Is Taylor Swift more famous than Britney Spears?

i dont think Taylor comes close to Britneys prime fame but currently she is bigger. But thats normal. Britney hasnt released anything in years and currently doesnt seem interested in furthering her career.  In a couple of years someone will pop up and people will start comparing that person to Taylor just like Britney was compared to Madonna before that. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Idk @Isla @Slayer and @Style. In Moscow all would die for Taylor so she is International :inbed_ahs_hotel_sarah_paulson_grin_smirk_cackle_bed_reading_phone:

Taylor is popular here in the UK! Well tbf I feel like Taylor didn't become popular here until the Red era but since then she's been massive here and had loads of hits.

Right now, I would say that maybe she is more famous, but overall, Britney has a lasting legacy too.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2023 at 2:31 AM, Dahreal**** said:

Taylor is huge now thanks to all the marketing and digital advantages. Most of her public are younger generations or young adults. I don’t think all public connect with her music. I don’t see her hits being played at clubs and people really connecting with them.

Don't know what clubs you go too, or not sure if you are not seeing the attendance in her stadium tour :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

• Like 2

I think Taylor and Britney peaked in different ways, as they both had their own audience that they catered too. 

As for the delusion of some exhalers thinking Taylor isn't huge ignoring the fact that she is selling out STADIUMS, has a massive following, huge musical influence, great artistry, and is currently the biggest-selling artist in English-speaking countries as well as Asian markets, particularly China.... This is for you: 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=3873,1816,x0,y25
WWW.FORBES.COM

In December, Billboard estimated that Taylor Swift's latest tour would gross $591 million. But that assumed an average ticket price of $215. Now it looks like the right price if as least $700.

Edited by MasterMindz
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

Don't know what clubs you go too, or not sure if you are not seeing the attendance in her stadium tour :frenchy_britney_u_sure_ff_femme_fatale_you_look:

lmao I love it when people try to downplay her success. Just because you dont like her doesnt mean others dont

she has literally set world records with this tour and I think her last one too..

Fswb1UbWAAYNKuy.jpg

Her Tshirt matches the energy so well#

taylor-swift-tour-outfits-032123-4-56940

• Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, MasterMindz said:

I think Taylor and Britney peaked in different ways, as they both had their own audience that they catered too. 

As for the delusion of some exhalers thinking Taylor isn't huge ignoring the fact that she is selling out STADIUMS, has a massive following, huge musical influence, great artistry, and is currently the biggest-selling artist in English-speaking countries as well as Asian markets, particularly China.... This is for you: 

0x0.jpg?format=jpg&crop=3873,1816,x0,y25
WWW.FORBES.COM

In December, Billboard estimated that Taylor Swift's latest tour would gross $591 million. But that assumed an average ticket price of $215. Now it looks like the right price if as least $700.

she just played 3 nighs back to back in a sold out stadium and is consistently in the Top 5 Worldwide listeners on Spotify and Britards will still act like she is a small local act.

taylor-swift-meme.gif

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, The Greatest Show said:

she just played 3 nighs back to back in a sold out stadium and is consistently in the Top 5 Worldwide listeners on Spotify and Britards will still act like she is a small local act.

taylor-swift-meme.gif

It is crazy to me how Exhale downgrades Taylor's success just cause she does dance like Britney or perform like Beyonce. They totally ignore the fact that all her songs are written by her and her albums are usually produced by 2 or 3 people as she does not need an army of singers/songwriters/directors/choreographers to dominate the music scene. 

Disliking her is one thing, but downgrading her massive success is delusional. She has literally been peaking since 2009 :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

Britney is my favorite artist but with her retiring (I guess?), Taylor has kept me going BIG TIME!  Can't wait to see her next month :bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance: 

Edited by MasterMindz
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

I think Taylor has achieved the level of fame and relevancy that Britney did in the early 2000's.....but comparing them is a bit nonsensical as Brit came out before Taylor.

Now is Taylor more relevant than Britney in 2023? absolutely. She's active putting out new music and touring the world performing at sold out arenas while Brit twirls in her living room (Mind you she's already done all of that) - two completely different scenarios so I think your statement needs rephrasing.

Edited by ElToxico
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block