Britney indirectly responds to Millie Bobby Brown saying she'd like to play Britney in a movie: dude I’m not dead

Do I think it is a bit far and overreacting? Yes. Do I feel I would probably become this way if I had been in an industry where everyone knew I was held captive and simply stood and watched? 

I know MBB was a girl, but what I mean is that I understand these type of comments come off as exploitative to Britney. Now they care about her story. Ha!

2 hours ago, NnlovesGodney said:

People need to stop trying to creat controversy when it comes to Britney… honestly it’s getting really tired. She’s clearly talking about her parents, not Millie! The lengths that people will go too, is beyond me!

Nope. She’s talking about both. The movie part is about Millie and then she talks about her parents and the world preferring she’s dead. 

39 minutes ago, fays1 said:

I am against doing a movie about Britney, specially at the moment, but lets be realistic..

Isnt all movies based on a true storie done without consent? Even if Britney gave consent, shes including everyone around her and she wont be taking their consent right?

And its very biased for a person to be involved in a movie about themselves. They could have blind spots and biases, or even intentionally change the truth.

The only reason Madonna is involved in her movie is because she heard alot of people were starting to do a movie about her, and she decided to do it herself before they did. But Madonna never wanted to do a movie about herself in the first place.

all movies? no. some? yes. the thing with britney is she had her ability to consent to anything for the last 13 years taken away from her. her story should be something that only comes from her. 

all "based on a true story" shows/movies/docs are exactly what you've described though. they make up details, fill in gaps, change the narrative to make it more entertaining. that's the nature of entertainment. at least with the subject involved, you have some semblance of reality.

yeah, madonna is doing it herself because she doesn't want anyone telling her story except for her. exactly what britney is saying and deserves. 

6 hours ago, easy said:

all movies? no. some? yes. the thing with britney is she had her ability to consent to anything for the last 13 years taken away from her. her story should be something that only comes from her. 

all "based on a true story" shows/movies/docs are exactly what you've described though. they make up details, fill in gaps, change the narrative to make it more entertaining. that's the nature of entertainment. at least with the subject involved, you have some semblance of reality.

yeah, madonna is doing it herself because she doesn't want anyone telling her story except for her. exactly what britney is saying and deserves. 

Yes all movies based on a true story are done without consent, they might ask for consent of the main character, but the majority of the characters involved did not give consent.

I know movies who say "based on true story" are not accurate, im saying its also not accurate for a person to tell their own story because no matter what, you will always want to show yourself in a good light, insert your own narrative, and have biases. I would personally like Britney to tell her own story from her view, but generally speaking, its not perfect either.

And yes im against anyone doing a movie on Britney for the reasons you stated, even if Britney had always had her freedom. But its a fact that her public story will always be part of history in the future, just like how Marilyn's story is part of history.

• Like 1

sorry I don't understand people being mad at her for this. Maybe it's because I don't like biopics but she's completely right. Just a few weeks ago people were complaining about Marilyn's movie and how wrong it was, can't people see why Britney doesn't want to reenact traumatic events that way? 

Yes, Elton made a biopic while still alive. Madonna is also making one. But Britney is not them! she's a different person and she might not want to do this, at least not at the moment. she doesn't even want an interview, because it goes beyond that. 

• Like 2

Elton and Madonna are not private people,  they live it for the cameras, that's because they came from that era, the whole world is a stage. 

Britney is extremely private and very shy. 

She unfortunately didn't get the memo of what Public figure meant  

She reminds me of Malin of Ace of Base, wants to make music and perform and talk About the latest projects and the inspiration behind it (to an extent) but not the superficial gossip stuff,cos that's nobody business. 

However American press and us to an extreme degree,  forced it in those questions of that stuff, to the point well some people bow out to go back to being anonymous cos that's not what they signed up for at all. 

• Love 1
  • Leader
58 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

PopCrave posted on Twitter about this and people are dragging Britney.

This is y’all fault for always assuming…making threads in here and Breathe Heavy posting it on Twitter… same thing as Selena, you guys are to blame for. 

Can you explain to me what Britney means then about people making movies if it’s not about MBB? If I’m assuming wrong I’m open to being corrected. 

6 minutes ago, Jordan Miller said:

Can you explain to me what Britney means then about people making movies if it’s not about MBB? If I’m assuming wrong I’m open to being corrected. 

Assumptions are uncalled for whether they are correct or incorrect, especially now when the GP isn’t fondly on Britney, just like with the Selena Gomez situation, you have a platform and responsibility. Putting Britney under the spotlight like that will only feed others to come after her.

I think the biggest mistake she is making is treating Instagram as a therapist when the only thing she’ll get back is vitriol. I get that she wants to release a decade of hurt she’s held inside, but ig is not the platform.
So much nuance is lost when trying to put across a message in limited text, to anyone not fully in the know about her circumstances, she’s coming off all wrong.

• Love 1
  • Leader
17 minutes ago, Daniela.tomasseli said:

Assumptions are uncalled for whether they are correct or incorrect, especially now when the GP isn’t fondly on Britney, just like with the Selena Gomez situation, you have a platform and responsibility. Putting Britney under the spotlight like that will only feed others to come after her.

Ok but you didn't actually clarify? I'm not putting Britney in a bad light. Those are HER words. She's responding directly to news that comes out about her. Not sure why you're coming for me because Twitter trolls are spewing their same ol' garbage. 

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block