How do you feel about getting older being a Britney Spears fan ? (Growing up with Britney Spears)

I don’t consider myself a fan anymore in the way that I used to, it’s just that i am used to checking up on Britney and know so much about her after being a fan for almost two decades. 

but I have changed a lot and I respect people like Natalie Portman and Joaquin Phoenix for example. People who have empathy beyond just their own species, and are mindful, and try to learn and grow and try to be ethical and try to think about their place in this world world. Britney is hardly any of that and is very ignorant.  So yeah, can’t be a fan anymore in that way. I am not a fan of people anymore only because I think they are pretty and have nice songs. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Right now, I feel like I got cheated out of enjoying my favorite artist making new music/visuals/performances…because her trash former “team” and “family” destroyed her passion for her art.

Getting older though is kinda cool because I’m so much more comfortable with myself and my life.

• Love 2

It’s been interesting to see her rise to being the “it” girl to not being as relevant, at least in Hollywood or with younger people. I feel like my mom and dad when I used to make fun of them for liking irrelevant artists, at least artists I considered irrelevant at the time.

we get vintage shirts but only because they are vintage now lol it’s such a weird out of body experience. 

• Love 2
On 7/27/2022 at 2:46 PM, Freakshow__ said:

Being a fan since I was 9, now i'm 33. 

At one point I asked myself if I should relax a little and just become a regular fan but then I realized she makes me happy and this is MY life, MY rules... So i'm planing to stan until I die. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

As far as I’m concerned, if u truly love an artist, u don’t outgrow them, I will never outgrow Britney or Madonna the same way my dad hasn’t outgrown The Beatles or Ozzy, in fact he’s the one who bought me the Britney wall clock I have up in my living room cuz he gets it, lol

• Love 3
On 7/27/2022 at 1:46 PM, Freakshow__ said:

Being a fan since I was 9, now i'm 33. 

At one point I asked myself if I should relax a little and just become a regular fan but then I realized she makes me happy and this is MY life, MY rules... So i'm planing to stan until I die. :shameless_blush_blonde_hair_stroke_proud:

I love being a fan girl lol it's no different than grown men being obsessed with sports or players. Honey your stan card is stamped in permanent ink. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods

I have been a fan for 22 years and it has been probably the only long lasting artist ive been a fan of.

Ive gone through so many phases of liking other artists but somehow I always go back to Britney.

Although I feel like my relationship towards how I feel about Britney has changed within time.

Like before when I was a kid and teen, I mostly loved her music

but now as an adult who has been through traumatic and bad things like Britney, I feel like I can relate to her to a certain extent.

I feel like I have more respect for her now as a person than I did when I was younger.

Im happy to be a fan all my life

• Love 1

Being able to experience her entire pop career from beginning, all the ups and downs, eras and moments up until now has been so surreal. Like watching a movie being written and viewed at the same time. Britney’s life has literally been a movie. She always keeps us guessing, and who knows what she’s planning. I’m always looking forward to what’s new with her. 

• Love 2

I've been a HUGE  Britney fan since I was about 10. She's been a huge part of my life and she was my escape growing up. I was alone a lot  growing up and I'd lock myself in my room and listen tor her or watch videos of her.  I didn't realize that it was a part of me being gay, but I look back and she helped me get through it all. I also had to stop and think about not following her like that.  I always come back though, and I've accepted what she means to me.  

When it comes to now, I definitely feel older. When I was 10, madonna hadn't even been out for 20 years. Her name was huge and I thought she was old but very important. Britney has now been out for 24 years (from bomt).

In fact,  my last concert was a lana del rey concert and I was hanging with a random group of people. Eventually the we all started sharing who our first concert was. When it came to me,  I told them it was Britney Spears. One girl jumps up and says "I've been to a Britney Spears concert,  in my mom's stomach!"  That made me feel soooo old 😅

i'm 29 and i've been a fan since i was 11... that's 18 years of my life lol

sometimes i feel weird being on here discussing outfits and old songs over and over, but i understand that being a britney fan and being on exhale is part of who i am at this point. it's my hobbie and there's nothing wrong with that.

after everything that has happened and everything we've learned, i feel like i don't stan her like i used to. i mean i still love her and her music will always take me to my childhood and teen years, but back then i used to think i kind of "knew" her and had a special connection with her... now that i've grown up i understand she's a stranger, i have no idea what she's really like or how her life has been, no matter how many interviews i've watched (and i feel like i've watched them all...). nevertheless she will always have a special place in my heart and i feel like this way of stanning is more healthy and mature

mmmmm

im not scared like....if you have a young spirit thats what matters...

i make no apologies and i always shared that i liked her even when she was super unpopular

plus guys...30 or even 40 is not old...this needs to change

also old is ok

its a part of life. im in my 30s and dont feel old

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block