What was Exhale like 10 years ago?

GlitterRain

13 hours ago, GlitterRain said:

:queenie_falling_dying_dead:

There was also this person who pretended to be a woman, Jade, then got exposed as a man, Gabriel. He and Flopga ended up dating and were leaking their own  s e x  tapes on here and making gifs of it.

They hacked the site too and got it shut down a couple of times, this one time they just plastered a Beyonce banner on the main page.

There was a point system too, which you could earn point by posting or playing games in the arcade section. They were games like Mahjong and stuff like that, I think I even had the highest score on one of the games at one point.

With those points you could buy things from the shop like change another users username, avatar, or signature. So needless to say that Flopga and Jadebriel were always changing people's names and avi's.

These were some common ones they used...

thumb_www-morphlhing-com-where-did-the-m

d29lgen-fe3f043d-419b-4c1c-af16-51c66775

Then there was this user Floptinafan who was always having beef with Honeymouth (I was convinced they were the same person, cuz I knew Floptinafan before the name change from Bubbles).

Then we had dumb things like the Exhell Awards :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

• Love 1
  • Haha 8
  • Super Mods
5 minutes ago, Britney'sBish said:

There was also this person who pretended to be a woman, Jade, then got exposed as a man, Gabriel. He and Flopga ended up dating and were leaking their own  s e x  tapes on here and making gifs of it.

They hacked the site too and got it shut down a couple of times, this one time they just plastered a Beyonce banner on the main page.

There was a point system too, which you could earn point by posting or playing games in the arcade section. They were games like Mahjong and stuff like that, I think I even had the highest score on one of the games at one point.

With those points you could buy things from the shop like change another users username, avatar, or signature. So needless to say that Flopga and Jadebriel were always changing people's names and avi's.

These were some common ones they used...

thumb_www-morphlhing-com-where-did-the-m

d29lgen-fe3f043d-419b-4c1c-af16-51c66775

Then there was this user Floptinafan who was always having beef with Honeymouth (I was convinced they were the same person, cuz I knew Floptinafan before the name change from Bubbles).

Then we had dumb things like the Exhell Awards :tifflmao_lol_haha_hehe_miss_new_york_laugh_ms_tiffany_pollard_cackle:

Omg :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

We were allowed to have signatures of any size which I miss. I loved making “sets” which were an avatar and signature that matched/were coordinated together. Often times, users would have a pretty big gif as their signature and then their icon would be a gif that would match the theme. For example, I remember having a Slave 4 U and Gimme More sets I made. 

Also, images of 95% naked men were super common here. Even I used to have inappropriate sets of hot guys. I was a teen at the time who definitely didn’t realize how inappropriate it was. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Like imagine coming for Britney news and basically seeing newdes instead. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

It was like the wild wild west. I miss how the internet was 10-15 years ago. It felt more alive, more exciting, freer. I’m sure it’s ironic that I say this as a moderator whose job it is to enforce rules that makes the site less chaotic and free, but I also think it’s important for people to feel safe and welcome. It was so common to see people’s identities exposed by others, to see death threats, to see really gross language about Britney. I definitely don’t miss that stuff. 

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
1 minute ago, Urbanney said:

images of 95% naked men were super common here. Even I used to have inappropriate sets of hot guys. I was a teen at the time who definitely didn’t realize how inappropriate it was. :orangu_orangutan_ape: Like imagine coming for Britney news and basically seeing newdes instead. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

I don’t think I would have had a problem with it :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

• Haha 1

Been here since 2007! My original account got banned/deleted by a moderator that lived in her car and apparently went to Jordan's house mad :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: I disliked her a lot :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Anyway, it was SOOOO much fun back then. This place had soooooo many active members and there were a lot of great people. It was such a community.

We could have signatures like Urbanney said above and I also loved the matching sets we could have. We'd all list our friends in our signatures here. There would be 'Karma', which is your reputation (similar to getting 'love/like' reactions but better).

There was a lack of moderation, basically nothing and this place was CRAZY. Jordan wasn't active here at all, he would write the main page posts and disappear. He's waaaaay more active now than he used to be, which I think is a good thing, I think the site needed that back then, so it's good he's doing it now.

People would do massive exposures of fellow members and would find out their real identities and post them here. People would make fun of how members looked etc :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Extremely funny/crazy trolls, Long Island Kid, Powerpuff Girls, Queen Flopga, etc.

P-rn would be SPAMMED here and it'd literally be in the thread titles too. 

People here were extremely savage and got away with absolutely everything, it truly was Exhell. However, at the same time it was so much fun back then and I have some amazing memories.

It was suuuuuuper active back in 2007-2009, there was always news. Britney was always doing something, it truly was insane here in 2007. We were literally worried about Britney's life and if she'd be okay because of the paps never leaving her alone. People truly believed they'd wake up to the news she passed away, it was that crazy.

