The most-searched music artists of 2022, according to Google. Where did your fave rank? Come in to find out!

DignifiedLove

Hello everyone! Joshyworld here! :qtbrit_britney_2015_smile_happy: 

Miss me? I thought so.  :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: 

Thought I'd kick off my long-awaited COMEBACK with yet another one of my signature year-end threads so without further ado, here is the official list of the most searched artists, WORLDWIDE, from the year 2022 according to Google.

In the brackets are each of these artists' gains/losses in comparison to the year prior, 2021. 

-----

Here is the official list! Drumroll please...

40. Elton John [DEBUT, +5]
39. Jimin [-12]
38. 2Pac [DEBUT, +5]
37. Snoop Dogg [DEBUT, +22]
36. Stray Kids [DEBUT, +15]
35. TWICE [-5]
34. Adele [BIGGEST DECLINE, -22]
33. The Weeknd [-12]
32. The Beatles [-6]
31. The xx [+1]
30. Dua Lipa [-2]
29. Ed Sheeran [-4]
28. Selena Gomez [-4]
27. Lady Gaga [-8]
26. Britney Spears [-16]
25. Madonna [+11]
24. Zendaya [+15]
23. Beyoncé [+6]
22. Ariana Grande [-17]
21. Coldplay [DEBUT, +35]
20. Queen [+11]
19. Jungkook [-4]
18. Drake [-2]
17. Jennifer Lopez [-4]
16. Billie Eilish [-13]
15. V [-4]
14. Shakira [DEBUT, +30]
13. Rihanna [+5]
12. Eminem [+5]
11. Bad Bunny [DEBUT, +36]

10. Michael Jackson [-2]
GettyImages-71761009_1529432818791_90240359_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

9. Justin Bieber [-3]
_125395498_gettyimages-1389439532.jpg

8. Harry Styles [+6]
harrystyles_rollingstone.png?resize=750,430&ssl=1

7. Elvis Presley [+29]
elvis-presley-gty-jef-170816_16x9t_992.jpg

6. XXXTENTACION [-4]
XXXTentacion-xxxtentacion-artist-42635097-796-420.jpg

5. BLACKPINK [-1]
blackpink.jpg?fit=800,450&ssl=1

4. Ye [+5]
220627085303-kanye-west-bet-0626.jpg?c=16x9&q=w_800,c_fill

3. Taylor Swift [+4]
taylorswift.jpg?fit=800,450&ssl=1

2. Will Smith [+38, HOTTEST GAIN]
220407192243-01-will-smith-file-032722.jpg?c=16x9&q=w_800,c_fill

1. BTS [=]
bts-military-service-800x450.jpg

Source:
Google Trends

2021 & 2020 lists attached for reference:

Happy? Sad? Shocked? Surprised? Let us know in the comments below. :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

Top 10 Most Searched Female Solo Artists and/or Female Groups:
1. Taylor Swift
2. BLACKPINK
3. Rihanna
4. Shakira
5. Billie Eilish
6. Jennifer Lopez 
7. Ariana Grande
8. Beyoncé
9. Zendaya
10. Madonna

(and no MPG status for Dula Peep ONCE again @Blackout2006 @CrazyButItFeelsAllright :chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass:)

----

Top 10 Most Searched Male Solo Artists and/or Male Groups:
1. BTS
2. Will Smith
3. Ye
4. XXXTENTACION
5. Elvis Presley
6. Harry Styles
7. Justin Bieber
8. Michael Jackson
9. Bad Bunny (officially a MAIN POP GUY yaaass :bouncey:)
10. Eminem

----

And here are the artists who missed the Top 40 cut:
41. Doja Cat
42. Nicki Minaj
43. LISA
44. Cardi B
45. Travis Scott
46. Jennie
47. Olivia Rodrigo
48. Miley Cyrus
49. Katy Perry
50. Lana Del Rey
51. Kendrick Lamar
52. Sia
53. Bruno Mars
54. Freddie Mercury
55. Chris Brown
56. Aaron Carter :fakecry_christina_aguilera_xtina_crying_tears_wipe_sad:

Edited by Joshyworld
  • Haha 2
  • Super Mods

Omg @Joshyworld! :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: It has been too long. So much has changed… I’m a Super Mod now! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: It’s so good to have you back in time for the Exhale Music Awards.

