Madonna: This is what life looks like if you’re a woman living in America…

• Super Mods

It's quite sad if you ask me. Madonna spent the majority of her career dismantling the system (quite successfully) with a lot of help and support from GP. It must suck big time for her to see all of this crumble and rights of minorities being stripped down or reverted back to that of before 80s. 

It's even sadder to realize how people (esp americans) were much more willing to start a revolution 50 years ago than they are today. The new generations are afraid and lazy to even move a finger - even for their own human rights. 

• Love 4
  • Like 5
11 hours ago, Rodriguitop said:

It's The united states of America.

Not America 

The United States of America is the only country with the word 'America' in its name. 'American' is the proper demonym of US citizens and 'America' is commonly used shorthand for the country and correct in this context. 

• Haha 1
  • Like 8
5 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

It's quite sad if you ask me. Madonna spent the majority of her career dismantling the system (quite successfully) with a lot of help and support from GP. It must suck big time for her to see all of this crumble and rights of minorities being stripped down or reverted back to that of before 80s. 

It's even sadder to realize how people (esp americans) were much more willing to start a revolution 50 years ago than they are today. The new generations are afraid and lazy to even move a finger - even for their own human rights. 

Blame Trump. Or even Hilary. Or the Dems. 

1 hour ago, mattdw said:

The United States of America is the only country with the word 'America' in its name. 'American' is the proper demonym of US citizens and 'America' is commonly used shorthand for the country and correct in this context. 

Well then the country should be called "The United States of NORTH America". Our point is that it's a (political) choice. Now the world is used to that name and nationality ("American" for people from the USA) but that doesn't make it right.

I'm tired of Madonna wanting to "start revolutions" (how many have there been so far??), being dragged on the floor, playing the misunderstood alien and the saviour of humanity, thinking she's saying some unheard truth and that she will change the world with a music video...... Girl chill, it's just pop music.

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
55 minutes ago, bitbitboi said:

I'm tired of Madonna wanting to "start revolutions" (how many have there been so far??), being dragged on the floor, playing the misunderstood alien and the saviour of humanity, thinking she's saying some unheard truth and that she will change the world with a music video...... Girl chill, it's just pop music.

Madonna actually accomplished a lot through pop music, especially for us minorities (black people and the lgbt). I'm not even her fan but I feel like us younger generations are completely oblivious to how much she actually did for the world.

In the 80s, when people thought even talking to an AIDS infected person would kill them and these patients witnessed discrimination unheard of before that, Madonna brought them to light by inviting her AIDS friend to the stage with her. She single-handedly changed the perception on HIV and AIDS to the point where people stopped discriminating against them as much.

She raised millions of dollars for research centers which brought us to the present state of HIV not being a dangerous disease anymore because of a single pill. 

All this while actual politicians and leaders were speaking the most outrageous things against the LGBT community, discriminating against us with the excuse it was us gays who were bringing this deadly disease upon straight people. Madonna was probably the only one who stood up for us and decided to defend us.

We owe this woman so much, we don't even know. I applaud her for everything she has done and I thank her for fighting (alongside everyone else) for my rights. I thank her and our lgbt elders for dying and fighting so I could have all the rights today as a 29 year old gay man. A right to live without fear. 

• Love 4
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

Dammed if you do and damned if you don't... Madonna has always been passionate about woman's rights and discrimination and she's using her platform in the best way she can. 

It's a dangerous world if no one actually takes a stand, and we condemn and ridicule those that do... Where exactly does that lead us?

Scary thought.

• Love 2
  • Like 2
48 minutes ago, BUWYGF said:

Madonna actually accomplished a lot through pop music, especially for us minorities (black people and the lgbt). I'm not even her fan but I feel like us younger generations are completely oblivious to how much she actually did for the world.

In the 80s, when people thought even talking to an AIDS infected person would kill them and these patients witnessed discrimination unheard of before that, Madonna brought them to light by inviting her AIDS friend to the stage with her. She single-handedly changed the perception on HIV and AIDS to the point where people stopped discriminating against them as much.

She raised millions of dollars for research centers which brought us to the present state of HIV not being a dangerous disease anymore because of a single pill. 

All this while actual politicians and leaders were speaking the most outrageous things against the LGBT community, discriminating against us with the excuse it was us gays who were bringing this deadly disease upon straight people. Madonna was probably the only one who stood up for us and decided to defend us.

We owe this woman so much, we don't even know. I applaud her for everything she has done and I thank her for fighting (alongside everyone else) for my rights. I thank her and our lgbt elders for dying and fighting so I could have all the rights today as a 29 year old gay man. A right to live without fear. 

36 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

Dammed if you do and damned if you don't... Madonna has always been passionate about woman's rights and discrimination and she's using her platform in the best way she can. 

It's a dangerous world if no one actually takes a stand, and we condemn and ridicule those that do... Where exactly does that lead us?

Scary thought.

yeah of course she stood up for the gays but also while being extremely controversial and voluntarily making conservatives mad, so it's not like she was trying to "make people come together" either... I guess that's my point, she LOVES confrontation, I don't think she truly wants everyone to live in unison haha

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bitbitboi said:

yeah of course she stood up for the gays but also while being extremely controversial and voluntarily making conservatives mad, so it's not like she was trying to "make people come together" either... I guess that's my point, she LOVES confrontation, I don't think she truly wants everyone to live in unison haha

Do conservatives deserve respect, they site the bible and report's state people are leaving church and religion cos what the conservatives did. 

They turned the bible upside down and made it a book of hate not of love. 

So no thank you. At this point it's a dictator, your cool as long as you are straight, if not, mental institution where you belong for being attracted to a fellow boy or a fellow girl.

That's is what's happening. 

7 hours ago, BUWYGF said:

Yaaas 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block