Johnny Depp wins defamation trial against Amber Heard

On 6/3/2022 at 3:52 PM, devilsadvocate said:

Okay so I did not watch the trial but I read articles every day.

Her op-Ed imo barely accused him of anything. I recall his career spiraling cause he was heavily using alcohol and ***** and that’s why Disney cut ties with him. I feel and I may be wrong but her article did not defame him. She didn’t mention him by name and didn’t say anything more than she was a victim of domestic abuse. 

his text messages alone were vile, his friendship with Marilyn Manson, and his heavy **** and alcohol use .. like he literally admitted to using his own blood to write awful things about her on the wall …

how is none of that domestic abuse and are we to believe that when he was a drunken mess he never may have hit her and forgot? 

i have no doubt she is not the greatest person and abused him too, but I feel the op-Ed was not that bad … it’s not like she was like I was beaten up daily, the trial brought out details that may have been exaggerated but I still think she is a victim of domestic abuse . 

i also think it’s gross that he promised her that he would ridicule her in front of the world stage and he accomplished that. Another form of emotional abuse … 

she didn’t sue him, he sued her …. He could have said she was a liar etc etc but he wanted to publicly humiliate her and I think that makes him a vindictive jerk … it’s revenge **** .. he smeared her name .. and he’s 20 Years her senior, he destroyed her life, while I do not believe her intention was ever to destroy his and he’s worth millions so like any damage isn’t that detrimental given his health, age, and financial situation . 

I am repulsed by the entire thing and whoever allowed it to be on tv

I do agree with your sentiments here. However I did watch the trial basically daily. 
She admit that she wrote the op-Ed 100% about him. She stated it on the record and under oath. She admit she wrote it to defame him and ridicule him. 
She is a crazy person. She thought she could use the current political climate and the whole “me too” movement to get away with abusing someone and acting like the victim. 

I have met many women and men that do this. They are toxic, vindictive individuals that think they will get away with everything. 
She was proven wrong and he was proven right. There’s no other outcome. Just watch her testimonies. Something is definitely off. 

I do agree that the whole relationship was terrible and toxic. Both of them were terrible for each-other. 

• Love 5
  • Like 1

Everyone who watched this trial intensely knows that Amber Heard is completely crazy, abusive and money hungry. There has been enough evidence ON TAPE that should let her rot in prison. A true embarassment for every victim of abuse. If you openly support this crazy person, you clearly havent watched the trial. :teigen_chrissy_eek_awkward_um_cringe:

• Love 1
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Adam Wiatrowski97 said:

LOL at Amber’s supporters. 

maybe Its time to accept the fact that

a) women can lie too

b) men can be victims as well

Why dont you believe Jamie Lynn or Lou? See? They’re evil like Amber

My thoughts on JL and LT would upset you too 😘 

so sick of hearing about this. The biggest thing that annoys me is how so many people are rallying behind Johnny Depp. Yes, Amber Heard is screwed up and seems like a terrible person. But so does Depp. Just because you like some of his old movies you're gonna celebrate him and wish him the best? I'm a big Disney fan and follow their IG, I constantly see people commenting on every post "justice for Johnny" and that they should apologize. He still seems like an awful human to me, and does anyone want to see another crappy Pirates of the Carribean sequel? not me. He's not completely innocent or a saint in the whole situation. Hope they both go away- but I mean Johnny Depp has made a ton of movies and been around for decades... it's gonna be worse for her career wise. If Depp wasn't such a mess he'd have plenty of money and never need to work again. 

4 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

so sick of hearing about this. The biggest thing that annoys me is how so many people are rallying behind Johnny Depp. Yes, Amber Heard is screwed up and seems like a terrible person. But so does Depp. Just because you like some of his old movies you're gonna celebrate him and wish him the best? I'm a big Disney fan and follow their IG, I constantly see people commenting on every post "justice for Johnny" and that they should apologize. He still seems like an awful human to me, and does anyone want to see another crappy Pirates of the Carribean sequel? not me. He's not completely innocent or a saint in the whole situation. Hope they both go away- but I mean Johnny Depp has made a ton of movies and been around for decades... it's gonna be worse for her career wise. If Depp wasn't such a mess he'd have plenty of money and never need to work again. 

tbh Amber put herself in this situation in her attempt to keep tormenting him while ruining his career.

