Jennifer Lopez On Sharing The Super Bowl Stage With Shakira: “This was the worst idea in the world“

She wasn’t throwing shade at Shakira. JLo was pressed about the time each singer was given and expressed that it’s a bit tight. 

JLo was also upset that historically it was mostly one female artist that headlined the Super Bowl. She felt that it was racist that it necessitates TWO latinas as opposed to the traditional set up of one solo artist. 

Shakira and JLo are cool with each other, for those who haven’t seen the Netflix documentary. 

• Like 8

The infamous interview.  

Like honest said, this is the most c0ckiest interview a new star on the rise ever done.

Crystal (bestie) points out slams Madonna acting says don't spit on my craft, Madonna might be the razzie worst actress, but girl She didnt star in gigli, the worst movie of all time by critics and audiences alike.  Oh and two time golden globe winner plus oscar buzz for Evita, butyou never see her play the victim as she knows Hollywood hates her for what she did that allowed you to shake that romp and eaer the dress sweetheart. 

The comments about Gwyneth Paltrow made crystal laugh, saying girl you and Ariana gave thanos a run for the 7 rings, like you have room to talk about only being known for her relationships with men. 

The nerve of a Leo showing leo energy. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, bas che said:

She wasn’t throwing shade at Shakira. JLo was pressed about the time each singer was given and expressed that it’s a bit tight. 

Thank you. Leave it to the gheys to start pitting two successful women against each other for absolutely no reason. What else is new? 

• Love 2
On 6/10/2022 at 3:34 AM, Caleb Ellis said:

In Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix documentary she revealed that she was unhappy to share the Super Bowl stage with Shakira. 

During a tense scene Jennifer and music director Kim Burse discuss how to map out her performance and share the stage with Shakira. "We have to have our singing moments," she insists. "It's not going to be a dance ****ing revue. We have to sing our message."

She then goes off on the NFL, saying, "This is the worst idea in the world to have two people do the Super Bowl. It was the worst idea in the world."

In another scene, Shakira expresses concern to Jennifer about the timing, noting that the NFL organizers want their respective songs to be "weaved" into the performance. To this, Jennifer says they will divide their 12 minutes equally, but adds, "If it was going to be a double-headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes. That's what they should've ****ing done."

I thought it was terrible and disrespectful to have them share. They are both amazing artists and deserved their own shows. 

• Love 1
On 6/10/2022 at 6:22 PM, Freakshow__ said:

JLo has more classics lets be real. Shakira was happy to sing her international hits WW, Hips and the other one. While Jlo has more songs to choose from.

Em… Shakira has much more classics than JLo. Y’all don’t realize how big Shakira is outside of the U.S.: in Europe, South America, MENA region she’s much bigger than JLo has ever been.

And she has far more classics. Just compare the views of their MV realized at the same time. 

Don’t generalize a reality in the U.S. to the entire world. She’s in her mid-40s, she has 20+ years of career, and she still manage to hit 500 million to 1 billion views for her new content.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
On 6/10/2022 at 12:26 PM, K-man said:

So let get right? The woman who was lipsyncing her song that are sang by other people is mad she had to share the stage with an actual artist. On top of that J.Lo doesn’t have 10 minutes worth of songs… that 7 minutes too long. Shakira could’ve done it on her own and killed it even more. Plus I’m sure she’s annoyed whatever whatever went to number 1 on iTunes and her song barely cracked the top 20. 

She sounds bitter and annoyed, plus I’m sure she was mad the following year when The Weeknd performed himselfspacer.png

This post sounds bitter

JLo has won all kinds of awards for random things she’s done, she’s a world renowned actress and pop star, she’s judged talent shows, made the iconic Selena movie, has men fawning for her, has 2 beautiful kids, and MORE MONEY THAN SHE KNOWS WHAT TO DO WITH!!!! 
and yet she chooses to be butt hurt about “sharing” the Super Bowl stage. At least she was invited to perform!! That’s a feat within itself! 
We all know she can’t sing whatsoever and has been using a black woman’s vocals for her album recordings this entire time, yet we let her get by with it and she HAS THE NERVE to complain about sharing the stage with a HUGE, accomplished artist: Shakira. 
The level of narcissism JLo has is INSANE. She already has literally EVERYTHING anyone could ask for, yet she still believes she deserves more!!! 

• Like 2
On 6/18/2022 at 4:27 PM, Rodriguitop said:

Shakira will comeback on a show by herself, JLo won't.

Also, the Halftime doc should have featured them both.

I never heard jlo complained about having to headline her first major Us tour with Enrique Iglesias, look up her tours, it's like girl come on. You never been the main headliner, you never really did a tour during your short lived prime, how you still make music without a world tour is beyond me.

She really went from industry plant to icon, but how. I mean how it was 4 years in my eyes if everybody loving her.

But the Ben Affleck relationship, the fact that some if his comments especially about appearing in the video for Jenny from the block, he in 04 sounded grateful to come out unscathed unlike her when they broke up. To calling the whole treatment unfair and bull****, boy you acting innocent now, but I remember you dissing her every chance you got cos you hated how that relationship affected your career, I guess you two are meant to be together.

J.lo and Ben sitting in a tree. 

H Y P O C R I T E S 

• Love 1

Man a good Old Stan war is happening now, and boy they provided facts, even types of technicality, Spotify gain's, and contracts signed, and other stuff..

One post made Jlo looks not so musically diverse, dancing skills crappy, and the fact that she had no musical instruments playing the way Shakira did with the guitars and drums, I'm like, damn, maybe it should have just been Shakira only!!!

That thread was actually all facts 

• Love 2
On 6/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, Stefani said:

Her ego is insane. Did she really think that they'd give her and Shakira 20 minutes instead of the standard 12 minutes? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: Did she think that the football stans would want to watch an extra 8 minutes of her lip-syncing to some irrelevant songs?

you are totally missing the point of what she said.. read this thread first :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

10 minutes ago, Prince Ali said:

you are totally missing the point of what she said.. read this thread first :byebitch_britney_wave_black_white_and_bw_sunglasses_bye_hi_walking_leaving:

The point is the media ran with a click bait, and well as we see it worked the way it did. It added fuel to her haters, who basically refuse to watch it. No they're not mimi fans, but actually latin people who really can't understand for someone proud of her Puerto Rican she only caters to the English market, t9 where the other latin acts really do both, in different cycles..

Remember her first two albums had Spanish pop and Tracks in Spanish, but after the success of the remix if I'm real, they literally felt abandoned by her cos that's where the money was for her. Generic American hip hop and also the fact that she said the n word left a bad taste in people's mouth. Literally she sang the lyrics, she could have changed to.

" I just tell my bishes to mind their business, but they don't hear me though!" 

If she did that today, she would be cancelled faster than a ray of light.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block