What’s your thoughts on Britney calling The Onyx Hotel Tour a “mistake”

I completely understand and respect her stance on it. She felt overworked and pressured to up the ante at the time and had she not been pushed so hard to work and tour she might have had more time to heal as a person. I can see she has a pessimistic view of this tour, her points are all valid, but her talent and professionalism at the time were still a wonder to behold and she really made a lot of intricate, challenging dance routines look like a breeze for her, so she was very entertaining to watch. 

• Love 1

mmhh... I understand us fans wanting to discuss this statement from the book, as in share how we feel about it (it was shocking to me too), but do we really need to EXPLAIN IT? SHE ALREADY EXPLAINED IT in her book with her own words! Does she really need to write another book to explain her own book now? Children, please learn how to read... It was pretty clear.

Having said that, I think the title of this thread is not wordly correctly, because what she really meant is that DOING that tour, at that time, was wrong. She also happened to not particularly like it because the finished product did not help her overall mood at the time.

• Like 2

It's one of her best, but the scheduling was insane and the sound mixing was TERRIBLE.

I think she hates not so much the tour but rather being overworked and her mentality at the time.

In a way, it reminds me of loving your favorite food at a restaurant, say French fries, and the food got mishandled and caused you to get food poisoning. While you're sick, you hate not only the restaurant, but potatoes, too. After you've healed, you can't help but no longer like potatoes because it reminds you of how you felt.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, cubasterd said:

I just wanted Britney stop for a few years. It was exhausting being a fan having to dealing with all the crap that was happening. I could tell she wasn't fully into Onyx and was tired of performing.

Me too. I could tell she was not into that. She was so passionate in dwad…the perfect performer…there was a “idgaf” vibe present during the onyx tour. She only went there cuz Justin outed her for not bein a virgin. 

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Blackout Britney said:

It’s one of her best tours. Sorry girl but too s*xual and saying the Gimmie more video was cheap? Then why do you pose completely naked in cheap looking shots on Instagram which is way worse… make it make sense.  If you gonna regret a show then say femme fatale as I didn’t even buy tickets for it as I didn’t want to see an overly medicated, robot cash cow on stage. 

It’s not that difficult to make sense of it. Being ***ual is not fun when forced. Being ***ual is liberating when you are in control and it’s your thought process. It’s all depends on weather it’s YOUR choice or not.This is exactly why artists require freedom, so that they can channel their ***ual/creative energy and express themselves in art. 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, ElenaB said:

it breaks my heart because it was my second fav tour and to know she was suffering while doing it is sad :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: i think it was a very interesting tour, it went along really well with the itz era and her vibe at the time.

Same here I thought this was like her baby on a lower budget than her last tours. Unfortunately stupid Kfed came in and Britney cancelled the tour to which I had tickets for the first time.

it All worked out bc I was there front row for her comeback first show in Nola.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2023 at 3:47 PM, Fab britney said:

I personally found her promo performances from in the zone a better representation of her persona. She was mature, ***ier than she was in the past but it was done tastefully and not too over the top. Onyx has amazing moments, the choreo is top notch. While I found the performances iconic, I wouldn’t have had my background dancers mas******g during tomh and I would’ve done breath on me the way the promo performances were done. Outrageous was a tad much too. The rest I think is fine.

I agree completely, I’m not saying that Britney is meant to be this pure role model etc but dwad could appeal to anyone whereas I felt that onyx hotel was appealing to a more adult demographic which is fine but tomh and bom were ***ual without being creative like mast*rbating or having a bed on stage to represent ***, the abc special was so well done and the performances were better than the tour. It’s still an amazing tour but not her best 

• Love 2

To be honest she should’ve taken a break and not a couple of months but like a year or two and then did in the zone, she would’ve been in a better headspace and less burnt out. She became way too over exposed and people will start to get bored of you and dislike you a lot if you are exposed. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block