Miley Cyrus on touring: I can't, there's no connection | Update: Miley responds

Some of these comments :tiffeyeroll_miss_ny_new_york_ms_annoyed_eyes_roll_eyeroll_irritated: it's sad she doesn't want to tour anymore, but it sounds like she wants to put her mental health first and you can't always do something you don't physically enjoy just to please others.

Edited by Isla
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

I'm glad she's honest about it instead of trying and then cancelling or just pretending. I think she will in a couple years or maybe even less time, tho. And for people complaining I would LOVE to see her perform (saw her last year actually) but she is a person before an artist and is not obliged to anything. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, icybaby said:

Why is she making music if she doesn't want perform to hundreds. I mean isn't touring the most profitable part. Looks like she doesn't care for her fans but only herself.

In today's world, all Miley has to do is a few social media sponsors posts to make a few million dollars a week. 

The internet changed everything.  Nobody needs to tour unless they want to. 

Older artists do because they came from the era of show business. 

A lot of the tours are artists who has been since the 60s or the 70s and most today's talent actually kinda wish they have has that longevity..

It's no longer one hit wonder but a one hit album wonder on today's music Industry exists now. 

4 minutes ago, Spicechinodiva said:

In today's world, all Miley has to do is a few social media sponsors posts to make a few million dollars a week. 

The internet changed everything.  Nobody needs to tour unless they want to. 

Older artists do because they came from the era of show business. 

A lot of the tours are artists who has been since the 60s or the 70s and most today's talent actually kinda wish they have has that longevity..

It's no longer one hit wonder but a one hit album wonder on today's music Industry exists now. 

Well good for her. I don't really think she can pull a BIG  spectacular show so maybe it is better for her to  stick to that posts, make some music and be rich.

9 hours ago, BlackoutITZ said:

She hasn't done a single live performance this era though besides one pre-recorded special for Disney+, and she isn't playing any festivals or shows this year so it seems she is definitely not planning to perform for the foreseeable future.

I saw her at summer fest live a few years ago 

• Super Mods

Wow that sucks that she won't tour.

I really was looking forward to seeing her live for her new album.

I've seen every single disney popstar in concert except her.

Funny thing that I remember this but I remember the last time she didnt tour for Younger Now was because she just got back with Liam

and now she wont tour cause of her "lack of connection" with fans?

It really sucks but oh well its her decision.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, Midnights said:

To be fair, I don't understand this.

Touring is part of the job that she chose to do. It isn't just for the fans but also for the money and performance of the supported album. Do artists really expect their music to just do its thing on its own with little to no effort from them? I personally feel that's a really messed up attitude towards loyal fans that made you rich AF.

Also, Imagine taking on a job and be like "nope, not doing that even tho it's what I get paid for". Then just quit.

The way she paints off touring as if it's to pleasure others...girl please, you wouldn't be as a rich as you are today if you never toured. 

I really have a problem with people not having a reality check. Living off those few cents you get per stream didn't buy you your milion dollar home sweetie. 

And yes, before somebody tries to mention it, Britney's case is different. She was forced into it, forced to tour. She's legit traumatized.

So yeah...such statements, without a clear personal issue such as a literal trauma, sounds extremely tonedeaf to everyone working and to loyal fans imo.

I do find her attitude off-putting these days, with this and "Chart isn't important to me" interview. 
Like, girl, why do you pay spotify so much money to promote your song then?

But I don't think touring is an abligation for artist though.
If you like an artist, you pay for the music and that's it.
Some just fine with releasing music without touring. Some just don't enjoy live performance that much.

1 hour ago, nux1989 said:

But I don't think touring is an abligation for artist though.
If you like an artist, you pay for the music and that's it.
Some just fine with releasing music without touring. Some just don't enjoy live performance that much.

I totally think it is. Touring is a chance for the same fans that made it possible for artists to pursue the career they want, to see them in real life.

Taking that away from those who are actually the reason you have that career, is extremely selfish in my eyes.

She's basically saying "thanks y'all, now that I have reached what I want thanks to you, you never gonna see mee again".

I mean, for a LOT of people, going on a trip to America to see an artist is just too expensive. So a lot of non-American fans that bought her music for years get paid dust.

And yes, before all went down and before we knew what we know now, I was hella mad at Britney with her residency (literally all BH wasn't keen on the idea) She paid her fans abroad dust. But at least she eventually brought it overseas and made up for it, giving her loyal fans a fair chance to see her. Little did we know what was really going on behind the scenes back then.

So yeah, Miley could be a little more grateful and thankful to those that gave her the career and money of her dreams by ocassionally touring. It doesn't even need to be a 4 shows a week tour...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block