Do you think Break My Soul's lyrics are inspired by Britney's situation?

I'm 1 minute and 17 seconds into the new Beyonce's single Break My Soul. I already feel like she quotes statements from Britney's speech at the hearing in June a year ago, e.g. "They work me so hard.", "I can't sleep at night". The other lines seem so influenced by her whole story that no one is capable to make me think otherwise.

Do you agree Beyonce was inspired by Britney for a hundred time?

• Love 2
  • Like 1

No. I think Beyoncé’s team wanted lyrics to show what’s happening to many people in America: great resignation, economic instability/recession, division and polarization in politics, LGBTQ and racial violence, people need escapism. She basically did Vogue for this generation. 

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4
9 minutes ago, Lisa88007 said:

No. I think Beyoncé’s team wanted lyrics to show what’s happening to many people in America: great resignation, economic instability/recession, division and polarization in politics, LGBTQ and racial violence, people need escapism. She basically did Vogue for this generation. 

What are you guys talking about, now Beyoncé is the voice of the people?? SHE'S SELLING MERCHANDISE, WHICH IS ALREADY SOLD OUT, and doesn't even show pictures of the products because she's THAT arrogant and entitled.

• Love 3

I don't know why the backlash in this thread, because I felt the same way when I heard the song the first time. It's like they got some keywords of Britney's testimony. I agree. I feel there was some inspiration, plus everything that is happening in the world today. Nothing wrong with speculating in the Britney forum 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block