Has there been another female performer who’s come close to being on Britney’s level?

Decided to answer with this 17-minute video worth every second:

There may be/have been better vocalists and/or sellers (though selling is sometimes VERY meaningless when it comes to quality) and it's common knowledge awards and charts have turned a blind eye to her smashing hits/albums too many times to count. But the energy and fierceness Britney has shown throughout the years is the definition of X-Factor. She does have the whole package: the looks, talent, attitude, charisma and that something else we can't exactly put into words.

Even Messy Jean has its good songs and yet something different she attempted at the time (WB was VERY unexpected from her back then, especially as a lead single), so there can only be added that her other records are a perfect mark of what Britney herself reinvented as high level pop in each era. Every single album has got at least one hit song (not necessarily #1 on BB, but definitely hit material, even GH:MP and TSC!

Musical production is impeccable and visual directing, just as much: her videography is almost immaculate (if it wasn't for Make Me (The Version That Worked for Larry Rudolph and Team Con). Her tours are top-notch incredible, having left a bunch of big industry names impressed, and more especifically when I watch the Intro and the Break the Ice Segue of TCSBS Tour I get so many shivers that I think I'm gonna have a seizure.

I never knew of another pop performer who could put on a show/performance quite like her: with back flips, fluid **** moves, sharp choreo + creative tech and the iconic hairflips (maybe Janet could jump too back then, someone please educate me (LOVE her but don't know that much about her older performances/tours...) Though I consider Janet more of an R&B star, despite various pop moments/elements. So yeah, I maintain my opinion re "female pop star").

Brinny is the real deal - as real as it gets -, she knows the industry inside-out more than 95% of other pop acts. Let's not forget she's always been called extremely professional by basically everyone she's worked with, down to earth and so humble that it's as if she had no idea the huge name she carries (which we now know has been true for a long time, unfortunately).

So, no. She is the one and only, Britney Spears :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Edited by vitortruono
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, YeezusChrist said:

BoA, aka the Queen of K-Pop

yeah people are sleeping on her hardcore. she's been in the game forever and successfully broken records and crossed markets the entire time. the world's racism toward asians knows no bounds tbh.

Edited by ---
  • Love 1
  • Like 1
48 minutes ago, vitortruono said:

Decided to answer with this 17-minute video worth every second:

There may be/have been better vocalists and/or sellers (though selling is sometimes VERY meaningless when it comes to quality) and it's common knowledge awards and charts have turned a blind eye to her smashing hits/albums too many times to count. But the energy and fierceness Britney has shown throughout the years is the definition of X-Factor. She does have the whole package: the looks, talent, attitude, charisma and that something else we can't exactly put into words.

Even Messy Jean has its good songs and yet something different she attempted at the time (WB was VERY unexpected from her back then, especially as a lead single), so there can only be added that her other records are a perfect mark of what Britney herself reinvented as high level pop in each era. Every single album has got at least one hit song (not necessarily #1 on BB, but definitely hit material, even GH:MP and TSC!

Musical production is impeccable and visual directing, just as much: her videography is almost immaculate (if it wasn't for Make Me (The Version That Worked for Larry Rudolph and Team Con). Her tours are top-notch incredible, having left a bunch of big industry names impressed, and more especifically when I watch the Intro and the Break the Ice Segue of TCSBS Tour I get so many shivers that I think I'm gonna have a seizure.

I never knew of another pop performer who could put on a show/performance quite like her: with back flips, fluid **** moves, sharp choreo + creative tech and the iconic hairflips (maybe Janet could jump too back then, someone please educate me (LOVE her but don't know that much about her older performances/tours...) Though I consider Janet more of an R&B star, despite various pop moments/elements. So yeah, I maintain my opinion re "female pop star").

Brinny is the real deal - as real as it gets -, she knows the industry inside-out more than 95% of other pop acts. Let's not forget she's always been called extremely professional by basically everyone she's worked with, down to earth and so humble that it's as if she had no idea the huge name she carries (which we now know has been true for a long time, unfortunately).

So, no. She is the one and only, Britney Spears :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

THIS. :bedtime_britney_book_Reading:

Janet is really the only other female artist who is on the same level as Britney was in her prime. Or really, I should say that Britney is the only other artist who was on the same level as Janet (since Miss Jackson paved the way). There hasn't been anyone after Britney and since she has basically retired now, Janet is still carrying that mantle on her back well into her 50s.

Dua is my fave of all the new girls but she's still nowhere on the same level as those two.

If Zara Larsson had better music I think she could have really been big because she's a great vocalist and performer (it helps she's an actual dancer) and is totally gorgeous. Love Me Land was Future Nostaligia level pop brilliance but was completely overlooked. 

No. The current Generation isn't really doing choreo like that and they aren't really creative on stage either.

I would say Pink/Beyonce are as talented as Britney when it comes to performing but if i would have to pick between pink, Beyonce and Britney in her prime I would Pick Britney. Shakira is great bur she has been doing almost the same choreo + remixes since 2002.  PCD imo are on a higher Level as dancers but Britney's stage presence is better. Kylie Minogue and Taylor swift have amazing stages and stage presence but they lack the choreo.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block