Let's be real, Make Me & Slumber Party were flops. What songs from Glory would have been better singles?

Just now, Isla said:

Make Me was the right lead single choice, but Do You Wanna Come Over should have been second single, it could have been a hit :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

No ono seemed interested though, first, it was released as a promo single and second it had a promo tv performance, and no one cared. Of course they were not going to choose it as the second single, but I think that was the original idea… thanks god fans chose slumber party :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

4 minutes ago, JP9101 said:

No ono seemed interested though, first, it was released as a promo single and second it had a promo tv performance, and no one cared. Of course they were not going to choose it as the second single, but I think that was the original idea… thanks god fans chose slumber party :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

I'm not really sure that's the case. It was a promo/instant grat track to generate interest in the album. It really stood out to me from the first listen and many critics singled it out as one of the highlights of Glory. It's catchy and sounded radio friendly. It literally had all the ingredients of being a hit.

• Love 1

For hits:

looking at 2016 billboard year end  list she needed:

A song like can’t stop the feeling for first single, a max martin bop.

then a song like one dance.

then a song like this is what you came for.

then I think mood ring to end it off.

I feel like mood ring is the only song on the album that could have actually made an impact on the charts. 

and of course it would all have had to be marketed correctly. 

I like the album but I agree with one of the previous posters that it was a good album for the fans but not the charts. 

Edited by CrAzAY
  • Like 1

I have no idea why they went the r&b route for the singles? No one is looking for Britney to set the mood. She should be bringing the party. Her chaotic nature is perfect for that. She’s not subtle

make dance music. Shake your *** for some money.

She got her husband out of the deal so I guess it was a success in the end. Even though the singles extended her legacy as a major artist in debt with low chart positions. I love that Madonna has so many hits. She is definitely a hot 100 legend like some of the Otha gals.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Isla said:

Make Me was the right lead single choice, but Do You Wanna Come Over should have been second single, it could have been a hit :meltdown_panic_scream_falling_die_ahh_scream_yell:

Yeah, Make Me was a nice change since this was the first time she didn't choose catchy dance pop number as a lead single, and the song itself really showed how different the album is from her previous works.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, BritneyWiki said:

I have always loved Better and can picture Britney doing a cute video in Hawaii for it.

I also LOVE Mood Ring and that would have been a really interesting single and should have been included on the initial album release.

I'm okay with the singles that were released. The issue was that she scrapped the original Make Me video which killed the momentum of the album release. If she used the original video, then after Make Me and Slumber Party she could have had another single or two. 

Also, Private Show doesn't sound great imo and Invitation should have been used instead for the buzz single and perfume.

I think Matches and Swimming with the Stars should have been held and released at a future date, after she was free maybe? It just didn't feel right how they were dropped when Britney was not doing any kind of promo and was in the thick of her public battle for freedom. Or maybe they could have been on the album at the time of release.

I disagree about he music video killing the song cus I hardly watch music videos anymore for most new music. If a song is a hit it’s hit cus it sounds good not because of the video

1 hour ago, Loveprofusion said:

I have no idea why they went the r&b route for the singles? No one is looking for Britney to set the mood. She should be bringing the party. Her chaotic nature is perfect for that. She’s not subtle

make dance music. Shake your *** for some money.

She got her husband out of the deal so I guess it was a success in the end. Even though the singles extended her legacy as a major artist in debt with low chart positions. I love that Madonna has so many hits. She is definitely a hot 100 legend like some of the Otha gals.

Team con didn’t want glory to be successful, they chose the singles

lead: mood ring

2nd before album release: DYWCO

3rd after album release: Change Your Mind with a latin feature

4rd and final: fan voted Slumber Party 

I love Make Me but I always felt like it's missing a good chorus. Mood Ring was loved by everyone the second it was leaked. It is more britney than Make Me but at the same time different from her previous leads exactly what they were looking for. they missed a chance there 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block