Let's be real, Make Me & Slumber Party were flops. What songs from Glory would have been better singles?

I have always loved Better and can picture Britney doing a cute video in Hawaii for it.

I also LOVE Mood Ring and that would have been a really interesting single and should have been included on the initial album release.

I'm okay with the singles that were released. The issue was that she scrapped the original Make Me video which killed the momentum of the album release. If she used the original video, then after Make Me and Slumber Party she could have had another single or two. 

Also, Private Show doesn't sound great imo and Invitation should have been used instead for the buzz single and perfume.

I think Matches and Swimming with the Stars should have been held and released at a future date, after she was free maybe? It just didn't feel right how they were dropped when Britney was not doing any kind of promo and was in the thick of her public battle for freedom. Or maybe they could have been on the album at the time of release.

Edited by BritneyWiki
  • Love 3
  • Like 4

"Better" should have been the first single and only released on the Deluxe (like Nicki Minaj did with Super Bass). Better is SO the sound of EDM in the 2015-ish era, and it would have fit sonically on the radio with all the other Chainsmoker-esque songs.

Second single: "Do You Wanna Come Over?" - no questions. Would have had BIG radio impact.

Third single: "Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortes)" - with an epic 10m Latiney Spears MV! 

Fourth single: "Liar" - just for the gays and old school Britney fans, obviously. Maybe a Max Martin Edit for radio?

Fifth single (International): "If I'm Dancing" with tons of club remixes. Also for the gays ha ha.

Edited by Jacolicious
  • Love 7
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, Style. In Moscow said:

Make Me is the best song from Glory. Definitely lead single material, too bad the video killed the hype. I’d have changed the featured artist, too. Slumber Party had a flop artist that didn’t add anything in particular. Glory could have been successful if promoted right.spacer.png

Tinashe is not a flop. She is a legend in the making.

• Love 1

Promo single: “Do You Wanna Come Over” - sets the tone for the album much better than “Private Show”. She could have included it in her BMA medley to hype the album.

1st single: “Better”- it’s very catchy, perfect for summer and generic enough for the radio and GP to eat it up.

2nd single: “Just Luv Me”- again it’s catchy and on trend with what was on the radio at the time. She could have performed a medley of this and “Better” at the VMAs.

3rd single: “Slumber Party”- even though it flopped, it’s a very good song and Rihanna should have returned the favor after Britney featured on S&M and helped it go to #1.

4th single: “Make Me”- the song had potential if it had a different video. I would have kept it as a solo, I don’t think G-Easy added much to the track.

“Love Me Down” also had single potential. 

• Love 1

None tbh. The album was more "for fans" than for the GP. We're lucky that Make Me went Top 20 in the US, which can be attributed to hype more than anything else.

But if it's any consolation, a lot of pop girls flopped in 2016, so it wasn't just Britney whose music wasn't a hit with the GP. :canthandleit_cry_katy_sob_sad_tears: :gagacrash_driving_run_hit_lady_sunglasses:

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block