"The Woman in Me" has reportedly sold 400,000 copies thus far, Britney gets 25% of net profits

8 hours ago, mmmpapiloveyou said:

Sources with direct knowledge tell TMZ, the 25% Britney is getting should cover the advance she got -- $12.5 million. There have been reports she received a $15 million advance, but we know it's $12.5 mil.

More than 400,000 copies have been sold, and the trajectory could take the book north of a million.

So if the average book is $25 and Britney sold 400,000 in the first day that equals $10 million. 25% of that is $2.5 million.
So Britney still has $15 million in her pocket the day after her book came out. Thanks for the self own, TMZ :britney-f-tmz:

• Like 4
7 hours ago, TomasBR said:

All  just weird at this point!

Britney says on social mídia she has the highest selling book from a celebrity but there’s no news of that anywhere. I saw articles saying “Britney says she has the highest…” which is odd, at least. And now, this!

I just hope is not false information, it would look really bad for her and the future sells!

maybe that what her team told her and she is just repeating it.. who knows wtf cade says and does :mattafact_alligator_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_green:

9 hours ago, Estrella said:

Before we freak out take into account this:

Only publishers have access to the complete sales data for their books, including the number of print, audio and e-book copies sold

In Britain, “Spare” set a record for first-day sales of a nonfiction book, selling 400,000 copies, including pre-orders, according to the publisher, Transworld Penguin Random House. 

Spare” sold more than 1.43 million copies in all formats in the United States, Canada and Britain, including pre-orders, according to its publisher.

If Britney has being able to sell more than 400k only in the US, that is actually a good number

That's how I read it as in US sales not worldwide but still no where near the 15 million is that even possible?

12 hours ago, mmmpapiloveyou said:

Why has my post been completely modified?

You’ve changed the title of MY post, the thumbnail I’VE chosen to use, added quotes & removed links to the original article.

******* weird.

I get it. No offense to the mods and Jordan, but I don't like the "upper hand" manipulation of threads thing. Since the OP remains it's essentially like writing under someone else's name without consent or notice. Not a cute vibe... :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Barmy86 said:

That's how I read it as in US sales not worldwide but still no where near the 15 million is that even possible?

In the US, I will say at most 1 million probably a little bit more,  the publisher has sell the rights to 15 countries, my guess if we take into account those 15 countries hopefully she could get more than 3 millions

17 hours ago, blackingouthenegativity said:

So if the average book is $25 and Britney sold 400,000 in the first day that equals $10 million. 25% of that is $2.5 million.
So Britney still has $15 million in her pocket the day after her book came out. Thanks for the self own, TMZ :britney-f-tmz:

That’s not how it works. The $15,000,000 was an “advance” meaning she has to repay that before she gets any additional profit. Anything over her advance, then becomes additional earnings.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mmmpapiloveyou said:

That’s not how it works. The $15,000,000 was an “advance” meaning she has to repay that before she gets any additional profit. Anything over her advance, then becomes additional earnings.

Yes that's how usually book deals work: people get advance payment from royalties. However we don't know details about her book deal. Some big authors get an advance payment + all the royalties from the beginning.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block