Why do people keep obsessing about Britney's bad health habits?

People keep making threads focusing on Britney's cigarette smoking, but she has specifically stated that she was not allowed to smoke for large parts of her conservatorship. So, it was not a consistent 20 years of heavy smoking like people claim it was. We do not see all the videos and photos of her smoking now like we used to, which makes me think that she may have cut back.

Under the conservatorship, her diet was also heavily controlled. I am not defending the conservatorship at all, but the fact remains that she would not have been allowed to indulge in unhealthful eating habits either. 

Either way, to this day she is in good physical shape, she does not look old or haggard, Sam likely keeps her active and healthy, and even in this link which is complete propaganda, she is in the kitchen eating fruit: 

NYPICHPDPICT000010888948.jpg?quality=75&
NYPOST.COM

Sources with "direct knowledge" said the singer supposedly guzzles caffeine by the gallon — consuming so much that sometimes she stays awake for three consecutive days.

This idea that she is dying and on the verge of getting some serious illness is paranoid and ridiculous. The only thing I am truly concerned about is her tanning. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

While I don’t condone smoking personally, I can understand why she and others smoke. I think it’s one of the few things she had control over during the past 13 years. Who am I to tell her what to do or not to do? We all have our vices and bad habits. 

• Love 6
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Emil87 said:

While I don’t condone smoking personally, I can understand why she and others smoke. I think it’s one of the few things she had control over during the past 13 years. Who am I to tell her what to do or not to do? We all have our vices and bad habits. 

I agree and I wish she would quit permanently, but I think overall it seems like she lives a healthy lifestyle. I think people overexaggerate how physically unhealthy she is. 

• Love 2
  • Like 3
Just now, Emil87 said:

Also, the caffeine thing is ridiculous, they make it seem like she’s gonna OD on it, so damn dramatic. I know people who drink like 10 cups of coffee a day, but as always, Britney is scrutinized for it. 

The thing I find most concerning is definitely the tanning and lack of care for getting sunburnt. 

Even Sam (who seems to take his health extremely seriously) has been seen to indulge in a cigar here and there 

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Pre con she said she didn't smoke while on tour, so she likely didn't smoke much during the cship... even if today she was smoking like a chimney, it's her prerogative and besides, nicotine is one of THE MOST addictive substances out there, so give her a break... for all you know she's trying to quit anyway. I've smoked off and on for years, I will sometimes go 2 or 3 years without smoking and then randomly pick it up again for 6 months to a year or so... personally I enjoy the physical act of smoking, and it's one of the few vices she's had access to... let the woman breathe (her carcinogen air)

• Love 3
  • Like 2

She smoked throughout her conservatorship - except when she was at “that place” in 2019. There are pictures of her smoking in 2008 - 2022. In fact, she was seen smoking all the time when cameras were following her multiple times a week. She just wasn’t followed as much after the first couple years of her conservatorship. Here are some examples - we can’t pretend that she wasn’t smoking:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears' parenting skills have come under fire yet again after photographs emerged...

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears and Jason Trawick are looking happier and more in love than...

article-2674840-1F43ECB400000578-604_636
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

She usually either looks every inch a wholesome mother or when on stage, a glamorous...

46664589-0-image-a-102_1628923108925.jpg
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

Britney Spears, 39, took a relaxing drive near her home in Thousand Oaks, California...

This actually became a huge meme in 2017:
Edited by NotBuyingIt
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Dcarp999 said:

I agree and I wish she would quit permanently, but I think overall it seems like she lives a healthy lifestyle. I think people overexaggerate how physically unhealthy she is. 

Oh they definitely overexaggerate everythinggg when it comes to Britney. They make it seem like she’s on her way to a geriatric hospital any day now. It’s ridiculous.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Dcarp999 said:

The thing I find most concerning is definitely the tanning and lack of care for getting sunburnt. 

Tanning is not good for your skin you’re right. But I haven’t seen her tan in a very long time. And people who stay out of the sun still get skin cancer. Same with smokers and lung cancer. I say just let her live, I mean it’s not like she’s out in the streets shooting up ****** with bums. 

6 minutes ago, Brit52 said:

Even Sam (who seems to take his health extremely seriously) has been seen to indulge in a cigar here and there 

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Pre con she said she didn't smoke while on tour, so she likely didn't smoke much during the cship... even if today she was smoking like a chimney, it's her prerogative and besides, nicotine is one of THE MOST addictive substances out there, so give her a break... for all you know she's trying to quit anyway. I've smoked off and on for years, I will sometimes go 2 or 3 years without smoking and then randomly pick it up again for 6 months to a year or so... personally I enjoy the physical act of smoking, and it's one of the few vices she's had access to... let the woman breathe (her carcinogen air)

The smoking could be the worst of what she does. I am sure being with Sam, she is being encouraged to make healthy choices. I mean in the ridiculous article where they said she is a danger to herself, she was eating fruit. We all have a mixture of healthful and more risky habits, I don't know why some people hold Britney to a separate standard where she must be scrutinized. She's like anyone else. I know so many people who smoke a pack of cigarettes or more per day and get completely wasted at the bars every single night, and do harder ***** on the side, who are likely in far worse health. 

1 minute ago, Emil87 said:

Tanning is not good for your skin you’re right. But I haven’t seen her tan in a very long time. And people who stay out of the sun still get skin cancer. Same with smokers and lung cancer. I say just let her live, I mean it’s not like she’s out in the streets shooting up ****** with bums. 

Everyone has a mixture of healthful and risky habits, it seems like Britney is no different from anyone else there. She just has her life under a microscope.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
Just now, BritneyWiki said:

If you love someone you wouldn't want them to smoke at all. But I do like your point that she probably never smoked as much during the cship.

She said this herself so I trust it, she complained that she was denied the ability to smoke cigarettes for so long and even people sentenced to death can have them. 

It's Britney spears,  it's been this way since she debuted. 

When she turned 20, Mom's hated her, cos she wasn't cute and innocent like she was during her first two albums, etc..

I can go on and on, same thing happened with Miley,  she only did the crazy stuff so Disney had to distance themselves from Hannah Montana and it worked. 

One day the reruns was airing but after that vmas performance in 2013, the reruns stopped and was replaced instantly with wizards of Waverly place for an extra hour..

• Love 1

Understandable why freedom would make you want to exercise personal choice you should have always had, sure. But nobody should smoke. And lung cancer is just one of MANY reasons why. Increased risk of heart disease, stroke, and much more. There is no good reason for anyone to smoke. 

that said, I’m definitely not gonna chastise her for it. These flamin hot Cheetos ain’t good for my arteries so 😂

Edited by halfdressed
  • Like 1

It's easy to point out other's flaws, and it makes them feel more superior, Britney is and was always a target, even to fans. I personally hate smoking, but I never go to anyone and preach about how bad it is (unless it's really harming other people), and I think being healthy is different for everyone so I also dislike how people try to force other people to eat or live a certain way that worked for them. And I think we do most of it in good intentions, but you gotta realize it yourself. And tbh, I think Britney is taking good care of herself, even better than a lot of people around me.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block