Is Taylor Swift more famous than Britney Spears?

• Super Mods
1 minute ago, babyimmafreak90 said:

I agree with this. Taylor definitely still sells and is the pop girl of the moment, has had longevity and has masses of fans. 
Britneys fame and influence is immeasurable though. She was/is world wide famous. Even older generations couldn’t escape her at her peak. I don’t have stats to back up my admittedly biased opinion. But at best, Taylor is as famous. I don’t think she’s had the same level of influence or cultural impact though. Both are exceedingly accomplished women. 

That’s why it’s such a hard question! Thanks for commenting :) 

There is a difference between fame and popularity. Some have both, some have just one, and some have neither. In the case of Britney, she is very famous in any part of the world, but it is a fact that she is not as popular as she used to be, especially among younger people. Many teens have never even heard of Britney Spears or only know a song or two from TikTok but aren't interested in her. Taylor, on the other hand, is extremely famous and popular. There are those who say that her name only has encouragement in the United States, but that is a big lie. She is a powerhouse in Oceania, the United Kingdom, some countries in Asia and has been growing more and more in Latin America. In Brazil, for example, she is the most consumed female artist, surpassing names like Beyoncé, Gaga, Rihanna and, of course, Britney. Taylor is the greatest artist of our time. You may not like her, but you have to accept that fact.

Edited by Joel Santos
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
  • Like 3

It depens on how you look at it - Worldwide def not (Britney was extremely big in Europe & Asia and South America - Taylor not so much) and in the long Terms more of the GP will remember Britney (She will be a Legend like Marylin Monroe or Whitney Houston). I don‘t see People remembering Taylor - for what? 

But at this exact Moment, she‘s bigger than Britney, yes….

• Love 2
  • Like 1

You cannot really compare their success because they were huge in different eras.

Britney was huge without Social Media , Streaming, YouTube, etc. She was and still worldwide known. Her hits are still being played at clubs and people get into her music all the time. In general, her impact was huge because all generations can relate or connect with 1 of her songs.

Taylor is huge now thanks to all the marketing and digital advantages. Most of her public are younger generations or young adults. I don’t think all public connect with her music. I don’t see her hits being played at clubs and people really connecting with them.

So in summary, maybe Taylor is more popular, but Britney made a greater impact and will transcend more in the pop culture.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
38 minutes ago, MoodRing3 said:

It depens on how you look at it - Worldwide def not (Britney was extremely big in Europe & Asia and South America - Taylor not so much) and in the long Terms more of the GP will remember Britney (She will be a Legend like Marylin Monroe or Whitney Houston). I don‘t see People remembering Taylor - for what? 

But at this exact Moment, she‘s bigger than Britney, yes….

Taylor has almost 20 years of career and still at the top. It's obvious that people will remember her in the long run. And for the right reasons.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Joel Santos said:

Taylor has almost 20 years of career and still at the top. It's obvious that people will remember her in the long run. And for the right reasons.

Will remember her? Sure. But what songs? She is selling and is on the top. Her music? Britney music is still relevant, I don't know... its weird

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
6 hours ago, Dahreal**** said:

You cannot really compare their success because they were huge in different eras.

Britney was huge without Social Media , Streaming, YouTube, etc. She was and still worldwide known. Her hits are still being played at clubs and people get into her music all the time. In general, her impact was huge because all generations can relate or connect with 1 of her songs.

Taylor is huge now thanks to all the marketing and digital advantages. Most of her public are younger generations or young adults. I don’t think all public connect with her music. I don’t see her hits being played at clubs and people really connecting with them.

So in summary, maybe Taylor is more popular, but Britney made a greater impact and will transcend more in the pop culture.

This summed it up nicely I think! Thanks for commenting! 

Fame to me involves someone I want to be. Ms Taylor Swift is lauded in the industry she is a hard worka. Sterling reputation and.. drumroll: A song writer to boot!! And loves making music as evidenced by her output. So for me Taylor is my role model hehe. Famous around the world because she is inspiring!!

Don’t get me wrong Britney is definitely ****! when she strips boy oh boy it’s something u def wanna keep your eyeballs on! The dad making her do music was a good call

Both Taylor and Britney have cemented themselves into history to some degree, more so than MANY of their peers. 

I don’t know if anyone can say who is bigger, but Taylor has seen way longer and more consistent commercial success. She has a DIE HARD fan base, and IMO is one of the most talented songwriters out there. 

they both have their own lanes, Britney got put off course with her own story and still has remained one of the most enigmatic, sought after figures to this day - I don’t think it’s fair to compare. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Loveprofusion said:

Fame to me involves someone I want to be. Ms Taylor Swift is lauded in the industry she is a hard worka. Sterling reputation and.. drumroll: A song writer to boot!! And loves making music as evidenced by her output. So for me Taylor is my role model hehe. Famous around the world because she is inspiring!!

Don’t get me wrong Britney is definitely ****! when she strips boy oh boy it’s something u def wanna keep your eyeballs on! The dad making her do music was a good call

Log out and go home trash 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block