What’s your thoughts on Britney calling The Onyx Hotel Tour a “mistake”

9 minutes ago, Broccoli Spears said:

My issue was that she’s now critical of the show for being too ***ual. Britney, girl, have you seen your instagram?  :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

Exactly! But what I think she meant was... She was pressured to be ***ual but she could have said no. She wasn't under any conservatorship during that time. Maybe she was a people pleaser and couldn't say no. And eventually it caught up with her in the worst possible way

• Like 4

I loved that tour and it’s the only one I’ve seen live. I thought it was mature, dark, sensual and pushed boundaries. 

I guess Britney is the one who lived and experienced it though, so if she says it was bad for her and she hated it, then it is what it is!! 

I think maybe any tour would have made her feel this way though at that time - she was clearly absolutely DONE with fame, tour life, hair & makeup, the grind basically. She probably felt like a performing monkey every single day and just wanted it to disappear, at least for a while.

Enter Kevin, who made it all go away. Rewatching Chaotic, he honestly gives me such bad vibes. He is vile imo, he clearly wasn’t that into Britney and just saw dollar signs. She really was that desperate to do the exact opposite of what was expected of her, that somehow Kevin Federline seemed appealing as a prospective husband and father. 

• Love 4
  • Like 5

I think, from an artist point of view, it's very different how you feel about the project in the beginning when it's just conceieved and then later when it's been done a million times. If you remember MTV's footage on the tour, Britney was very involved with the show direction. 

If she had a break before that and had she met a normal man and a father of her children and not Kevin, she would probably think of the tour in different terms.

Edited by mstark
  • Like 6

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block