10 years ago Miley Cyrus released Bangerz

Cqleb

I think this era overpowered its own album. The music didn’t live up to its multiple iconic moments. Don’t get me wrong, ‘We Can’t Stop’ is a smash and ‘Wrecking Ball’ is an undeniable song… but the album overall is just chaotic and not in a very good way. I don’t know why ‘SMS’ gets so much praise here… who thought that this was THE song to include BRITNEY SPEARS!? For the love of God! 
Anyway, Miley is now a full-fledged artist and if she decides to go after that sound again, she will execute it correctly this time around. 

• Like 3
  • Super Mods

Tbh I didn't really like her during this era, I thought she was trying too hard to be bad azz and sxy but it was just the opposite.

I also think Wrecking Ball was ruined by the video, its such a beautiful song about heartbreak yet Miley used the video as an opportunity to act hypersxual and its such a turn off.

I also don't get why the rest of the singles were ballads when the most radio friendly songs were the uptempo party songs.

Imagine if she released SMS (Bangerz) with Britney and made a video for it,

it would've been iconic and similar to MATM in which Miley is collaborating with her idol like Britney did with Madonna.

I just think if Miley wasn't so vulgar in this era, it would've been taken more seriously and respected but I do think the album is great. 

Its definitely one of her best post Disney. :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

• Like 1

I was just listening to Bangerz the other day and it still sounds great. I think it's easily the best Miley album.

It's her Blackout :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: Really hard to pick favourites as there are so many

Adore You, SMS, 4x4, Wrecking Ball, Drive, FU, Someone Else, Rooting For My Baby, On my Own = All great tracks

Edited by TTrouble
  • Love 2
  • Super Mods

It's the only Miley era I never got to like. I ADORE all of her other albums, from the beginning of her career to Endless Summer Vacation, but Bangerz is somehow just not it for me.

I am grateful for it though, I think this era was necessary for her to grow up and turn into this wonderful mature musician we have today :)

• Like 1

I can give and take Miley, I have listened to some of her albums (including Endless Summer Vacation) but I really wasn't a fan of her during this era, I just feel like she was trying too hard to prove a point. I haven't listened to this album and I have no intention to. I do agree that the era overshadowed the album as a whole but I wasn't really a fan of We Can't Stop/Wrecking Ball anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
On 9/30/2023 at 12:02 PM, Isla said:

I can give and take Miley, I have listened to some of her albums (including Endless Summer Vacation) but I really wasn't a fan of her during this era, I just feel like she was trying too hard to prove a point. I haven't listened to this album and I have no intention to. I do agree that the era overshadowed the album as a whole but I wasn't really a fan of We Can't Stop/Wrecking Ball anyway. 

Same.

I do like some of the songs including Wrecking Ball but her behavior was such a turn off to me, that I never listened to the entire album.

If she was trying to be sxy, it wasn't working, it was in fact the opposite.

I think expressing sxuality should be done with class and not in a vulgar way.

Selena and Demi didn't get backlash when they sxed up their image cause it wasn't vulgar nor try hard.

It felt natural.

While Miley was just too in your face and disgusting in my opinion.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Same.

I do like some of the songs including Wrecking Ball but her behavior was such a turn off to me, that I never listened to the entire album.

If she was trying to be sxy, it wasn't working, it was in fact the opposite.

I think expressing sxuality should be done with class and not in a vulgar way.

Selena and Demi didn't get backlash when they sxed up their image cause it wasn't vulgar nor try hard.

It felt natural.

While Miley was just too in your face and disgusting in my opinion.

Yes exactly - Selena and Demi weren't try hard about it at all. With Miley it was very in your face and offputting. 

• Love 1
  • Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yes exactly - Selena and Demi weren't try hard about it at all. With Miley it was very in your face and offputting. 

Yeah exactly.

Selena's Revival era was VERY sxy and hot yet classy while Demi's Confident era was as well.

Miley was just taking off her clothes every chance she got and sticking her tongue out and that's not sxy at all.

In my opinion:

Her Can't Be Tamed era did a better job at portraying sxiness naturally without being try hard.

