Do you think Pink is iconic?

16 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

spacer.png

Let me know your thoughts about Pink in the comments! 

Alexa, play Get The Party Started :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

No... cuz she is releasing depressive and boring songs. In the past she released sad songs but catchy, actually she is like she is trying to put some creativity in verses, but chorus ruins whole songs. She can't release happy songs. Britney can release sad lyrics, but you can sing them with smile cuz she is showing there her self-confidence (good example is "Lonely").

• Love 1
10 hours ago, PaMisMuchachas said:

Christina Aguilera inspired the majority of pop stars that are popular right now. From Dua Lipa to Ariana, to Sam Smith. Pink doesn't have that.

That is true, and she has one of the best voices ever, many young vocalists credit Christina all the time

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, fays1 said:

That is true, and she has one of the best voices ever, many young vocalists credit Christina all the time

That still shocks me cos in the US, she went from being the threat to Britney to really crashing fast. 

And that's because of her decision to try to do reinvent herself each time,and new sounds like Madonna did. 

But I feel it alienated people,  most people wanted the ******** girl a little bit more,  baby Jane came too fast I think spring of 2004 in the Nelly track, even I said, oh this is trouble she changed it up fast when people were still loving stripped. 

She went platinum with back to basics and we all know what happens with Bionic and every album after that. She was the best case, but oddly enough her going back to Latin pop , is perhaps her best move and most agree they can't see her going back to the English language market especially with the success she had, apparently Latin America really loves and appreciates her. 

They say the US is all about trends not loyalty,  spit people out until they want them back case in point flowers by Miley cryus is solid proof. 

Worldwide she had two huge hits from her last record with Midnight sky and prisoner and we all know how us let plastic hearts bomb 

7 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

That still shocks me cos in the US, she went from being the threat to Britney to really crashing fast. 

And that's because of her decision to try to do reinvent herself each time,and new sounds like Madonna did. 

But I feel it alienated people,  most people wanted the ******** girl a little bit more,  baby Jane came too fast I think spring of 2004 in the Nelly track, even I said, oh this is trouble she changed it up fast when people were still loving stripped. 

She went platinum with back to basics and we all know what happens with Bionic and every album after that. She was the best case, but oddly enough her going back to Latin pop , is perhaps her best move and most agree they can't see her going back to the English language market especially with the success she had, apparently Latin America really loves and appreciates her. 

They say the US is all about trends not loyalty,  spit people out until they want them back case in point flowers by Miley cryus is solid proof. 

Worldwide she had two huge hits from her last record with Midnight sky and prisoner and we all know how us let plastic hearts bomb 

Im a huge Christina fan, but I couldnt connect with her music or creativity after Bionic. The only thing I enjoyed is her new Latin album. I think she really lost her creativity and passion for music.

Did her Latin album really do good in Latin America?

Edited by fays1

Iconic? Hmmm...I think she is def a star of the 00s and crossed over well to adult/contemporary. She's kinda like Sporty Spice...successful and driven but lacks original flavor that makes HER memorable. "Get The Party Started" is iconic tho. PInk does/did have iconic potential tho but she really stopped pushing boundaries in music after "I'm Not Dead". Her artistic aesthetic has been boring since then too. 

Edited by jordeezy

She was made to contrast main pop girls, with her edgy, tomboyish brand, so that girls being more like that themselves would actually relate and buy the records. 

She paved the way for Avril Lavigne who is basically the same product. Pink lasted longer than her though.

I stopped liking Pinks music around idk 2006? But within her own tough pop girl genre, sure she is iconic. 

55 minutes ago, MortalMarshmallow said:

She was made to contrast main pop girls, with her edgy, tomboyish brand, so that girls being more like that themselves would actually relate and buy the records. 

She paved the way for Avril Lavigne who is basically the same product. Pink lasted longer than her though.

I stopped liking Pinks music around idk 2006? But within her own tough pop girl genre, sure she is iconic. 

And she was the only one from her era, Britney spears, Christina Aguilera to actually be part of billboard top 20 acts of the 2010s, all 3 were there at the decade end in 2000s, but pink was able to maintain the momentum unlike the other two, hint why RCA WENT right into to negotiate a deal fast to renew her contract cos it would be a major bidding war for her.

Britney same way,  but xtina have no idea. I mean it felt like an eternity for the follow up to Lotus. 

• 2 weeks later...

No she's not iconic.

Icons of music:

Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, Freddy Mercury, Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin, Barbra Streisand, Celine Dion, Bob Marley, Prince, Cher, Mick Jagger, Paul McCartney, John Lennon, Tupac, Madonna, Frank Sinatra, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain etc

Who's not iconic and u'll be surprised cause some of them are super successful, they can be great too, but not icons, they could be on their way though

Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Lana Del Rey (could be on her way), Ringo, George Harrison, Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani, Justin Bieber (could be on his way who knows), Ariana Grande (could be), Rihanna (Beyoncé could be more of an icon than her), Drake, Billie Eillish (could be but probably won't), Adèle (could be on her way), Taylor Swift, Katy Perry etc

Even less iconic and will probably never be

Dua Lipa, Madison Beer, P!nk, Maroon 5, Selena Gomez, Lil Uzi Vert & other Lils, Chloe Bailey etc..

What is an icon?

To me an icon is an artist that you can identify with only a few characteristics they have, and that means worldwide the artist would be known, whether in Madrid or in a small village in the middle of nowhere. Their impact in music has been so powerful that it has made them "iconic".

So let's please stop using iconic for everything

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block