And of course you’ve been fast at work planning your comeback with this thread! Girl, you’ve done it again! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Like last year, I will yet again comment with shock that XXXtenacion is ranked as high on this list despite him well, you know. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Poor Dua! Sad that her streams haven’t converted to higher search term placement. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

• Love 3
1 hour ago, princessmimi said:

Hey long time no see,

Wow its amazing how even though Britney debuted in the 90s,

she's still one of the most searched singers on the web.

That says alot about her longevity.

I missed you!!!!!! OMFG I will be making a press conference to explain why I was away. Stay tuned.  giphy.gif

And yes, it's quite incredible to see Britney rank fairly high. Her, Shakira, JLo and Madonna are the only female artists who debuted in the 20th century to be in the Top 40. Legends only. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

53 minutes ago, Style. said:

Nicki Minaj higher than the IT girls? This is too much for a washed up act, when will she retire?
spacer.png
Glad to see the MVP Britney Spears making the list so effortlessly! I mean, others are paying outlets to stay relevant… :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, welcome back Digni! :kiss_britney_blowing_pink_candies:

Longevity is synonymous with Nicki's name at this point. The fact that she ranked higher than Doja, Cardi and the rest of the current female rappers also says a lot. Queen tingz.  :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

49 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

Dua stays unbothered :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome back ***** :clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

Manifesting ha Top 10 entry.  :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

Spoiler

Oh and thank you. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: 

Appreciated the advocacy. :wink_britney_everytime_white:

51 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

You're finally back r@+ omg hi :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:  

Missed u r@+ :drag_tiffany_ny_new_york_miss_ms_fight_pull_push_mad:

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Love 3
2 hours ago, SlayOut said:

Omg @Joshyworld! :katycry_perry_crying_tears_sad_sobbing: It has been too long. So much has changed… I’m a Super Mod now! :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: It’s so good to have you back in time for the Exhale Music Awards.

And of course you’ve been fast at work planning your comeback with this thread! Girl, you’ve done it again! :urite_wendy_williams_red_yes_earrings_nod_proud_wow_impressed:

Like last year, I will yet again comment with shock that XXXtenacion is ranked as high on this list despite him well, you know. :nysassy_miss_ny_ms_new_york_tiffany_pollard_cigarette_smoke_nod:

Poor Dua! Sad that her streams haven’t converted to higher search term placement. :awww_sarcastic_pout_britney_2006ney_idc_poor:

I feel like so much happened while I was away. Slayer, Urban and Pokemon stepping down?! You and Glitter becoming mods. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: And now an Exhale Awards before I got the chance to announce my new era? What in the love of pot roast is going on? :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: But yes, have no fear! :iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi: Exhale's beloved ICON, hall of famer and 24x Exhale Award winner  is finally back...and with vengeance. :queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: 

Stay tuned for more! pJfnEP6.gif

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Blackout2006 said:

No promoted music this year but still in the top 20 :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh: Now see, when you're the biggest Gen Z popstar with the second highest-grossing female tour of the year:shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Sure, Ms. Eyelash may be the biggest gen-z artist out there but ha downfall is tragique sis. Dropping 12 spots in the span of a year isn't something to be proud of but do you boo. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh:

Travis Scott's DOWNFALL :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas: The world is healing :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

As an ex-fan of both Travis and Kanye, I couldn't be more happier. :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:  Once Kanye is finally out of the Top 20, the world will come full circle. :yesplease_yas_agree_preach:

BRITNEY GRACING THE LIST FOR THE FOURTH TIME IN A ROW :scalped_wind_storm_blowing_sand_dirt_desert_holding_on:

PurrT :iwin_walk_flash_camera_runway_paparazzi:

Taylor :icant_toxic_britney_window_jump_fall: She keeps winning, I CAN'T stand it

Even I can't deny her longevity at this point :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Yes I know who the Stray Kids are :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:

Naurr but who are they :heresthetea_reading_telling_glasses_talking_preaching_facts_paper_wendy_williams:XbxHjez.gif

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block