Madonna: This is what life looks like if you’re a woman living in America…

5 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Do conservatives deserve respect, they site the bible and report's state people are leaving church and religion cos what the conservatives did. 

They turned the bible upside down and made it a book of hate not of love. 

So no thank you. At this point it's a dictator, your cool as long as you are straight, if not, mental institution where you belong for being attracted to a fellow boy or a fellow girl.

That's is what's happening. 

If you change your personal beliefs because of someone else then there's another problem there... Faith is a personal issue.

20 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm tired of Madonna wanting to "start revolutions" (how many have there been so far??), being dragged on the floor, playing the misunderstood alien and the saviour of humanity, thinking she's saying some unheard truth and that she will change the world with a music video...... Girl chill, it's just pop music.

She's really gets brave every chance she gets it lol

18 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

yeah of course she stood up for the gays but also while being extremely controversial and voluntarily making conservatives mad, so it's not like she was trying to "make people come together" either... I guess that's my point, she LOVES confrontation, I don't think she truly wants everyone to live in unison haha

21 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm tired of Madonna wanting to "start revolutions" (how many have there been so far??), being dragged on the floor, playing the misunderstood alien and the saviour of humanity, thinking she's saying some unheard truth and that she will change the world with a music video...... Girl chill, it's just pop music.

Hola bby, bueno qué mas decir que lo que han dicho otros en el post... Madonna ha hecho muchisimo en la lucha por los derechos de las minorías como la comunidad LGBTQ+, gente que vive con HIV cuando era palabra prohibida y considerada "la peste rosa", people of color, feminidades y más. Sí, fue a traves de ser controversial xq ninguna lucha ni ningun derecho en la historia de la humanidad se ha conquistado "siendo amable" cual hippie con osde.

Recordá que a través de la música se metió contra el vaticano, contra bush siendo presidente, contra los medios que justamente discriminaban a personas que vivían con HIV/SIDA, entre otras miles. Puede q a veces parezca una buscadora de atención, pero lo merece por todo lo q ha hecho... why not.

y bueno hay muchisimo material en YouTube.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, agustinmalandra said:

Hola bby, bueno qué mas decir que lo que han dicho otros en el post... Madonna ha hecho muchisimo en la lucha por los derechos de las minorías como la comunidad LGBTQ+, gente que vive con HIV cuando era palabra prohibida y considerada "la peste rosa", people of color, feminidades y más. Sí, fue a traves de ser controversial xq ninguna lucha ni ningun derecho en la historia de la humanidad se ha conquistado "siendo amable" cual hippie con osde.

Recordá que a través de la música se metió contra el vaticano, contra bush siendo presidente, contra los medios que justamente discriminaban a personas que vivían con HIV/SIDA, entre otras miles. Puede q a veces parezca una buscadora de atención, pero lo merece por todo lo q ha hecho... why not.

y bueno hay muchisimo material en YouTube.

Sí, entiendo lo que decís, yo nací en 1985 así que soy contemporáneo de muchas de esas luchas suyas, pero mi punto es que ustedes lo describen como si ella fuera una representante de todos esos movimientos, cuando en realidad mientras ayudaba también ALIENABA un montón porque toda su lucha siempre fue acompañada de "shock value", de impresionar (positiva y negativamente) a la gente, y ESO es lo que me cansa de ella, de siempre querer molestar... Aunque entiendo que tampoco se puede reclamar desde el respeto absoluto sino nadie te va a prestar atención. No sé, tengo sentimientos encontrados con ella... De todos modos nadie va a solucionar todos los problemas del planeta, entonces ella queriendo ser portavoz de eso también me parece un poco ridículo. Si volviera a ocuparse de temas bien específicos quizás respetaría más su "lucha", pero por ahora sólo me suena a una eterna discomformista que sólo quiere pelear porque ésa es su marca. Además siempre sale en videos arrastrada por policías como si fuera una rebelde que milita en las calles, cuando en realidad nunca hizo eso (excepto por aquella vez que caminó desnuda por la calle, quizás?). El caso de Jane Fonda es diferente, ella va directo al grano por temas específicos y realmente milita en las calles y es detenida por policías de verdad. Madonna en cambio hace shows de todo eso, y no sé realmente cuánto ayuda verdaderamente...

19 hours ago, bitbitboi said:

yeah of course she stood up for the gays but also while being extremely controversial and voluntarily making conservatives mad, so it's not like she was trying to "make people come together" either... I guess that's my point, she LOVES confrontation, I don't think she truly wants everyone to live in unison haha

Revolutionaries or people who protest in the name of a certain issue are not trying to “bring people together”. They’re literally fighting against one side. And frankly speaking, conservatives are dead wrong. No, we do not have to “bring people together” and thus compromise on issues of human rights and sending minorities back into the dark ages. Wrong is wrong is wrong. PERIOD. And being controversial and confrontational in the name of human rights is God dam*ed respectable and often warranted. She uses her platform to fight for the rights of others. This isn’t about unison. People don’t want to live in unison with racists, homophobes or people whom would strip women of their reproductive rights. It’s good vs. evil. And no one wants to live with evil. The good guys aren’t trying to hold hands with the bad guys. She’s protesting. And I’m here for it. 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, agustinmalandra said:

no ma'am

Abducido on Twitter: "https://t.co/pxSIGxWrsP" / Twitter

:queenflopga_pink_sass_walking_away_bye: :trash_throw_away_recycle:

It's not my fault the USA chose a bad name when the country was founded. Nevertheless, the shorthand is conversationally correct whether people like it or not. It's not like people are referring to the USA as 'America' at the UN. 

• Content Curators
22 hours ago, jordeezy said:

Us gays have been having to wear c0nd0mz since the AIDS epidemic. I cannot believe how many people are unwilling to protect themselves saxually. All these ppl just silly nilly taking nut from everyone they do it with?? Chylllle

?

one of the most brain rot comment i’ve seen on this site

but what more can u expect from a certain crowd that still has lingered on this site for so many years 🙂

On 7/5/2022 at 3:41 PM, mattdw said:

The United States of America is the only country with the word 'America' in its name. 'American' is the proper demonym of US citizens and 'America' is commonly used shorthand for the country and correct in this context. 

In Spain America refers to Latin America for cultural reasons and US citizens are called estadounidenses

On 7/5/2022 at 5:21 PM, bitbitboi said:

We're talking about a woman who has triggered multiple times the Vatican  to the point of having the Pope calling people to boycott her though

42 minutes ago, do the thing said:

In Spain America refers to Latin America for cultural reasons and US citizens are called estadounidenses

We're talking about a woman who has triggered multiple times the Vatican  to the point of having the Pope calling people to boycott her though

She just reminded people the Vatican forced the venue to cancel her Blonde ambition tour in Rome over safety concerns for the venue, Not Madonna herself. 

6 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

She just reminded people the Vatican forced the venue to cancel her Blonde ambition tour in Rome over safety concerns for the venue, Not Madonna herself. 

Actually, Pope John Paul II did call for the boycott of Madonna in Italy after Like a Prayer MV release, didn't he? The boycott included her discography + performances didn't it? I mean some Republican/Democrat groups back in 2004 (Iraq invasion) called for the boycott of Madonna too and tried to cancel her (in the meantime, some Conservative groups called for the boycott of Britney Spears after "S4U" with that crazy girl saying that she'd shoot her if she saw her in the street).  

On 7/6/2022 at 2:20 PM, do the thing said:

That was in the eighties, they barely cared about her in the nineties, and then they stopped paying attention.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block