TB: Justin Timberlake once insulted Britney Spears over “Crossroads.” Here are his real and unfiltered thoughts on the movie.

9 hours ago, nowimstronger said:

His movie Reptile was number one on Netflix for like 3 weeks in a row and his next big movie Trolls 3 is coming out next month lol. 

He has been in many movies, some of which had been temporaeily popular (such as The Network) and yet, he has an utterly failed career. I do not see him being called by anyone relevant, nor being the main character of anything slightly transcendent or improving his vacant skills. He has tried very, very hard for more than a decade and all we got is Trolls and Reptile. 'Nough said! Haha. Timberlake Cruise Pitt he is not

9 hours ago, hernameis said:

Did he lie though?

I’m getting tired at people bashing JT or whoever TF is the next person someone will to start the ****storm against. 

JT did bad things, had poor judgment, could have done or handled some things differently, but it doesn’t necessarily mean ANYTHING he said was wrong. 

People are not only black nor only white. I’m sure all of us here have flaws as well as Britney.

To be honest, I remember a video of her where she says to a paparazzo things like :“have you tried weight watchers you fat ****?” or “gay videos are in, you know?” Do I find it hilarious? YES! Do I still think it’s disrespectful? YES! I’m not gonna hate her because of that neither should JT get hated or anyone who’s made mistakes and APOLOGIZED. 

waiting for the riot 

I am not a Spears apologist. Lots of what she does or has done has irritated me at some point, but it is important to look into his behavior, because he is the perfect example of seccism. He cheated, he did not support her through a teen pregnancy (which yeah, he was a teen too, I get it) but the problems here are not his youthful mistakes. We could all argue we have been young, selfish and stupid. The issue is that he built a career, literally, with the role of the victim as his presentation card. Britney Spears's victim to be clear and not only did he create an entire career on that, he constantly and publicly mocked her, even years later, speaking about their private life. For what? To get those spins, y'all. Problematic morons should be exposed, so we learn to identify other problematic morons. Had he been more respectful and private, less exploitative, I would be the first to say "guys, we make mistakes". But he purposefully threw hint after hint of how much he suffered, when he was a cheater aihole. Even in that video "What Goes Around" he follows his own thread. So what is problematic is not so much what he did, but how he used it. And his actions with Janet do not paint him in any better light, honestly. Stay home being a suburban dad, JT. 

Now, I do not think Britney is a great actress and certainly Crossroads is not Citizen Kane, but for him to say it was bad was and remains an aihole move.

Edited by Bigno
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, Cancer said:

It was mediocre but it fit its niche market pretty well and was pretty iconic promo for that era when radio were boycotting her. Even my sister who hated Britney Spears went to see that movie. Don't deny the cultural pull.

No one is denying the cultural pull of Britney Spears, even JT himself can’t/didn’t deny it. Crossroad which I just watched a few months ago, was almost the same scale as the movie Jessie McCartney acted in,  Keith. It was a teen emotional movie, I like Britney and Jessie movie and both of them gave their best in a movie which its plot could have been better. So what made “Crossroad” great in my opinion was Britney as a new actress at that time who showed intense emotions and proved the GP that she is not just a “blondie”. But the director, Tamra could have gave more story to it which could have allowed Britney’s to even display more of her method emotion acting. 

Edited by AZBH27

Pretty in Pink is a love triangle movie, right?  He probably said that because he was still jealous of Wade and Britney, meaning she should do a movie about a story similar to her personal life.
Because the 2006 movie he was in was "Black Snake Moan," about a blonde girl who becomes a s** addict due to her father's ***ual abuse and has s** with anyone and everyone, even her boyfriend's (JT) friend, and he (JT) gets very hurt, but at the end she apologizes to him and they get back together and get married.
I was really surprised when I saw this movie.

As I recall, the movie opens with a s** scene between a blonde girl and JT, and there's a meaningful close-up of the large cross tattoo on JT's arm that is rumored to be dedicated by JT to Britney.The blonde girl even has a tattoo on her back around her waist:orangu_orangutan_ape:

film_blacksnakemoan.jpg

951100346_2ab5363681_b.jpg

Edited by turquoise
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, Bigno said:

I am not a Spears apologist. Lots of what she does or has done has irritated me at some point, but it is important to look into his behavior, because he is the perfect example of seccism. He cheated, he did not support her through a teen pregnancy (which yeah, he was a teen too, I get it) but the problems here are not his youthful mistakes. We could all argue we have been young, selfish and stupid. The issue is that he built a career, literally, with the role of the victim as his presentation card. Britney Spears's victim to be clear and not only did he create an entire career on that, he constantly and publicly mocked her, even years later, speaking about their private life. For what? To get those spins, y'all. Problematic morons should be exposed, so we learn to identify other problematic morons. Had he been more respectful and private, less exploitative, I would be the first to say "guys, we make mistakes". But he purposefully threw hint after hint of how much he suffered, when he was a cheater aihole. Even in that video "What Goes Around" he follows his own thread. So what is problematic is not so much what he did, but how he used it. And his actions with Janet do not paint him in any better light, honestly. Stay home being a suburban dad, JT. 

Now, I do not think Britney is a great actress and certainly Crossroads is not Citizen Kane, but for him to say it was bad was and remains an aihole move.

THIS!

Edited by Hamelia
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, turquoise said:

Pretty in Pink is a love triangle movie, right?  He probably said that because he was still jealous of Wade and Britney, meaning she should do a movie about a story similar to her personal life.
Because the 2006 movie he was in was "Black Snake Moan," about a blonde girl who becomes a s** addict due to her father's ***ual abuse and has s** with anyone and everyone, even her boyfriend's (JT) friend, and he (JT) gets very hurt, but at the end she apologizes to him and they get back together and get married.
I was really surprised when I saw this movie.

As I recall, the movie opens with a s** scene between a blonde girl and JT, and there's a meaningful close-up of the large cross tattoo on JT's arm that is rumored to be dedicated by JT to Britney.The blonde girl even has a tattoo on her back around her waist:orangu_orangutan_ape:

film_blacksnakemoan.jpg

951100346_2ab5363681_b.jpg

Blonde girl? The Christina Ricci disrespect is too much. 
Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

2 hours ago, Brother Shawn said:

Blonde girl? The Christina Ricci disrespect is too much. 
Unimpressed Viola Davis GIF

Sorry, English is not my first language and I didn't intend any disrespect to Christina Ricci.

I just wanted to say that this movie was secretly trying to make her look like Britney, just like JT did in "Cry Me A River". 
"Cry Me A River" features a woman who looks like Britney, and JT agreed with the creators' idea of putting a fairy doll that looks like Britney's back tattoo to remind the viewers of Britney.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, turquoise said:

Sorry, English is not my first language and I didn't intend any disrespect to Christina Ricci.

I just wanted to say that this movie was secretly trying to make her look like Britney, just like JT did in "Cry Me A River". 
"Cry Me A River" features a woman who looks like Britney, and JT agreed with the creators' idea of putting a fairy doll that looks like Britney's back tattoo to remind the viewers of Britney.

I’m only joking. Sorry! I like Christina ricci a lot and only cracked a joke. 🤍

• Love 1
  • Super Mods

I think she did a great job for what the movie was.

Yeah it is a bit corny but if you watch with no high expectations and just enjoy it for the chick flick it is, you will enjoy it.

I personally love these types of movies, so of course I love it.

I just think people hate on it more because its Britney who stars in it,

if it were any other actress, no one would care.

And idk if this is an unpopular opinion but Britney was a better actress in Crossroads than most singers turned actresses.

Not saying its Oscar worthy acting but she's miles ahead of most of them.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block