42 minutes ago, Antidote said:

I think Circus is more like let's make Britney look like the ringleader but in reality she is the tiger of the circus, caged against her will and the center of attention of the show

article-1190733-0534DB4D000005DC-991_634

Circus and Kill the lights portrait her daily life. Circus album is the most misunderstood album.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Yes circus as an album was a narrative used by con  to suspend whatever they were doing with her at the time. 

First time she appeared lethargic with no will not motivation. 

The albums is not that great. 

Sounds rushed and underedited 

Kill the lights is terrible. 

Hum papi... What is that? 

There is a glitch in blur much more noticeable than the alien one but nobody talks about it. Blur is by far the best song from that mess. 

Maya singing the leads on circus is trash too. 

I don't think brut was that involved in the project 

Circus-britney Jean  eras are very obscure and involved in so much dark

5 minutes ago, BritneyWiki said:

I think the Circus album needed to cover all the bases. A couple huge hits. Some ballads that showcase her voice. Address Britney's partying and relationship with the paparazzi. Something that has a naughty innuendo but isn't explicit. I think the collaborators found a way to do this that Britney liked and the team accepted. 

I'm sure Britney had input. With the tour, the symbolism is there. Britney in a cage. Britney in a picture frame.

Considering her public image in 2007, yes they wanted Britney to come across as confident, strong, powerful, and in control. Even without the cship this would have been part of the marketing plan to restore her image. 

Maybe she had an opinion on this album. She even wanted to play a different setlist on the tour and only changed her idea after remixing her songs. I guess that she was really being forced at the Femme Fatale Tour.

8 minutes ago, PablitoXS said:

Maybe she had an opinion on this album. She even wanted to play a different setlist on the tour and only changed her idea after remixing her songs. I guess that she was really being forced at the Femme Fatale Tour.

Both things can be true. She was obligated to do the tour due to the cship and contracts, and at times I'm sure she was very upset about it. But at the same time there's a bit of joy she gets from performing for fans and she wants to have some input over the creative aspects of her art. I think it slowly went downhill over the years as she felt more powerless and unhappy about it. 

The Broadway show deal came towards the end of the cship and the whole theme of the show is getting the princesses to write their own futures instead of being controlled by the author. It's clearly an anti-conservatorship plot. So Britney was involved on some level even if others profited on it.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, IoI said:

This is a mistake I see a lot of people doing, using imagery that alludes to her actual situation as proof that Britney had input. Maybe she did, but there's also a big chance that she didn't, but in order to understand that you have to try to get into the psychopathic mindset of people that are drunk on power like the ones that took over her life. Like showing you what they're actually doing to her but in a way that you won't take seriously and register as an "artistic choice". It's like them saying "We are the ones in power, we are the ones in control, we are untouchable, and we're even shoving it in your face but you're too stupid to take it seriously which bolsters our sense of superiority, we've shown you what we're actually doing that's wrong, and now the blame shifts onto you as well because you're not doing anything about it". It's hard to understand this for "normal" people that aren't in those powerful positions and that don't think like that.

Calling my opinion a mistake is idiotic because neither of us know the truth. So you can relax a bit lol.

She was in a cage for POM but then fought her way out of it and got applause from the audience. It's not shoving it in her face. My guess is the choreographer came up with it and both Britney and the team approved it. 

Another cage appeared in the original Make Me video and the director has said exactly how that came about. I'm sure you know since you're the expert. But it's not as you described for the circus tour.

Edited by BritneyWiki
On 4/21/2023 at 5:44 AM, BritneyWiki said:

Calling my opinion a mistake is idiotic because neither of us know the truth. So you can relax a bit lol.

She was in a cage for POM but then fought her way out of it and got applause from the audience. It's not shoving it in her face. My guess is the choreographer came up with it and both Britney and the team approved it. 

Another cage appeared in the original Make Me video and the director has said exactly how that came about. I'm sure you know since you're the expert. But it's not as you described for the circus tour.

Edited by IoI
  • Haha 1
On 4/21/2023 at 5:11 AM, PablitoXS said:

I think her songs like lots of female singers songs are about the agenda of empowering women and it was necessary to catch the vibe of it.

I have to disagree a bit when you talk about IUSA, because the video is about the mask all of us wear to show the world perfection.

And also about Mannequin, my face is like a... something unexpressive, with no life. That's the hidden message in the song.

Edited by IoI
2 hours ago, IoI said:

I think they were smart. The way they made the MV shows they did understand the song. The catch is they made it seem like Britney is poking fun at everybody, when actually Britney isn't really the one mocking but the one being mocked as well. Amy is the wild alter-ego of Britney, the one that goes out partying and drinking, the one that needs to be controlled and conserved.

I honestly doubt they knew the hidden meaning of that song. Especially when they dug out Out From Under from a Bratz soundtrack to show that she has a clean image now. Don't think they wanted to tarnish her image with a song about all the boys and girls wanting to **** her. Jamie would have not approved it. The music video isn't even that risque. I'm sure they just saw it as a house party music video in the same realm of the Just Dance MV.

• Like 1

That is very accurate, but I don't think it was really on purpose by Team Con. Britney probably chooses the songs, and she was choosing songs that made her feel empowered and liberated, maybe as an escape of her real life at that moment.

But the fact is, you listen to Circus and Femme Fatale, and you get the impression that it's a woman in total control of her life, strong and powerful. Which was not an accurate depiction of who she was.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, IoI said:

I don't like how this album was used to brainwash the fans

Womanizer: "Britney is strong and kicks a womanizer out of her life" = womanizer actually part of the team taking over her life

Circus: Britney is the one "in charge, a ring leader, runs a tight ship"

OFU: Britney is "heading from a bad place to a better place."

KTL: Paparazzi are "the enemy"

SG: Again pretending the cheater's world will "fall apart" when it's actually hers

IUSA: The "real" Britney is a dirty crazy party-going s** addict, and she fools the world by pretending to be a "good girl"

UY: Again Britney is moving on to a better relationship after a long history of "bad" experiences, she is going through "positive" change

Blur: Again portrays Britney as unstable drunk

Mmm Papi: Creepy song alluding to "papi" Spears being the "hero" of her life and he "will always be there for" her

Mannequin: "I run this", "I get everything, my own way" again showing Britney as a woman "in control" of her life who "gets what she wants when she wants" without caring what anyone else thinks or says

LaL: Portrays Britney as a s** kitten whose role is to put on a show

MB: A diversion from Britney the person and her misery. She gets to be with her babies, she is "happy", her life is "complete". 

I know right, that's why I dislike C-vntshipus album. It's soulless and fake af. It's just Britney without Britney's soul.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block