Let's be real, Make Me & Slumber Party were flops. What songs from Glory would have been better singles?

Lately i fell in love with „Glory“ again - there are amazing songs and a lot of single material. 

My opinion is, it lacks right Promo, i don‘t like the tracklist, i don‘t like the old cover, Make me is good but not as first Single,….It‘s really sad bc i think she really put alot in that record and you can hear that - so it‘s not her fault….she was so on point during the promo tour

8 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I disagree about he music video killing the song cus I hardly watch music videos anymore for most new music. If a song is a hit it’s hit cus it sounds good not because of the video

I feel differently because when the official redo Make Me video was released it was so bad and cringe worthy for me that I couldn't listen to the song anymore. The song itself was fine.

And personally I didn't like Slumber Party until the video came out and then it grew on me. I'm so glad we have a nice video associated with this Era now. 

There are several others in the thread who also believe the make me music video drama really soured the launch of this album. Something behind the scenes wasn't right and it kind of knocked the wind out of the sails. The original video was fire, if you paired that visual with any of her best Glory songs, it would have been a bigger success. 

Yes the single has to be good, but to live up to her legacy it needs a killer video too. It's sad when basic lame videos get added to her catalog. 

"Glory" deserved so much better. The timing, the promotion, the visuals, everything felt messy and very weak (only 2 music videos) while in 2016 people were releasing tons of music videos for their album.

Anyway, to me the real missed opportunity was "Mood Ring". Lead single or "promo" single, but whatever it would have been the best introduction for that album and era imo. (with a music video of course)

"Just Luv Me" instead of "Private Show" for the perfume.

Then real lead "Slumber Party" , followed with something more danceable like "Better" or "Love Me Down" and finish with "Make Me" with the original video concept.

• Love 1

those singles are perfect. the public wasn't ready.

back when in the zone was released, some fans hated it. same with blackout.

you just wait and see the gem some of these songs will feel like later. glory is not necessarily some of her best work, because of the circumstances she was in. but its a good album and has really solid visuals. songs. and videos. and she served looks. it would've been a way bigger era if she had been left the **** alone and live her life and express her art however she wanted. like her work with lachapele. etc.

I don’t understand why fans hate Glory. It’s one of her best albums and I actually do love the singles she chose, though a collab with a Spanish artist would have been great in Change Your Mind. I think the problem is that people were not there for Britney, her own team sabotaged her and if she wanted a super successful era a-la-Taylor Swift, she would have needed to do increasingly more promo because at the time Glory was released the public was against her and didn’t care for her at all. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block