(Un)popular opinion: “Glory” was a TERRIBLE album title and should have been titled “Invitation” instead

imma go on out on a limb and say that basically all of her album tittles are mediocre.

- baby + oops + ITZ: zero creativity as its basically just the lead single...

- britney + bj: zero creativity as its basically just her name..

- blackout + circus: only good album tittles.

- glory: totally agree with you in the sense that its bland. invitation does not seem like a much better alternative but its definitely a bit better.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
Just now, leviathan said:

imma go on out on a limb and say that basically all of her album tittles are mediocre.

- glory: totally agree with you in the sense that its bland. invitation does not seem like a much better alternative but its definitely a bit better.

Femme Fatale was an iconic album name, especially as it shaped the accompanying tour into a spy thriller. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: I wish the FF music videos had also fit that theme, but it was really only Criminal. And maybe IWG since she was fighting Terminators.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

Femme Fatale was an iconic album name, especially as it shaped the accompanying tour into a spy thriller. :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink: I wish the FF music videos had also fit that theme, but it was really only Criminal. And maybe IWG since she was fighting Terminators.

omg i forgot about that album - but yes, it was a good album title but the theme was not present in the album and it was not present in her life.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, leviathan said:

Objectively speaking — Baby, Oops and ITZ are her best album titles. Blackout and Circus too. While Blackout and Circus sound slightly tacky, those titles seem very fitting to what was going on in her personal life at that given moment so I can excuse it. As far as Baby and Oops, they both signified a very important moment in both her career and pop culture. I can’t imagine those titles being any different than how they are. ITZ was a brilliant title imo. Her 2010s album titles are where they fall extremely mediocre and sub-par. Britney Jean and Glory being her worst and most uninspired titles.

• Like 3

I'm not the biggest fan of the name Glory but I don't agree with Invitation at all. I probably don't like the Glory name because it doesn't fit with the final artwork and visual identity we got. They tried to make it work illuminating the **** out of those print screens we ended up getting but it didn't work. After the rerelease with the David photoshoot cover it felt more cohesive to me and I started to appreciate it a lot more. BUT I agree with you in the point that they could have gone with a different name

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Exhaolic said:

A good title could have also been "Private Show"... don't drag me, I enjoy the song but it's not even for the song per sé! I think it's cool considering how intimate the album feels, even production-wise it gives me something like very simple vibes! :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Yes!! Private Show would have also been a strong contender. Both that and Invitation sound more fitting than Glory as titles.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block