Once Upon A One More Time on Broadway is closing (update with two videos)

If Britney were to have actively promoted it (media appearances and attending the premiere) it would have lasted longer. A musical attached to a star's catalogue needs the star's power to perform.

I saw the show, I thought the storyline was smart and cute, the demographic is definitely young children + adult britney fans LOL, but the general public wouldn't really get anything from it, esp non-Britney fans. So it has a limited life span. I thought the choreography was appalling and I was EXTREMELY disappointed in it, they had the chance to revive Britney's prime dancing in tribute and they failed miserably ... It was like her current instagram dancing. 

I do see it possible being very successful as a tour, where they only need to do 2-3 shows in each city -- it can have a very long life with that, and perhaps in the UK where the theaters are smaller and there's less competition. &JUlIET was a huge success and probably pulled a lot of potential audience members. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Dark Willow said:

Obviously people who work there will say Britney was very involved.

The woman didn't even bother to watch this thing ready. Didn't even mention more than one time.

She also barely talked about or mentioned HMC or MYB. In case you aren’t aware, Britney could give less two ****s about her career atm. She just wants to travel and dance in the comfort of her home. Why throw a bunch of talented stage performers who put their blood, sweat and tears into something under the bus because Britney didn’t “watch” it? Some of you really need to find hobbies instead of constantly hating and nitpicking.

Edited by ThatsHowIRoll
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, thisforumwhacknow said:

If Britney were to have actively promoted it (media appearances and attending the premiere) it would have lasted longer. A musical attached to a star's catalogue needs the star's power to perform.

I saw the show, I thought the storyline was smart and cute, the demographic is definitely young children + adult britney fans LOL, but the general public wouldn't really get anything from it, esp non-Britney fans. So it has a limited life span. I thought the choreography was appalling and I was EXTREMELY disappointed in it, they had the chance to revive Britney's prime dancing in tribute and they failed miserably ... It was like her current instagram dancing. 

I do see it possible being very successful as a tour, where they only need to do 2-3 shows in each city -- it can have a very long life with that, and perhaps in the UK where the theaters are smaller and there's less competition. &JUlIET was a huge success and probably pulled a lot of potential audience members. 

They could also film it or do a live streaming event on Netflix or Hulu or something. There was another Broadway  musical about Princess Diana that was available to stream. Last year. Could happen. A way to cross promote the book maybe? 

• Love 2
On 8/22/2023 at 5:30 PM, hallucinate said:

This was one of the last Team Con cash grabs so I’m glad it’s closing. It was obvious from how painfully corny it was that Britney had zero creative input. Good riddance tbh.

Britney wrote 'Dear Diary'. Which I love, by the way. But just saying.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jordan Miller said:

New video for the Britney room 🤩

No matter how twunk you look, you still are just a twink at heart ❤

Not a twink, not yet a Twunk :wink_britney_everytime_white:

That room is so cool and i hope i could watch that show but I'm in flop subcontinent of latin america 

:katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

Ps: now I want a tubbie plushie.

Pss: "i'm such a dork" is such an "I'm so ramdon" moment :eyes_britney_laugh: but I'm pretty sure it's also a britney reference, i have flashes of britney pressing her nose like a snout, in a car saying that with felicia there :awkblink_britney_awkward_blinking:. Am i crazy?

It was a flawed concept from its  inception. The public is still here for Britney. This was just a bad idea. Who is the audience? While there is overlap between fans of Britney and musical theatre (aka gay ppl lol), most of the gp who can afford to see a broadway show rn are too old to really appreciate the nostalgia of Britney. And jukebox musicals are desperate cash grabs with limited creativity, so true theatre people arent gonna wanna see it.

And regardless Britney has always been a guilty pleasure act. Any adult going to see a Britney Spears jukebox musical specifically would feel cringey and awkward. I know I would and I have a musical theatre degree and am a life long fan of Britney. 

On 8/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, rck92 said:

Well, yeah. It sounds so bad, and very cringeworthy. Not to mention the people singing sound awful. I’m sorry but who thought this was gonna be a succes :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew:

This, I'm sorry but even without the first involvement of the cship, this is a cringe fest.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block