She also looked more beautiful with her long brown hair than that god awful Ellen look alike haircut.

Idk why she thought that looked good.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Yeah exactly.

Selena's Revival era was VERY sxy and hot yet classy while Demi's Confident era was as well.

Miley was just taking off her clothes every chance she got and sticking her tongue out and that's not sxy at all.

In my opinion:

Her Can't Be Tamed era did a better job at portraying sxiness naturally without being try hard.

She also looked more beautiful with her long brown hair than that god awful Ellen look alike haircut.

Idk why she thought that looked good.

Yeah I was never a fan of the short blonde hair, loved her Can't Be Tamed era hair, but I wasn't really a big fan of her during this era either...

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
2 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I was never a fan of the short blonde hair, loved her Can't Be Tamed era hair, but I wasn't really a big fan of her during this era either...

Same.

Blonde is not her color, she's beautiful as a brunette.

I do like the Can't Be Tamed album, its my fave album from her that is not like her Disney persona.

Just out of curiosity how come you didn't like her Can't Be Tamed era?

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Same.

Blonde is not her color, she's beautiful as a brunette.

I do like the Can't Be Tamed album, its my fave album from her that is not like her Disney persona.

Just out of curiosity how come you didn't like her Can't Be Tamed era?

Same I prefer her as a brunette. Blonde remind me too much of Hannah Montana.

And personally, I also thought she was trying to push the £exy look a bit too early during the Can't Be Tamed era, she was still a Disney star at the time... maybe if she waited a year it wouldn't have been so bad. 

• Super Mods
9 minutes ago, Isla said:

Same I prefer her as a brunette. Blonde remind me too much of Hannah Montana.

And personally, I also thought she was trying to push the £exy look a bit too early during the Can't Be Tamed era, she was still a Disney star at the time... maybe if she waited a year it wouldn't have been so bad. 

Me too. She also looks good with black hair.

I remember in 2008 she had black hair and it looked nice.

I agree.

I think that's why the album flopped so hard cause she still was on Hannah Montana at the time yet was pushing for a sxier image but at least we didn't see her n.aked and twerking like we did during the Bangerz era.

I just think it was bad timing and it probably would've been a bigger hit if released a year or two after Hannah ended.

I love almost all the songs on the album.

Its probably one of her most cohesive albums in her catalog.

Idk if its just nostalgia talking but I prefer her earlier albums up until Bangerz.

Based on some of the songs I've heard from Bangerz, 

I think that it was a good album but it just was overshadowed by her raunchy behavior.

I would've liked it more if she wasn't so vulgar about it.

Not even Britney at her most sxual was that explicit.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, princessmimi said:

Me too. She also looks good with black hair.

I remember in 2008 she had black hair and it looked nice.

I agree.

I think that's why the album flopped so hard cause she still was on Hannah Montana at the time yet was pushing for a sxier image but at least we didn't see her n.aked and twerking like we did during the Bangerz era.

I just think it was bad timing and it probably would've been a bigger hit if released a year or two after Hannah ended.

I love almost all the songs on the album.

Its probably one of her most cohesive albums in her catalog.

Idk if its just nostalgia talking but I prefer her earlier albums up until Bangerz.

Based on some of the songs I've heard from Bangerz, 

I think that it was a good album but it just was overshadowed by her raunchy behavior.

I would've liked it more if she wasn't so vulgar about it.

Not even Britney at her most sxual was that explicit.

Yeah I agree, I do like Who Owns My Heart, maybe I should give Can't Be Tamed a chance... and yeah I 100% agree with Bangerz, Britney was never that over the top with her £exuality even if she was criticised for it. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Isla said:

Yeah I agree, I do like Who Owns My Heart, maybe I should give Can't Be Tamed a chance... and yeah I 100% agree with Bangerz, Britney was never that over the top with her £exuality even if she was criticised for it. 

Yeah its a really great album.

Some of my faves are: Permanent December, Every Rose Has Its Thorn, Liberty Walk, Scar, Robot and the singles.

They are wonderful songs.

Yeah least Britney was actually sxy when she acted sxual,

Miley's definition of sxy at the time was twerking, licking hammers and being disgusting.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block