Brightest Morning Star is a bop

1 minute ago, Lemon said:

Do people really think this is Myah singing? I've always thought it was obviously Britney. Her raspy voice is the same in Don't Cry. However, when you listen to Til It's Gone or Body Ache, it's obviously not the same voice. That album is so tragic...

To me, with the majority of BJ, you can pretty obviously tell when it transitions from Britney to Myah and back again.  Personally, I think in Brightest Morning Star, it's Britney for the verse, the pre-chorus, and then the chorus has Britney and Myah layered, and then the post-chorus, "you are the light of my beautiful life I could never let go you're my brightest morning star / you are the light of my beautiful life I could never let go you're my brightest morning star" is Myah.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

To me, with the majority of BJ, you can pretty obviously tell when it transitions from Britney to Myah and back again.  Personally, I think in Brightest Morning Star, it's Britney for the verse, the pre-chorus, and then the chorus has Britney and Myah layered, and then the post-chorus, "you are the light of my beautiful life I could never let go you're my brightest morning star / you are the light of my beautiful life I could never let go you're my brightest morning star" is Myah.

I never thought that part in particular was Myah, maybe because it's so layered. It's beautiful though! I love the verses, I just wish they were better produced. As with Alien, you can tell some vocal bits have been put together in a very tacky way.

I agree you can tell. Funnily enough, when Passenger leaked, I thought that woman singing the verses couldn't be Britney. Then the stems leaked and, apparently, it was her? I was so confused.

• Love 1
Just now, Lemon said:

I never thought that part in particular was Myah, maybe because it's so layered. It's beautiful though! I love the verses, I just wish they were better produced. As with Alien, you can tell some vocal bits have been put together in a very tacky way.

I agree you can tell. Funnily enough, when Passenger leaked, I thought that woman singing the verses couldn't be Britney. Then the stems leaked and, apparently, it was her? I was so confused.

Haha I agree, there were parts I was mistaken about too, but for the most part, you can tell when something is Myah because she has a slightly CLEARER voice, and she sometimes does a "fake nasally" type thing to mimic Britney.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, IRunAway said:

Passenger is great IN THEORY, but production-wise, it's a mess.  It's mixed horribly.  Also, the chorus of BMS is way catchier than the chorus of Passenger.

"I'll let you lead the way now cause I want you to take the wheel I've never been a passenger though I never knew how good it would feel the road will twist and turn but I know that I am in good hands I've never been a passenger no but we'll see more without a map without a map without a map without a map."

That's a WILD, wordy chorus, and almost the whole chorus is Myah.

BMS is mixed very well and hides the fact myah is in it very well. Her vocals are distorted a lot

• Super Mods
39 minutes ago, Viking84 said:

Not people here liking this song and dissing Passenger. Passenger eats this song and spits it out.

I think people don't like Passenger cause it doesn't have Britney's actual vocals on them especially in the chorus.

If it did, the song would better received and well liked.

I actually like the song btw but yeah its the chorus with Mya on it that ruins it.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block