Britney and Elton John's remix of "Hold Me Closer" has surfaced

Message added by Jordan Miller,

Please do not share download links.

28 minutes ago, RegularPepsi said:

So I’ve just listened to Hold Me Closer (I was trying to wait till midnight yesterday but it never dropped so I caved) 

I love the song,  the beat, the lyrics …smooth bop. The song has potential with gp to have longevity. 

I just wonder why she isn’t singing lower, in her deeper tone. It seems as if she’s reaching so high the whole song, and in my opinion doesn’t suit the chillness of the song. 
Vocals ala “Blur” or “Unusual You” I feel would suit the vibe of the song much more with a few of the breathy nuances currently in the song. 

**I’ve been a fan since ‘98 and will continue to be a die hard fan until the day I die. This isn’t an attack on Britney, I feel maybe the producer should have given more direction here**

i personally am obsessed with the song but i'm also not deaf. i see some of what you mean. there is room for small improvements here and there but im waiting to hear the official launch to judge the officially released song.

if it happens that the leak is the final version then my comments are that it should be mixed a bit better as some of the volumes need to be adjusted a tiny bit and the first "hold me closer" Britney sings at about 45 seconds in makes me wonder if she's trying to intentionally be **** or she lost her breath a tiny bit.

there are also other small details i would polish a bit more, but overall i think the song is perfect as it is, it sounds raw, real and good. you can hear the emotions in her voice and its just a gift from life that we are listening to this song considering everything that has happened.

objectively speaking the song does have small technicalities that i feel should be improved but right now im just enjoying it. and its a great song tbh.

personally i have always loved tiny dancer by elton and many more of his songs. his songs make me cry easily and some of them are really relatable like "this train don't stop there anymore" so imagine me listening to britney singing his lyrics and to one of his most iconic songs... its just a dream for me. but yes i see some of your points.

just be a little more flexible and let britney have her fun and let us have our fun, the song does not need to be absolutely perfect.

love you boo.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

I wonder why it’s Britney songs that always have to be so heavily edited. I should be used to it by now. But it still disappoints me every time. Elton & Dua sounded like themselves on Cold Heart. 

I can only hear real Britney when she is singing "yeah" and "baby" over the track. This one sounds to me even more edited than what we are used to.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Trevah said:

News flash: This is how Britney Spears sounds. We've heard her voice in her Instagram videos, live and unedited- this is probably as close to her real voice we've heard in a long time. Similar to mood ring. 

THIS!!! 

We have to accept that she will never sound like she used to 30,20 or 10 years ago. 

She had to train the „Britney“ Voice which caused alot of damage to her natural voice, also she got older and took a lot of medicins…

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, leviathan said:

i personally am obsessed with the song but i'm also not deaf. i see some of what you mean. there is room for small improvements here and there but im waiting to hear the official launch to judge the officially released song.

if it happens that the leak is the final version then my comments are that it should be mixed a bit better as some of the volumes need to be adjusted a tiny bit and the first "hold me closer" Britney sings at about 45 seconds in makes me wonder if she's trying to intentionally be **** or she lost her breath a tiny bit.

there are also other small details i would polish a bit more, but overall i think the song is perfect as it is, it sounds raw, real and good. you can hear the emotions in her voice and its just a gift from life that we are listening to this song considering everything that has happened.

objectively speaking the song does have small technicalities that i feel should be improved but right now im just enjoying it. and its a great song tbh.

personally i have always loved tiny dancer by elton and many more of his songs. his songs make me cry easily and some of them are really relatable like "this train don't stop there anymore" so imagine me listening to britney singing his lyrics and to one of his most iconic songs... its just a dream for me. but yes i see some of your points.

just be a little more flexible and let britney have her fun and let us have our fun, the song does not need to be absolutely perfect.

love you boo.

I completely agree!!
The song is beautiful, and the lyrics fit her so well. It has this majestic beat. There’s an innocence in the song, a happiness in the sound but this nuance of sadness in the lyrics. A subtle reference to everything’s she’s been through but this airy feeling of letting go and a nod to rediscovering herself. Truly a great choice. Maybe I’m fanning out because that’s what I get listening to it given the journey we’ve been on with her 🤣 but oh well 

I love that we get to hear her voice and on her terms and the purity and rawness of how it sounds, but  ..in some spots, there’s just a few moments sonically that pull you from the vibe of the song that need refining. 

Ive loved tiny dancer too!!! Do you wish they would have somehow kept or worked in the instrumental(violin maybe?) that plays after he says “lay me down in sheets of linen” it’s part of what I love most about the chorus 🤣

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, RegularPepsi said:

I completely agree!!
The song is beautiful, and the lyrics fit her so well. It has this majestic beat. There’s an innocence in the song, a happiness in the sound but this nuance of sadness in the lyrics. A subtle reference to everything’s she’s been through but this airy feeling of letting go and a nod to rediscovering herself. Truly a great choice. Maybe I’m fanning out because that’s what I get listening to it given the journey we’ve been on with her 🤣 but oh well 

I love that we get to hear her voice and on her terms and the purity and rawness of how it sounds, but  ..in some spots, there’s just a few moments sonically that pull you from the vibe of the song that need refining. 

Ive loved tiny dancer too!!! Do you wish they would have somehow kept or worked in the instrumental(violin maybe?) that plays after he says “lay me down in sheets of linen” it’s part of what I love most about the chorus 🤣

that is such a good part from the original, maybe we'll get a "classical" version too. but tbh i love the disco vibe, its very groovy.

bottom line is we are just cherry picking at this point. the song is perfect.

• Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block