"The Woman in Me" has reportedly sold 400,000 copies thus far, Britney gets 25% of net profits

Before we freak out take into account this:

Only publishers have access to the complete sales data for their books, including the number of print, audio and e-book copies sold

In Britain, “Spare” set a record for first-day sales of a nonfiction book, selling 400,000 copies, including pre-orders, according to the publisher, Transworld Penguin Random House. 

Spare” sold more than 1.43 million copies in all formats in the United States, Canada and Britain, including pre-orders, according to its publisher.

If Britney has being able to sell more than 400k only in the US, that is actually a good number

• Love 7
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Wait; what happened to 15 million?! 

and now people are saying 400k is incredible?! 

400k in one day is great, compare Mariah Carey who sold 61k in one week with her memoir. The only reason it sounds bad is because we were expecting millions after Britney said it’s the highest selling memoir for a celebrity. 

• Love 1

How much do celebrity memoirs usually sell on the first day? Any actual numbers? 

I don’t think ANYONE can outsell everyone else’s TOTAL numbers in one day, so I’m pretty sure Britney was trolling in her own way. :awks_britney_side_eye_awkward_2011_ff_femme_Fatale: Are we new to this? It’s not a big deal. What’s important is that she’s gonna be a best seller after doing zero promo.

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, GmailMyHeart said:

Wait; what happened to 15 million?! 

and now people are saying 400k is incredible?! 

Did anyone really think ANY pop star could outsell the totals of Michelle Obama and Prince Harry in ONE DAY? Even with insane promo that’s literally impossible.

I mean, if it’s true somehow then it’s insane, but since when do we take Britney’s IG at face value? She likes to troll. I don’t think she was being serious. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Did anyone really think ANY pop star could outsell the totals of Michelle Obama and Prince Harry in ONE DAY? Even with insane promo that’s literally impossible.

I mean, if it’s true somehow then it’s insane, but since when do we take Britney’s IG at face value? She likes to troll. I don’t think she was being serious. 

But the thing is that was probably a post the publishers asked her to write a caption for and posted on behalf of her by a marketing team. It was re posted on all her socials meaning it’s something they want out there 

Edited by Fab britney
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Fab britney said:

But the thing is that was probably a post the publishers asked her to write a caption for and posted on behalf of her by a marketing team. It read posted on all her socials meaning it’s something they want out there 

Then maybe it’s her just trolling the publishers and/or Cade BECAUSE they asked her to post something about the book. We know Cade has been allegedly trying to convince her to work when she doesn’t really want to. 

She wouldn’t “lie” about something so silly that would immediately be exposed, so it’s either TMZ is lying or she’s just trolling as usual. She has her own sense of humor. :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Edited by whenthedogscaneout
6 hours ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

I don’t know about you but in my country neither Michelle Obama nor prince Harry are of our interest so.. yes. Britney would sell better here. She’s is a global icon. 

Edited by garyBS
  • Love 4
Just now, garyBS said:

I don’t know you but in my country neither Michelle Obama nor prince Harry are of our interest so.. yes. Britney would sell better here. She’s is a global icon. 

Oh, I’m definitely not saying she’d sell less than those two overall. But outselling everyone else’s totals in one day? That would be great, but I don’t think any pop star could pull that off, even with tons of promo and hype. 

Nothing wrong with a well received, best selling #1 book. Let’s not start acting like it’s a flop if tmz’s report is true. The numbers are still good.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

Oh, I’m definitely not saying she’d sell less than those two overall. But outselling everyone else’s totals in one day? That would be great, but I don’t think any pop star could pull that off, even with tons of promo and hype. 

Nothing wrong with a well received, best selling #1 book. Let’s not start acting like it’s a flop if tmz’s report is true. The numbers are still good.

Lets compare sales :

Spare, Harry´s book, first day sales in the UK selling 400,000 copies, including pre-orders, and  sold more than 1.43 million copies in all formats in the United States, Canada and Britain.

I think TMZ numbers are only the US, and we don´t know either if that figure contains all formats. So Britney could end having a greater number.

Another memoir´s first sales :

Barack Obama’s “A Promised Land” sold more than 887,000 copies across formats in the United States and Canada on its first day 

Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” also published by Penguin Random House, sold more than 725,000 units in the U.S. and Canada on its first day

• Love 4
  • Like 1
50 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

It makes you question, is what she says in the book serious ? Or real? Or is she trolling there too?

4 hours ago, FuriousoOIDA1 said:

If this is accurate , that 400k+ includes first day AND pre-sales. The majority of books make the bulk of their first week sales from pre-sales. I’m just happy she is getting a portion of the profits, that’s really amazing! 

I do think more and more people are buying the book. I've recieved so many questions from casual listeners asking about buying it!

I feel like Britney’s post has SOME truth to it, but I’m not sure the metric they’re using - whether it’s first day sales (excluding royals and politicians) or what - but her insta posted was written the same way as all the promotional posts. I think it was a message endorsed by S&S and Gallery.

3 minutes ago, stronger1992 said:

It’s been out for what, like a day?! 😂 Don’t look at numbers now, they are obviously growing and changing pretty rapidly. Wait till it’s been a week or so. But 400,000 is impressive. Y’all acting like it’s a flop and it’s been one day. Haters all of you 😂

My only concern is why the publisher has not released yet a number, with Harry it was the next day. My only guess is that they want to count every book xd.  I mean they sold the rights to 15 countries.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block