Britney and Elton John's remix of "Hold Me Closer" has surfaced

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please do not share download links.

1 hour ago, RegularPepsi said:

So I’ve just listened to Hold Me Closer (I was trying to wait till midnight yesterday but it never dropped so I caved) 

I love the song,  the beat, the lyrics …smooth bop. The song has potential with gp to have longevity. 

I just wonder why she isn’t singing lower, in her deeper tone. It seems as if she’s reaching so high the whole song, and in my opinion doesn’t suit the chillness of the song. 
Vocals ala “Blur” or “Unusual You” I feel would suit the vibe of the song much more with a few of the breathy nuances currently in the song. 

**I’ve been a fan since ‘98 and will continue to be a die hard fan until the day I die. This isn’t an attack on Britney, I feel maybe the producer should have given more direction here**

Yes, I understand what you're saying and I have a couple other critiques with production, volume, mixing, but I am wondering if they want listener feedback and then fix whatever they feel is negative about the song. I was thinking this after I just posted in another thread.

And a healthy discussion involves seeing both sides. Releasing anything invites praise and criticism. There will never be a 100% consensus that everyone loves everything Brit puts out. It's a healthy outlook to see both views and not criticize ones you don't agree with, because those views conflict with yours. This isn't directed towards you, but to the other fans who are good being passionate fans, but not being compassionate towards others who think different.

I think her voice is misunderstood. Britney can sing low to high that’s the way her voice sounds. As she singing in a higher key she typically goes into head voice or falsetto, her chest voice is thinner tad nasally even tho she not trying to sound that way due to obvious reasons poor placement from baby voice has taken toll on her vocal cords so she’s going to strain sound higher pitched in a animated way. Of course she sounds most solid in her lower mid range because she’s an alto voice. But you can’t expect her to sing in low voice in all her music now. This song tbh I don’t think would sound good sung only in lower register it would lack any variation just fall flat especially since it’s dance song still. I think the bigger problem is her pitch appears higher because of the overly produced vocals. There’s definitely pitch correction and her vibrato is being drowned out in reverb. I can tell her voice sounds more natural than it usually does 

Beyonce fans didn’t share the leak they decided to wait for the actual release, you know so it can be a better impact & also respect the artist they admire :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

You guys are spoil, selfish, and ignorant. The audacity to be mad with Britney, when y’all listen to a song that was not intended to be listen to yet. & now that y’all have listen to it, spread it all over social media, y’all want her/them to release it & call her/them sloppy & unorganized :nochillbrit_britney_impatient_2008_annoyed_irritated_nope_smh_head_shaking_my_ftr_for_the_record_circus:

who knows what the plan was, if was intended for next week VMA weekend they might had something cool up their sleeves, but once again Britney selfish fan base ruin it 

I blame jordan also because he could have close the thread once people started to share the link. 

I mean do we even respect Britney? we really couldn’t wait to the actual release? 

Now everyone mad with her :idgi_dont_get_it_how_confused_what_hmm_umm_thinking:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1

guys right now coming home from work I'm listening to the song hold me closer and I'm crying with happiness to hear Britney's beautiful voice again after so many years

BUT.....where is Britney? All those bruises on her body when she "uploads" videos to Instagram...???? really you guys don't want to open their eyes, everyone enjoying and distracted with the new song and nobody say nothing.

12 hours ago, GODNA IS A QUEEN said:

Goodness, the absolute framing in here. Now I know how Britney must have felt in 2007. :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad: 

AND YES I should be able to defend and explain myself without being crucified or clowned !!!! If you don’t want to deal with my wrath, then simple — don’t quote me being all rude, entitled, arrogant and/or nasty over a literal opinion.

IM SCREAMING

• Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block