Nelly Furtado releases new single 'Love Bites'

3 hours ago, MIKE_INT said:

Sounds like ToveLo B-side, it lacks progression and it finished before you get into it, beat reminds be of "Acapella" by Kelis and Tove Lo voice is more present than Nelly's

OMG, I didn't see your comment until I posted mine.

The fact that we both thought of Kelis' 'Acapella' just shows how unoriginal her new song is. It's bland and boring...

• Like 1
On 5/23/2024 at 4:10 PM, Emil87 said:

It’s alright but she really has no identity as an artist. 

You clearly haven't heard her first 2 albums then. Because those are her identity that were such a unique style for her. Loose was also amazing, because it was a mix of her style with Timbaland's style. 

But yes this new single is a bit generic EDM, it's still a bop, but not unique. Hoping she goes more back to her style with mixes of other genres like EDM and etc. The "Tiny Desk Concert" she recently did shows she's still true to her style.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, jennyj said:

You clearly haven't heard her first 2 albums then. Because those are her identity that were such a unique style for her. Loose was also amazing, because it was a mix of her style with Timbaland's style. 

But yes this new single is a bit generic EDM, it's still a bop, but not unique. Hoping she goes more back to her style with mixes of other genres like EDM and etc. The "Tiny Desk Concert" she recently did shows she's still true to her style.

You’re actually right on that, I’m more of a casual fan. Never deep dived into her album cuts. But sonically, to me, her sound is all over the place. But I’m basing that mostly off her singles. She went from folk, to hip-hop, to (as you said) generic EDM. 

Anything you’d recommend?

On 5/23/2024 at 10:22 AM, happy for you said:

Absolute f u c king BANGER! 

Nelly's best material since loose. Tove Lo and SG Lewis make magic. ❣️

Ok. Let's not get dramatic.... This is a generic dance song. Where you don't really get to hear much of her voice 

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block