New Britney For Pepsi Outtakes (2003)

I'm going to go out a limb and question why Pepsi?  Even in the early aughts coke had "won the cola wars".  Coke is based in Atlanta so it's vera vera... southern and Christian.  I don't understand why Coke would not have nabbed her as a poster girl.  My limb?  Michael Jackson famously caught on fire doing a Pepsi commercial.  Someone (maybe Rudolf) has invested interest in Pepsi, who are also based in NY.

9 hours ago, Louis-j said:

You could already see that her passion was starting to fade out.. She looks kinda depressed. :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I don’t think it was her passion more so she was  tired and being hella overworked already. A movie, album, tour, and then this ****** Pepsi deal that she was clearly over… it was all too much to do in like a year or 2.

also anyone else now think it was weird sing was singing about being 21 when she just turned 21 and didn’t experience much yet..even more odd when you realize the album was written when she was 20…kinda sad they made her grow up so fast and basically play a character kinda 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, momoncourt said:

I'm going to go out a limb and question why Pepsi?  Even in the early aughts coke had "won the cola wars".  Coke is based in Atlanta so it's vera vera... southern and Christian.  I don't understand why Coke would not have nabbed her as a poster girl.  My limb?  Michael Jackson famously caught on fire doing a Pepsi commercial.  Someone (maybe Rudolf) has invested interest in Pepsi, who are also based in NY.

Whoa chill out

britney has had a with relationship with pepsi since she did the super bowl in 2001. Michael Jackson made pepsi deals popular even the spice girls promoted it In the late 90s?

Coke?

What artist was doing coke deals? The joy of coke?!:snort_spoon_powder_glasses:

Doesn't make any sense does it?:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

I don’t think it was her passion more so she was  tired and being hella overworked already. A movie, album, tour, and then this ****** Pepsi deal that she was clearly over… it was all too much to do in like a year or 2.

also anyone else now think it was weird sing was singing about being 21 when she just turned 21 and didn’t experience much yet..even more odd when you realize the album was written when she was 20…kinda sad they made her grow up so fast and basically play a character kinda 

I think trying to keep teen pop stars young is classic Larry Rudolf.

1 minute ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Whoa chill out

britney has had a with relationship with pepsi since she did the super bowl in 2001. Michael Jackson made pepsi deals popular even the spice girls promoted it In the late 90s?

Coke?

What artist was doing coke deals? The joy of coke?!:snort_spoon_powder_glasses:

Doesn't make any sense does it?:gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

coke is a huge company based in the south, chill your Pepsi - if you can find it at any fast food chain

3 minutes ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

It’s at taco bell:neydedance_purple:

Yeah and thats like the sprint cellular of fast food.  

if she was with better management she could have been her own happy meal.  For the record,  I loved the Mexican pizza.  Maybe some people in this forum are too young to remember the burger and soda wars of the 80's and 90's.  Coke would have given her more march and marketing and they are southern.  Larry Rudolf put Backstreet Boys on the Pepsi brand too.

3 hours ago, momoncourt said:

Pepsi commercials were huge during that time. They have had iconic musical acts in their commercials since the 80s at least. The only coca cola commercial I remember are the Christmas ones with the polar bears

Signing with Pepsi seems like the obvious choice to make with where Britney was in her career at the time... she was just starting to hit legend status as this era was when most of her most iconic moments happened, including some of her Pepsi commercials

2 hours ago, momoncourt said:

Yeah and thats like the sprint cellular of fast food.  

if she was with better management she could have been her own happy meal.  For the record,  I loved the Mexican pizza.  Maybe some people in this forum are too young to remember the burger and soda wars of the 80's and 90's.  Coke would have given her more march and marketing and they are southern.  Larry Rudolf put Backstreet Boys on the Pepsi brand too.

Happy meal? She’s not a cartoon character…

is a happy meal your idea of success?

even Mariah Carey had more than just a happy meal :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

• 2 weeks later...

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block