Would you be up for a Crossroads 2?

• Super Mods
31 minutes ago, TheJayTawndreEffect said:

Crossroads is iconic and the fact some "fans" bash it makes me wonder 🤔 because that was Britney in her prime. The movie did NOT flop. :lemmetellu_telling_preaching_yelling_talking_points_finger:

It definitely did not flop and a real Britney fan knows this is a classic movie. I’ll leave this here!

“Produced by MTV Films, and released on February 15, 2002, in North America by Paramount Pictures, Crossroads was a box office success, grossing $61 million worldwide on a $12 million budget.”

It actually made money so that’s not a flop to me :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, GlitterRain said:

It definitely did not flop and a real Britney fan knows this is a classic movie. Ill leave this hear!

“Produced by MTV Films, and released on February 15, 2002, in North America by Paramount Pictures, Crossroads was a box office success, grossing $61 million worldwide on a $12 million budget.”

It actually made money so that’s not a flop to me :yeahsure_britney_ftr_for_the_record_yeah_nod_yes_white:

Facts! 

i cant hear basketball wives GIF by VH1

• Love 1
4 hours ago, princessmimi said:

That would be great although I dont see how its possible especially considering

• Its been WAY too long
  • Britney doesnt want to act
  • Britney looks nothing like she did in the first movie
  • what would the plot be?

Im just saying

Exactly, the characters would all be in their 40s with kids maybe and married. One would hope Kit grew up and wasnt a spoilt brat anymore and Mimi wouldn't be a moody teenager with all her issues. So I dont really see the storyline. Even if they went on another road trip, they wouldn't be running away and rebelling  because they'd be fully grown women who can do what they want

Tbh I dont even see a sequel working even a couple of years after Crossroads came out. Because at the end of the film Lucy told her dad to let her go and let her be an adult then she ran and hugged Ben so presumably they began being a couple. So apart from them marrying and having kids which I don't see a interesting storyline for, what would a Crossroads 2 be about?

• Like 1
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

Exactly, the characters would all be in their 40s with kids maybe and married. One would hope Kit grew up and wasnt a spoilt brat anymore and Mimi wouldn't be a moody teenager with all her issues. So I dont really see the storyline. Even if they went on another road trip, they wouldn't be running away and rebelling  because they'd be fully grown women who can do what they want

Tbh I dont even see a sequel working even a couple of years after Crossroads came out. Because at the end of the film Lucy told her dad to let her go and let her be an adult then she ran and hugged Ben so presumably they began being a couple. So apart from them marrying and having kids which I don't see a interesting storyline for, what would a Crossroads 2 be about?

True.

Some movies dont need a sequel.

They should be left the way are

• Love 1

I think Britney is a good actress and Crossroads is a better movie than people give it credit for. It's kind of a no-brainer to write it off since it was a  movie in which a famous singer played a girl who wanted to be a singer, but for what it is, it's way better than one would expect. 

It didn't actually make a ton of money and Britney's life during the conservatorship was so brutal. To me, her memoir is the more appropriate way for her to reflect on the journey of her fame. I'd love to see Britney act again though. I'm sure she wouldn't struggle to get guest spots on some TV shows at least. 

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block