Has there been another female performer who’s come close to being on Britney’s level?

Lady Gaga people hate to hear it as Britney fans but she is the entire package . I love how when she sings live well it’s always live . And sounds exactly like her record .

Britney dances a bit harder etc etc so I can understand the lip syncing but Britney’s voice is very unique and one of its kind . There is room for more than one or two bad *** women z

• Like 2

Taylor Swift and you delusional fans will keep ignoring that.

Tour sales: Taylor has already the HIGHEST grossing tour by females EVER with her ERAs tour which will have more dates as international dates are yet to be announced. She surpassed Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour which has been the highest grossing female tour since 2009. Taylor easily outsells Britney. So Taylor, check.

Taylor currently has also sold over 200 million records worldwide, which is higher than Britney's official known records sold. Britney's number officially is around 100 million, though needs an update.

Relevancy, well obviously, she is the current IT girl in the music industry as she's breaking records left and right.

Though Taylor is and will never be known for her dancing, she, however, sings live. Something Britney doesn't. Her vocals have improved over the years. She will never be a powerhouse vocal talent but she delivers. 

So yeah, like it or not, hate Taylor or not, she already is doing FAR better than Britney ever has tickets and records wise.

Ps, this is in no way any shade towards Britney but is purely based on numbers and facts.

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Well part of being a succes is originality, so of course there is no other artist that scores the same in each and every one of those categories, but there's Cher, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Adele, Madonna, Beyonce, Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Janet Jackson, Shakira all incredibly succesfull women in pop history in their own way and with their own specific talents.

10 hours ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

I would say Lady Gaga and Beyoncé are in the same echelon for sure (controversial to say here, I know lol). 

In the new wave of pop girls I don’t think so. Dua Lipa is out there trying tho. 

Even though Dua doesn’t dance well (or much at all) she has a very beautiful, unique voice, catchy songs, and a good presence about her. She has a lot of potential. Her next album will determine whether she stays on top.

1 hour ago, TheGrandeLife said:

Well I had some expectations with Ariana Grande, the live singing version of music entertainement but even if it was a good start, the career did not even touch the level of Primeney.

Breathin GIF by Ariana Grande

Oh yeah… I forgot about Ariana LOL. 
I wish she would have incorporated a bit more choreography into her performances. She’s good at it when she does it! I forgot about her bc Positions was so underwhelming and she’s been hibernating with her husband for a year. 
And duh, Gaga & Beyoncé are in Britney’s lane. 💯

Edited by Loosenupthosebuttons
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Midnights said:

Taylor Swift and you delusional fans will keep ignoring that.

Tour sales: Taylor has already the HIGHEST grossing tour by females EVER with her ERAs tour which will have more dates as international dates are yet to be announced. She surpassed Madonna's Sticky and Sweet tour which has been the highest grossing female tour since 2009. Taylor easily outsells Britney. So Taylor, check.

Taylor currently has also sold over 200 million records worldwide, which is higher than Britney's official known records sold. Britney's number officially is around 100 million, though needs an update.

Relevancy, well obviously, she is the current IT girl in the music industry as she's breaking records left and right.

Though Taylor is and will never be known for her dancing, she, however, sings live. Something Britney doesn't. Her vocals have improved over the years. She will never be a powerhouse vocal talent but she delivers. 

So yeah, like it or not, hate Taylor or not, she already is doing FAR better than Britney ever has tickets and records wise.

Ps, this is in no way any shade towards Britney but is purely based on numbers and facts.

I was also going to say Taylor Swift, but she is in such a different lane compared to Britney. Taylor’s music focuses more on lyrics and storytelling whereas Britney has pure dance tracks that require a lot of athleticism to do. I hesitate to compare their success even though they both are pop stars. 

2 hours ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

I'm genuinely surprised that Doja Cat hasn't been nentioned as a performer, and neither has Rina Sawayama. Both of these are in a far closer vein to what Britney is/was as artists than some acts mentioned. 

Hmm that’s right: Doja Cat. I felt like the public was falling in love with her when she went AWOL and started being weird with fans on live and switching up her look to this strange bald alien no-eyebrow hybrid creature. That’s her choice, but it does alienate her from the GP since we feel like we can’t relate to her anymore. 

• Love 1

I think the only one that comes to mind is Gaga, she's like a whole package to me. I've never seen her live, but I believe I would if I could :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

Beyonce is not my cup of tea, her music is tasteless but she's a great performer. I just find her boring and trying too hard to be 'loved' by everyone 24/7 :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I used to like Taylor but these last couple of years I kindda got tired. She keeps breaking records all the time, but I feel she's becoming the MOST manufactured popstar ever created, even more than Britney. I find it so suspicious her desperation to debut #1 by selling at least a million records. I mean if you're really a #1 then you'll debut #1, there's no need to be desperate about it :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:

I think Britney offers me something the other acts do not. I still cannot put into words what I see in Britney but when I see her live it always feels like having an epiphany. She has SO much light and star power around her that it's impossible not to get hypnotized :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block