think talking about it in the book would have been a big no no towards the label and the music industry. Notice how  she hasn’t really called out individuals in the music industry  or her label really at all. Speaking on that would be very bad for many reasons…both sinister and legal reasons. 

True. I am sure there are many spooky and sinister things behind the music industry we don't know about :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: kinda glad Britney is distancing herself from that part of the industry

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Fita said:

I was wondering the same. I thought that maybe Britney isn't even aware of that, if true. Or doesn't even listen to her songs from Britney Jean. The last alternative you wrote above seems more plausible for me.

In that interview with Ryan Sea rest and will she seemed so disconnected from the making of it all... Idk. It might be the case that she's not even aware of the other vocals and the team made the rest... just for the sake of the label's contract, you know.

Yeah she was not into that interview. Btw Is that the same one she looks shocked to realize Ryan isn't gay? Omg that was so funny :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

1 minute ago, KylieLanguage said:

True. I am sure there are many spooky and sinister things behind the music industry we don't know about :donewithit_carpool_karaoke_britney_glory_hand_telling_talking_chatting_wave_waving: kinda glad Britney is distancing herself from that part of the industry

Wow so I wonder if we'll ever know those bad things she went through with music industry people with power...

• Like 1

There would be stupid headlines such as “britney admits she doesnt sing one of her greatest hits and this impersonator has been working with her since circus!”

confronting her label would also put her in hot water since she probably has some music to contractually put out and maybe they could enforce her or even count bj as a non album.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Arthurfleck said:

There would be stupid headlines such as “britney admits she doesnt sing one of her greatest hits and this impersonator has been working with her since circus!”

confronting her label would also put her in hot water since she probably has some music to contractually put out and maybe they could enforce her or even count bj as a non album.

Yeah I just don't think there's any reason she SHOULD bring it up. It's literally going to be nothing but negative headlines. Britney had no control at that point, they probably did a couple takes of each song in the studio and then had producers finish the song with what was provided. Britney didn't care at that point. 

Plus it's not unique to Britney. Lots of artists have heavy background vocals or demo vocals on the final track. Jennifer Lopez does it all the time, still, and she's not under a cship.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Whitney Houston said:

Because that's her book and she would say everything they made her, including an attempt to humiliate her on her own album :oprah_well_there_you_have_it_proof_see_hand:

We should spam her insta posts with Britney Jean album vocals question 

Why bother Myah? Britney dragged who she wanted to in her book. Why go after someone who's clearly not fame hungry and only took the opportunity to assist Britney on her vocals?

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block