(Un)popular opinion: “Glory” was a TERRIBLE album title and should have been titled “Invitation” instead

2 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Oops I did it again was actually an iconic name at the time for the album it just aged badly.

it was her second album and she literally did it again- broke MORE records, earned her second Diamond record, her career was bigger now the entire rollout and promo was heightened this was back when Britney was beloved and everywhere!

also a lot of critics thought Britney was going to be a one hit wonder, so when the girl came back with another hot album she was like “oops…I did it again :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile: after everyone thought I couldn’t!”

The Legendary Miss Britney Spears Music Video Britney GIF

yes this is completely accurate; it must’ve slipped my mind. but you are totally correct.

it was actually balsy too; a ******* icon…

• Love 1

I've always loved Glory as a title. I liked to think of it as the light version of Blackout since it included a track that was named literally Blackout in french. 

Funny enough, Blackout was her last album before the conservatorship (going into the dark, breaking down) and Glory the last one before getting out of it (finding the light, getting free) 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Richie said:

I've always loved Glory as a title. I liked to think of it as the light version of Blackout since it included a track that was named literally Blackout in french. 

Funny enough, Blackout was her last album before the conservatorship (going into the dark, breaking down) and Glory the last one before getting out of it (finding the light, getting free) 

Honestly it seems like the creation of the album reminded her in a deeper way of who she was, lighting a fire that lead to the reclamation of her rightful freedom. In that respect "Glory" is a very appropriate title indeed:mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block