I'll never forget being here the first time she was hospitalised :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: We were all so worried and it was heartbreaking.

The fights between members here were INTENSE and absolutely insane, the lashings that people would get :dead_falling_wig_dying:

I don't miss the exposures, the attacks on people and their appearances, the death threats, the lack of moderation etc. I didn't like how some people spoke about Britney. However, I do miss how fun this place was, but the behaviour that was allowed should never have been allowed. The internet and the world was a different place back then.

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Super Mods
3 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Been here since 2007! My original account got banned/deleted by a moderator that lived in her car and apparently went to Jordan's house mad :makeup_kylie_jenner_makeup_brush_lol_laugh_haha_hehe_lmao: I disliked her a lot :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Anyway, it was SOOOO much fun back then. This place had soooooo many active members and there were a lot of great people. It was such a community.

We could have signatures like Urbanney said above and I also loved the matching sets we could have. We'd all list our friends in our signatures here. There would be 'Karma', which is your reputation (similar to getting 'love/like' reactions but better).

There was a lack of moderation, basically nothing and this place was CRAZY. Jordan wasn't active here at all, he would write the main page posts and disappear. He's waaaaay more active now than he used to be, which I think is a good thing, I think the site needed that back then, so it's good he's doing it now.

People would do massive exposures of fellow members and would find out their real identities and post them here. People would make fun of how members looked etc :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

Extremely funny/crazy trolls, Long Island Kid, Powerpuff Girls, Queen Flopga, etc.

People here were extremely savage and got away with absolutely everything, it truly was Exhell. However, at the same time it was so much fun back then and I have some amazing memories.

It was suuuuuuper active back in 2007-2009, there was always news. Britney was always doing something, it truly was insane here in 2007. We were literally worried about Britney's life and if she'd be okay because of the paps never leaving her alone. People truly believed they'd wake up to the news she passed away, it was that crazy.

I'll never forget being here the first time she was hospitalised :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad: We were all so worried and it was heartbreaking.

The fights between members here were INTENSE and absolutely insane, the lashings that people would get :dead_falling_wig_dying:

I don't miss the exposures, the attacks on people and their appearances, the death threats, the lack of moderation etc. I didn't like how some people spoke about Britney. However, I do miss how fun this place was, but the behaviour that was allowed should never have been allowed. The internet and the world was a different place back then.

Omg! It sounds like it was very intense!!!:mae_fire_explosion_dead_spiderman_old_woman:

• Haha 1
55 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Was this Kayla? :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

I don't miss the exposures

I do. :snort_spoon_powder_glasses: I remember when someone's (naming no names) newdz got leaked in General and everyone nicknamed them mushroom. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

• Haha 2

OMG you’re talking about Kayla Brackson, I remember her!!! I actually think I’m still friends with her on Facebook haha.

I’ve been here since 2006 and I’ve had sooo many accounts banned, especially in the early years for stupid things. I don’t think it was Kayla though that banned me.

• Haha 1
58 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I actually got in contact with Long Island Kid a few times and we use to talk on the phone. He was actually a really nice guy.

Crazy how some members actually became “friends”.

• Haha 1
52 minutes ago, britney fkn spears said:

Tell us her username 

18 minutes ago, Damon said:

Yes it was her :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: Her username was KBrackson.

She hated me and one day she banned and deleted my account :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

17 minutes ago, Sia said:

OMG you’re talking about Kayla Brackson, I remember her!!! I actually think I’m still friends with her on Facebook haha.

Yes, I am talking about her! I'm very sorry to hear you have her on facebook :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, Damon said:

I do. :snort_spoon_powder_glasses: I remember when someone's (naming no names) newdz got leaked in General and everyone nicknamed them mushroom. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

Was this Charlie?! :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

Do you remember that annoying blonde girl sarah? :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

19 minutes ago, Sia said:

I’ve been here since 2006 and I’ve had sooo many accounts banned, especially in the early years for stupid things. I don’t think it was Kayla though that banned me.

18 minutes ago, Sia said:

I actually got in contact with Long Island Kid a few times and we use to talk on the phone. He was actually a really nice guy.

Oh wow! Was this recently?

I actually made some really good friends here. There were two really nice Jack's here!

Do you remember that C-Jay?! Who ended up being a cat-fish :queenie_falling_dying_dead:

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Sia said:

wait LIK was that super skinny young guy, right? or am I mistaking him with someone else? he was messy af though

12 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Yes it was her :gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted: Her username was KBrackson.

She hated me and one day she banned and deleted my account :grimace_judging_judge_squint_ew_gross_red_white_annoyed:

Yes, I am talking about her! I'm very sorry to hear you have her on facebook :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

Omg we should invite her for an AMA or whatever theyre called. I would love a Q and A with the old staff around here LOL

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block