He might have been abusive and probably his mistake was staying in that toxic relationship with her for so long, yet he didn't go on and wrote an op-ed accusing her with false statements or selling himself as a saint.

If both were guilty of being abusive (and tbh, it's pretty obvious that Amber was even more guilty at that than whatever he could've done, and anyone that still doubts it is delusional at this point) they should've just parted ways and continue with their lives. But she was the one that made it public, she was the one that lied to everyone and hid her share of guilt, affecting big time Johnny's career, and now that all her lies and horrible behavior have been exposed, we're supposed to feel bad for her paying the consequences of her malicious acts? I couldn't care less about Johnny Depp or the Pirates movies, but I do understand why the public would feel happy about him being proven right, or Amber proven wrong, and demand some kind of apology to Johnny (though I don't really know how that would help at anything) but tbh I don't agree with how you put the two of them as if they were just as "terrible" when it's as clear as day that Amber is a million times worse.

And regarding her career, I didn't even know she was an actress before this trial, but if she acts as bad as she did at the stand, I don't think her career had much future anyways.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

This is the definition of delusional. You clearly don’t live in reality and your making up your own conclusions. This is literally not what was proven in a court of law. I don’t understand how people play mental gymnastics to prove some point. It was literally proven in court. How are we debating this?! 

like i said before the verdict, no matter who's guilty here, the amount of hate amber heard has gotten is out of this world. no one deserves this kind of harrasement. i've never seen something like this before. and yes, johnny won this case, but he lost the UK trial. during that trial the judge said that it was proven that Johnny was abusive towards Amber in at least 11 out of 13 incidents. so who's sentence is more valid? 

it was a ****ed up, violent relationship, and honestly, neither of them seem to be having a good time with all of this. amber is no saint but johnny stans make him seem like an angel and he isn't either. all this hate just feels wrong and uncalled for. radical right-wing extremists and anti-feminist bros are taking all of their rage towards amber heard and it's not fair. i'm not saying that what seemed to happen to depp these past years is fair either, cancel culture is ****ed up, but it seems like people have way more sympathy for him than for amber and i think both acted wrong.

• Love 3
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, ElenaB said:

like i said before the verdict, no matter who's guilty here, the amount of hate amber heard has gotten is out of this world. no one deserves this kind of harrasement. i've never seen something like this before. and yes, johnny won this case, but he lost the UK trial. during that trial the judge said that it was proven that Johnny was abusive towards Amber in at least 11 out of 13 incidents. so who's sentence is more valid? 

it was a ****ed up, violent relationship, and honestly, neither of them seem to be having a good time with all of this. amber is no saint but johnny stans make him seem like an angel and he isn't either. all this hate just feels wrong and uncalled for. radical right-wing extremists and anti-feminist bros are taking all of their rage towards amber heard and it's not fair. i'm not saying that what seemed to happen to depp these past years is fair either, cancel culture is ****ed up, but it seems like people have way more sympathy for him than for amber and i think both acted wrong.

Agreed. I think both Amber and Depp are clearly toxic and messed up, and I don't know if she's telling the truth 100%. But people who think Depp is a good person or an innocent victim, are delusional. He's done so many messed up things in the past, has a pattern of violent behaviour. So even if Amber does come across as insincere or manipulative, that doesn't mean Depp is some kind of saint. Sure, he was very funny and charming and charismatic during the trial -- guess what, he's an ACTOR, that's literally what he does.

And the way people have torn this woman apart on the internet has honestly scared me. It's a total lack of empathy, and it's completely out of proportion to what she may or may not have done. And a lot of it is definitely rooted in misogyny imo.

• Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

Anyone who believe he never abused didn’t really looked at the evidences, I though he was innocent because I was brainwashed by the propaganda, but he literally admitted it on tape. What a shame, i never saw a real victim of abuse getting more support than Johnny Depp, a certified wife beater and a terrible person.

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block