New UNSEEN Glory album photoshoot pics!

Ugh she’s so incredibly brilliant.  It’s no wonder they didn’t allow her to use these pictures.  So many messages.

the chains - she was a prisoner

the room - again, prisoner to her home

The bars on the windows - no escape

the vacuum - Cinderella-esque slave

the wrecked car - possible message regarding her family using her bad driving as an excuse for needing a conservatorship.

Single room alone in the desert - she felt isolated and alone

turned over chair, insulation on the ground, shoes on the ground, car bumper - overall her life seemed perfect, but she felt the chaos

the ear (?) - are you listening?

maybe I’m thinking too hard, but we know she’s brilliant.

• Love 6

Did anyone else see the significance of the “Ear” & “Chains” in the one of the first photos?!? 
The Ear possibly symbolizing listening (audio recordings) in on Britney and The Chains representing The Conservatorship and all the restraints placed upon her.   David LaChappelle really sprinkled some Breadcrumbs. Hmm... 🧐 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, jamesedward94 said:

I’m sure she most definitely wanted to release it but her team sabotaged her…

You think?? That's why we got the new "Glory" cover with one of those, right?

I guess what I meant is... She gives her all once, and then never looks back. That seems to be a constant in her life. She's an "spontaneous artist". She does NOT like planning or going for too long with one thing... If you missed it, your loss hah. That's why getting a second cover with an unreleased picture was such an exception and a treat!

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Matou said:

AMAZING ! :bouncey:

The only shot I don't get is this one :

05.jpg

The aftermath of terrible events, such as a car crash, are often seen as relating to personal reputation. The car wrecks you see could be representing Britney's personal life. And the damage could result from the people around her while her public image stays untouched.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Matou said:

AMAZING ! :bouncey:

The only shot I don't get is this one :

05.jpg

My favs :

06.jpg02.jpg

So if im correct, the carcrash was a sculpture that LaChapelle had exhibited before titled The Crash. It was comprised of Luxury Cars, crushed and destroyed, in order to make the viewer rethink their understanding of luxury, and the value of the item now; a luxury car is an item to be seen, not to be used practically, a symbol of worth. If it is destroyed, what changes that? The parts are the same, the value, in theory should be the same, but it's use is removed. Furthermore, if a luxury car is destroyed, removing its worth, and then shown as an artpiece, its worth has changed once again.

Now, what does that have to do with Britney?

Britney rejected her popstar image publicly in 2007, by shaving her head and allowing herself to be seen candidly in tabloids and we know society viewed it then...

It's there we create the juxtaposition, Britney, as the artist, destroyed Britney, the brand or the Luxury Car, changing its worth, and yet she rebuilt it and reclaimed it, changing its worth once again. 

Therefore, LaChapelle and Britney coming together could be seen as a collaboration between two artists who understand the worth as a concept, and how to recontextualise its interpretation. 

• Love 8

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block