"The Woman in Me" has reportedly sold 400,000 copies thus far, Britney gets 25% of net profits

15 minutes ago, Estrella said:

Lets compare sales :

Spare, Harry´s book, first day sales in the UK selling 400,000 copies, including pre-orders, and  sold more than 1.43 million copies in all formats in the United States, Canada and Britain.

I think TMZ numbers are only the US, and we don´t know either if that figure contains all formats. So Britney could end having a greater number.

Another memoir´s first sales :

Barack Obama’s “A Promised Land” sold more than 887,000 copies across formats in the United States and Canada on its first day 

Michelle Obama’s memoir, “Becoming,” also published by Penguin Random House, sold more than 725,000 units in the U.S. and Canada on its first day

Thanks for the info! Tmz’s numbers still sound impressive enough, then. There’s been literally no promo and she’s getting a best seller. 

14 minutes ago, AII said:

It makes you question, is what she says in the book serious ? Or real? Or is she trolling there too?

There’s a big difference between writing a serious book and being sarcastic on instagram. I don’t always get her jokes or the kick she gets out of trolling, but it’s pretty easy to detect. 

I could totally see her post as a sarcastic response to Cade or the publishers asking her to write about the book when she doesn’t want to do any promo. Or maybe it’s not. Maybe she has another reason. Maybe her numbers ARE true. To me it seems that she’s trolling on purpose. Either way,  she’s getting a best seller. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

• Love 2
Just now, alleyesonme393 said:

Why is this hard to believe? Michelle Obama and Prince Harry are not celebrities (as much as they like to think they are) they’re technically public servants. I 10000% believe Britney had the biggest first day sales for a celebrity memoir in history. Go Queen:clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:

That makes a lot of sense. Maybe she meant it’s the best first day sales ever for a memoir and it’s all a misunderstanding. It’s either that or she’s trolling, but your idea actually makes a lot more sense. 

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, whenthedogscaneout said:

There’s a big difference between writing a serious book and being sarcastic on instagram. I don’t always get her jokes or the kick she gets out of trolling, but it’s pretty easy to detect. 

I could totally see her post as a sarcastic response to Cade or the publishers asking her to write about the book when she doesn’t want to do any promo. Or maybe it’s not. Maybe she has another reason. Maybe her numbers ARE true. To me it seems that she’s trolling on purpose. Either way,  she’s getting a best seller. :tired_so_there_head_tilt_annoyed_see_rose_mcgowan:

❤️

In my country, Spain, the book has not yet been published. Here the book's release is on the 26th so I suppose that in other countries it will also come out a day or two later than the English version. It wouldn't be fair to count launch sales yet if it hasn't been launched in all markets/countries yet, right?

But half a million copies is a good number. As I understand it, above Britney there would only be Obama, his wife and Prince Harry's book, right? So Britney's posts wouldn't be a lie, she is the best-selling biography of an artist/singer/celebrity. In my country, at least when we say celebrity, we normally refer to actors, singers, models... Royalty and politicians do not usually fall into that category.

Edit: The notification just arrived on my phone that the book will arrive tomorrow :OMGney_britney_surprised_no_way_shocked_wide_eyes:

Edited by ManuelJGS
  • Love 2
  • Leader
58 minutes ago, Ofcoursenot said:

Not you people believing a 9 million to 15 million RUMOR and now blaming BRITNEY that maybe she's lying:overit_leave_walk_away_catfish_get_up_bye_goodbye_out_done:

I posted about this on IG, and some people are coming for my neck because of that 9 million figure floating around. No one can provide me a concrete source though other than Heather McDonald said so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Love 2
  • Leader

I wrote this in my my IG post, but I'll say it here as well...

At the end of the day, this book is more than sales. It's about speaking her truth and feeling empowered. Sales do not necessarily = success in my opinion. Using her voice, after she was silenced for years, to share her life's story with the world... *that's* success. 

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

No one can provide me a concrete source though other than Heather McDonald

Exactly!!! They CHOOSE to believe this woman, and not Britney, saying that she's lying! 

You all not better than her family, don't feel so good about yourself :lessons_preaching_telling_hand_smack:(I'm not saying this to you Jordan)

Use your common sense, 9 to 15 million copies sold? Ill will eat my words IF there's a reliable source and not some random woman in a podcast

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block