Why did Lady Gaga get applause for ending her show due to weather yet Britney got booed by fans for doing the exact same thing?

Culture has evolved somewhat and now people are used to hearing celebs talking on social media, so maybe they view them more as people as opposed to just a product. If I recall correctly, Britney only got through 3 songs at that show? So the fans only got a taste and wanted much more whereas Gaga at this show apparently got through most of her set. 

Because Gaga had already sung every song except for Rain On Me and that Hold My Hand song nobody cares about, so the concert was almost over anyway. Rain On Me was the best part of the show though, so I would’ve been mad. I went to the Houston show last week, so i was the last person to see the full Chromatica Ball :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Lady Gaga has a huge social media platform to clear things up instantly. Britney didn’t back then.

I feel like this can be true to a certain extent. 
Though I personally find extremely irritating how Gaga uses her tears for every little thing (B has had 10+ years of pure hell yet never shed a tear publicly - she‘s only shown her strength), I think Britney needs to put her thoughts into words in a way that can be easy to understand but still be able to express her feelings 100%. This can certainly be said about Gaga. I remember Brit used to write posts on her website during 2005-2006 and I always thought they were well written, profound and mature. 

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
Just now, Annabanana said:

Don't know but it sure was messed up how the fans booed her back then... At least she performed five songs when she could have just cancelled the entire show. In Stages you can see how much pressure people were putting on her to make a decision. 

Right? The audacity to get upset at her and boo when she was just being safe.

• Love 2

It's not in the hands of the artists to give refunds and so on is not even in their hands to say to move on with a concert. It's the regulations of the country, state and ticket seller.

So instead of making this about Britney and Gaga rather make it about mass events in countries or regions where storms with lighting are common and not having a stadium with a (movable) ceiling bring a hazard for such events and still they take place there.

And why people booed at Britney I think is quite simple.

1. Only concert so many flew in or came just for her from all around Mexico 

2. She only got through 5 songs instead of 80% of the set

3. Normality of storms in Mexico, even though in the end it was the right decision

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Well Gaga is different than Britney lets be real. Gaga came back to stage talked to the people and explained what was going on and her concerns. Britney just up and left without a Thank you or anything.

So yes the response is different.  Also people can say what they want about Gaga but this Tour was a smash and completely sold out in every show. Gaga is a very genuine person and people just cant stand it and call her fake. Its childish 

Didn’t Britney say ‘I’m sorry Mexico, bye and I love you’ before leaving the stage?

1 hour ago, pieceofphil said:

It's not in the hands of the artists to give refunds and so on is not even in their hands to say to move on with a concert. It's the regulations of the country, state and ticket seller.

So instead of making this about Britney and Gaga rather make it about mass events in countries or regions where storms with lighting are common and not having a stadium with a (movable) ceiling bring a hazard for such events and still they take place there.

And why people booed at Britney I think is quite simple.

1. Only concert so many flew in or came just for her from all around Brazil 

2. She only got through 5 songs instead of 80% of the set

3. Normality of storms in Brazil, even though in the end it was the right decision

Brazil? It was Mexico.

2 hours ago, kingofnowhere said:

Different time different country. From a cultural aspect, people in other countries don’t stay home or let thunderstorms keep them from doing whatever it may be, unlike the US, where we will use any excuse to go home.😂 Not saying it’s good to do an outdoor show when it’s lightning, but you get the point. 

it's more about this

people's reasoning is "if I'm willing to stay under the rain, why can't the artist?" without stopping to think about the safety concerns or the technical malfunctions that may occur with all the electrical equipment, etc.

In fact, it's more strange that a crowd would applaud an artist for cancelling the show. The natural is to be upset, even if they understand the circumstances, because people have been waiting for that moment, probably they don't have the possibility to go on a different day in case it gets rescheduled. In Britney's case, it not only wasn't rescheduled but even the organizers of the show were very late in the reimbursement of the tickets (that has nothing to do with the artist, but it's just very common here in Mexico that once you pay for a ticket, you'll rarely see your money back in case something happens).

I went to a concert last week, but it was supposed to happen two weeks before. It was rescheduled due to some safety concerns about some terrorist attacks we had in the region, and people were going nuts on social media when they made the announcement because a lot of people were traveling from other places, they already had their plane tickets, the hotel reservations, pto's, etc, they couldn't just change everything at last minute. It's just normal to be upset about these things, but that's always the risk with these events.

OV7, a Mexican pop group just cancelled this past Saturday's concert, and it was announced that same day in the morning, due to a huge storm. The new date is scheduled on May 2023 lol I doubt people were happy, but what else can they do.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Xtianlovebritneyy said:

Gaga show was almost over. Just 5 remaining songs.

britney just did 3 or 5 songs that’s why 

THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE BC 😓

literally every fan fave deepcut was done

& most of the big singles 😂

but britney had stop at 5 bc the storm hit earlier than at gaga’s show 😔

love them both they slay so much :bouncey:

also plastic doll by gaga could have featured Britney bc the song is about how they’re not someone’s (in britney’s case the paparazzi’s or her family’s) plastic doll 😂

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, aoki.loid said:

THAT MAKES A LOT OF SENSE BC 😓

literally every fan fave deepcut was done

& most of the big singles 😂

but britney had stop at 5 bc the storm hit earlier than at gaga’s show 😔

love them both they slay so much :bouncey:

also plastic doll by gaga could have featured Britney bc the song is about how they’re not someone’s (in britney’s case the paparazzi’s or her family’s) plastic doll 😂

I love them both too! They can’t control the weather :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block