What’s your thoughts on Britney calling The Onyx Hotel Tour a “mistake”

6 hours ago, ElenaB said:

it breaks my heart because it was my second fav tour and to know she was suffering while doing it is sad :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: i think it was a very interesting tour, it went along really well with the itz era and her vibe at the time.

Yet she slayed every show

• Love 3

I completely understand why she feels that way.  Before she expressed her opinion on that tour she mentions how much she went through with the abor**on, breakup, there was no real break.. and then suddenly having to go on a tour again. I'm sure there were some aspects she loved (she mentioned her dancers, friends having a good time) but it was really ***ual. She literally made out with people on stage, air-s** - which is NOT the same to her posting and being confident with her body on instagram. I think it just depends on her mood/vibe at the time, like most of us tbh.  Sometimes i'm a mormon and don't wanna be sucking no **** and ****.. but other days or weeks well maybe. tea 

• Love 2

Honestly, I think the whole era aside from Toxic, is mostly forgettable…

For how huge she was, I feel like the songs could have been better and the concert could have been bigger. It did push things a little far in my opinion. I mean, I think she was just so universal that they needed to produce music and a tour that had a global huge pop star feel. Not saying she couldn’t express herself, but it wasn’t the tour I would have made for the biggest pop star on the planet.

Creatively, was definitely steps backward from Dream Within a Dream for sure.

Edited by jamesedward94
  • Love 3

It was a dark and stressful time for her, so I understand why she feels the way she does.

Also, I think she views her Instagram as her showing off her body to celebrate her freedom/femininity.

Don't get me wrong, I do think the pics she posts could be done more tactfully for a star of her caliber... but naked pictures are not always inherently ***ual. We must remember that.

Simulating mas*******n and kissing your background dancer in lingerie though? Yeah, that is explicitly ***ual. 

• Like 2

I disagree. It was one of my favourite tours. The dance moves were amazing and immaculate. I fresh change from DWAD, something I didn’t think she could top and she did!

Circus was sooooo boring. Couldn’t see the stage half way in cause of all the walking. FF and Work ***** your were amazing too! FF I think could have better imo but still flawless. The residency was a blast!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods

To be frankly honest I am not surprised or offended at her saying that.

You know why?

Here's my unpopular opinion:

I don't like the ITZ era.

During that time, I think she was being too in your face with her sxuality and doing it more as a shock value and proving she wasn't a "little girl anymore" instead of actually just being natural with it.

Alot of the photoshoots at the time were too much for me and its NOT cause I cant handle a woman being sxual,

like I said in a previous thread, I prefer sxuality when it isn't for shock value and rebellion.

That's why I don't mind other album eras where she is sxual cause they didn't seem like it was her trying to prove a point,

it was her just embodying and enjoying being in her skin.

However I DO like the songs from the ITZ album especially Toxic and Everytime.

But honestly I just prefer her first 3 eras.

Those are my faves from Britney.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, ObsessedBritFan1 said:

I disagree. It was one of my favourite tours. The dance moves were amazing and immaculate. I fresh change from DWAD, something I didn’t think she could top and she did!

Circus was sooooo boring. Couldn’t see the stage half way in cause of all the walking. FF and Work ***** your were amazing too! FF I think could have better imo but still flawless. The residency was a blast!

Lol she did not too dwad with onyx 

Britney said what a lot of fans were saying about The Onyx Hotel tour during that time.  Many fans were glad that something, anything, happened to  prevent the Outrageous video from being released. 

I love ITZ but I've always said that Britney should have taken a break after she became way too over exposed during the Britney Era. The success of Toxic is one of the few reasons I'm glad the ITZ existed.

Edited by cubasterd
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Donavan Ward said:

I always felt the way she did as a fan…she had already transitioned from young girl to young woman with the Britney era…she didn’t have to go full fledge slu.t  at that time. It was off putting at first and I remember wanting the next era to be more like the Britney era in terms of Britney herself.  

I just wanted Britney stop for a few years. It was exhausting being a fan having to dealing with all the crap that was happening. I could tell she wasn't fully into Onyx and was tired of performing.

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block