This Day in Pop: Britney Spears and Michael Jackson present the Best Pop Video Award at the VMA's 2002 (August 29)

britneyjackson.jpg.87307f649d6718112440a6e28e8be225.jpg039.jpg

On August 29, 2002, the MTV Video Music Awards 2002 were held at the Radio City Music Hall in New York. After an opening skit, Jimmy Fallon and no other than James Brown welcomed Britney Spears onstage, who introduced Michael Jackson and then, the two of them presented the winner of the Best Pop Video category (No Doubt).

Before that, Britney gave Michael a special award as a way of recognition for his birthday, however, Michael misinterpreted her words and believed he was getting honored as the Artist of the Millennium (it's not like he was far from that though).

Britney was nominated for three categories that night, but didn't win any of them:

• Best Female Video (I'm a Slave 4 U) - lost to Pink's Get This Party Started
  • Best Dance Video (I'm a Slave 4 U) - lost to Pink's Get This Party Started too
  • Best Choreography (I'm a Slave 4 U, Wade Robson) - lost to Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head (Michael Rooney)

This was the first VMA's ceremony that didn't count with a live performance by Britney Spears since her debut in 1999.

047.jpg

046.jpg

030.jpg

024.jpg

011.jpg

018.jpg

001.jpg

172.jpg

195.jpg

014.jpg

037.jpg

040.jpg

110.jpg

139.jpg

148.jpg

210.jpg

• Love 4

I'm still mad at MTV for exploiting her and her popularity so much with Tv specials, performances, interviews, documentaries, concerts, appearances, TRL, while not giving her any MTV VMA award until "Piece Of Me" for the 2008 organized and forced "comeback". **** MTV.  :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

Anyway she's iconic and this moment with the King Of Pop was legendary.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, SonOfSun said:

I'm still mad at MTV for exploiting her and her popularity so much with Tv specials, performances, interviews, documentaries, concerts, appearances, TRL, while not giving her any MTV VMA award until "Piece Of Me" for the 2008 organized and forced "comeback". **** MTV.  :rihit_rihanna_annoyed_throw_walk_away_bye_irritated_mad:

Anyway she's iconic and this moment with the King Of Pop was legendary.

The music industry is faker than ever. Glad she is not excited to be in front of these people anymore.

• Love 3
45 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:
  • Best Female Video (I'm a Slave 4 U) - lost to Pink's Get This Party Started
  • Best Dance Video (I'm a Slave 4 U) - lost to Pink's Get This Party Started too
  • Best Choreography (I'm a Slave 4 U, Wade Robson) - lost to Kylie Minogue's Can't Get You Out of My Head (Michael Rooney)

Big Brother Wtf GIF by Global TV

MY artist of the Millenium and then MJ believing MTV gave him that award :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block