(Un)popular opinion: “Glory” was a TERRIBLE album title and should have been titled “Invitation” instead

11 minutes ago, pedrobarcelos said:

Invitation would be a good name since a lot of songs has this theme (Invitation, Private Show, Slumber Party, Do U Wanna Come Over)

Slumber Party would be great too, imagine a whole slumberparty-themed photoshoot for the album 

Omg wait wtf I never realized slumber party would be an insane theme 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, pedrobarcelos said:

Invitation would be a good name since a lot of songs has this theme (Invitation, Private Show, Slumber Party, Do U Wanna Come Over)

Slumber Party would be great too, imagine a whole slumberparty-themed photoshoot for the album 

Wow… I just realized this. I think Better and Change Your Mind (No Seas Cortés) would fit too actually.  Could you imagine if that was the title and there was a whole visual album accompanying it? A few of the songs would have to get moved around.  

The gist would be Brit longing for, meeting, whooing, distrusting, and then leaving her new lover with empowered sense of self. Long shoots with moody lighting of Brit and videos that flow with story.  Even some campy parts cause thats her vibe. 

But like others Im cognizant of what has happened to her and know we would’ve never gotten this level of concept because she was held captive. 

I think she will get back at it maybe 2 or 3 more eras.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, GODYONCE IS A LEGEND said:

Objectively speaking — Baby, Oops and ITZ are her best album titles. Blackout and Circus too. While Blackout and Circus sound slightly tacky, those titles seem very fitting to what was going on in her personal life at that given moment so I can excuse it. As far as Baby and Oops, they both signified a very important moment in both her career and pop culture. I can’t imagine those titles being any different than how they are. ITZ was a brilliant title imo. Her 2010s album titles are where they fall extremely mediocre and sub-par. Britney Jean and Glory being her worst and most uninspired titles.

yeah i see your point. i agree. cause also oops was a bit of a play with the whole "im not a one hit wonder" but looking back they just seem so bland / tacky, but i guess it was ok at the time.

i just don't see how to justify glory then, nor now.

what about femme fatale what do you think of it?

Phenomenal album, but yeah I don’t love the title for that particular body of work.  Glory is a great title, but the album is so midtempo and **** that I think something else would’ve been better to describe the work as a whole.  “Do you Wanna Come Over?” Would’ve been a cool album title that hints at the ***ual themes of the album and it works with the first track being called “Invitation”.

27 minutes ago, pedrobarcelos said:

so agree with this. im here for slumber party.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block