Jennifer Lopez On Sharing The Super Bowl Stage With Shakira: “This was the worst idea in the world“

• Content Curators

In Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix documentary she revealed that she was unhappy to share the Super Bowl stage with Shakira. 

During a tense scene Jennifer and music director Kim Burse discuss how to map out her performance and share the stage with Shakira. "We have to have our singing moments," she insists. "It's not going to be a dance ****ing revue. We have to sing our message."

She then goes off on the NFL, saying, "This is the worst idea in the world to have two people do the Super Bowl. It was the worst idea in the world."

In another scene, Shakira expresses concern to Jennifer about the timing, noting that the NFL organizers want their respective songs to be "weaved" into the performance. To this, Jennifer says they will divide their 12 minutes equally, but adds, "If it was going to be a double-headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes. That's what they should've ****ing done."

• Haha 5
8 hours ago, Caleb Ellis said:

In Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix documentary she revealed that she was unhappy to share the Super Bowl stage with Shakira. 

During a tense scene Jennifer and music director Kim Burse discuss how to map out her performance and share the stage with Shakira. "We have to have our singing moments," she insists. "It's not going to be a dance ****ing revue. We have to sing our message."

She then goes off on the NFL, saying, "This is the worst idea in the world to have two people do the Super Bowl. It was the worst idea in the world."

In another scene, Shakira expresses concern to Jennifer about the timing, noting that the NFL organizers want their respective songs to be "weaved" into the performance. To this, Jennifer says they will divide their 12 minutes equally, but adds, "If it was going to be a double-headliner, they should have given us 20 minutes. That's what they should've ****ing done."

Latina women are competitive. Nothing new.

• Like 2

So let get right? The woman who was lipsyncing her song that are sang by other people is mad she had to share the stage with an actual artist. On top of that J.Lo doesn’t have 10 minutes worth of songs… that 7 minutes too long. Shakira could’ve done it on her own and killed it even more. Plus I’m sure she’s annoyed whatever whatever went to number 1 on iTunes and her song barely cracked the top 20. 

She sounds bitter and annoyed, plus I’m sure she was mad the following year when The Weeknd performed himselfspacer.png

• Love 4
  • Haha 1
  • Like 4

I thought having them share was fair, honestly, even though each of them could have done it individually. If this had been an event in a Spanish-speaking country, having Shakira do it alone would have been best. If it had been in Puerto Rico, it could have just been Jennifer. But to the general public in the US, Shakira isn't as huge an artist as she is in the Spanish-speaking world. Her career is more about sporadic hits like Whenever, Wherever and Hips Don't Lie. Jennifer is more notable as an actress. I get the frustration, but the performance turned out well. 

From my understanding, shakira had to legally become involved, cos Of the deal NFL made with jay Z and Rocnation manages Shakira, so by no Choice thanks to that 22 year legally binding contract

Handz was tied on NFL end, you know how it is sweetie, i mean you had Tommy basically steal a sample mimi locked for you. 

Ashanti all these songs, it's just business sweetheart  

But congrats on actually becoming an icon even though people won't admit it, you were the first industry plant to be used for an agenda.

I'm still surprised she never told her event's on the Mariah Carey and Sony saga, to clear her name..

It's as if she likes being a victim of something and that's the angle to use for her, a victim of an ex seekimg revenge on his former biggest artist..

• Love 1

Each one could do it separately very well, but in the end, it was amazing!!! 'though it was in bad taste for Jlo to say so.
On the other hand Shakira whenever she talks about the Super Bowl is more grateful and humble than Jlo.

There is no doubt that Shakira being a more complete artist, she composes and produces her own music since she started and has been recognized by crictics (multiple Grammy Winner) while Jlo is still waiting for her first Grammy and her first Oscar... so Shakira is much more humble than Jlo.
'though I like Jlo's music I think she is very Ok... at what she does, she doesn't have a great voice, and she is not the best actress, her greatest talent is dancing.:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard::shaktongue_shakira_red::clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Alex Murr said:

Each one could do it separately very well, but in the end, it was amazing!!! 'though it was in bad taste for Jlo to say so.
On the other hand Shakira whenever she talks about the Super Bowl is more grateful and humble than Jlo.

There is no doubt that Shakira being a more complete artist, she composes and produces her own music since she started and has been recognized by crictics (multiple Grammy Winner) while Jlo is still waiting for her first Grammy and her first Oscar... so Shakira is much more humble than Jlo.
'though I like Jlo's music I think she is very Ok... at what she does, she doesn't have a great voice, and she is not the best actress, her greatest talent is dancing.:pleaseshhh_miss_ny_new_york_tiffany_tell_talk_preach_pollard::shaktongue_shakira_red::clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

That's why she wasnt nominated for hustlers, it wasn't that much of a stretch for her. 

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block