On 4/21/2023 at 4:35 AM, brymo said:

I think they're just songs.

On 4/21/2023 at 4:37 AM, justin4britney said:

I don’t think it’s as deep as you think. 

On 4/21/2023 at 4:40 AM, OneLife said:

I don't think there is a deep meaning to the circus songs except for IUSA... I'm also sure that she recorded some of the songs before the con...

Edited by IoI
12 minutes ago, IoI said:

I think it's naive to assume, considering everything that happened at the time. It was a huge operation, they set everyone up and her music was part of that. The label collaborated with the c-ship team.

They didn't set everyone up with the meaning of the songs, but with the fact that Britney recorded an album and went on her biggest tour... everything would have seemed fine...

I'm 100% sure that the last thing they cared about was the lyrics in her songs... only her money.

• Like 2
On 4/21/2023 at 4:57 AM, OneLife said:

They didn't set everyone up with the meaning of the songs, but with the fact that Britney recorded an album and went on her biggest tour... everything would have seemed fine...

I'm 100% sure that the last thing they cared about was the lyrics in her songs... only her money.

Edited by IoI
On 4/21/2023 at 5:00 AM, Body ache said:

I don't think team con was smart enough to realize what IUSA actually meant. They spent money on Max Martin and they weren't going to let that money go to waste by the time they found out.

Edited by IoI

I think her songs like lots of female singers songs are about the agenda of empowering women and it was necessary to catch the vibe of it.

I have to disagree a bit when you talk about IUSA, because the video is about the mask all of us wear to show the world perfection.

And also about Mannequin, my face is like a... something unexpressive, with no life. That's the hidden message in the song.

• Like 3

I think the Circus album needed to cover all the bases. A couple huge hits. Some ballads that showcase her voice. Address Britney's partying and relationship with the paparazzi. Something that has a naughty innuendo but isn't explicit. I think the collaborators found a way to do this that Britney liked and the team accepted. 

I'm sure Britney had input. With the tour, the symbolism is there. Britney in a cage. Britney in a picture frame.

Considering her public image in 2007, yes they wanted Britney to come across as confident, strong, powerful, and in control. Even without the cship this would have been part of the marketing plan to restore her image. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block